Recalled/Assigned: Ryan Poehling Sent to Laval

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Mixed feelings here guys............probably the right call, but I was hoping he would have stayed...

Let's hope for a call up soon, once Laflamme is traded...

ludwig

Dec 17, 2007
No point in him playing in Thompson's spot and not seasoned enough to justify moving Domi to the wing. Won't be long till he is called up. Injuries happen and they happen to Montreal's small forwards a lot.

Reactions: Holystik

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Not even a little suprised have to keep the riellys and folins of the world over actual good prospects.
??? Those are defenceman. At least mention forwards.
Anyway, Why have Poehling up right now to play minimum time on the 4th line or sit in the press box? Let him dominate a bit in the AHL. Makes sense to me right now. I’m sure he’ll be back up at some point this year.

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
Better to go play top minutes in Laval than 6 minutes on the 4th line but he did deserve to stay up just can't knock anyone out of top 9

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Better to go play top minutes in Laval than 6 minutes on the 4th line but he did deserve to stay up just can't knock anyone out of top 9

4th lines don't play 6 minutes anymore. But sending him down is a good call. But even if he cracked the line-up and starts on the 4th line, it wouldn't have stunted his development as some people seem to think.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Byron Thompson Armia is a random mixed bag if I've ever seen one.

Byron is fast. Thompson and Armia aren't.
Thompson and Armia can cycle. Byron can't.
Byron can finish. Thompson and Armia can't create.
etc..
Weird thing is, Armia LOOKS talented out there. He makes moves that makes me think the points should be there.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
??? Those are defenceman. At least mention forwards.
Anyway, Why have Poehling up right now to play minimum time on the 4th line or sit in the press box? Let him dominate a bit in the AHL. Makes sense to me right now. I’m sure he’ll be back up at some point this year.
I mentioned them because they weŕe specifically referenced the other day as players MB was afraid to lose so he couldnt send them down forcing him to send poehling instead but on the 4th line minutes thing we definitely agree

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Weird thing is, Armia LOOKS talented out there. He makes moves that makes me think the points should be there.

Imo, he's like Eller tons of skills and physical gifts, but has Tunnel vision and lacks hockey sense. Is at least a great defensive player who will randomely come alive offensively - sometimes even in big monents.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Let him dominate the AHL for a while. Let him realize his potential, let him realize he can be a 1C in this league.
LOL! Hot takes are off the presses. Get them while they're hot. If Poehling is a 1C on the Habs, then we'll never win anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad