Prospect Info: Ryan Poehling - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

JC Superstar

Aug 7, 2013
He also wasn’t a drafted prospect .....he was signed as NHL ready UFA

Well, they bought the league to get him and got #5 and #1 for the same price. Lot better than Gary Monahan if you ask me, never understood why they took a guy from Toronto. Better draft from St Cloud than buy the NCAA!

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Told you, the solution is bench Drouin and replace him by Poehling. The guy is brings more offensively and he's FAR better defensively.
May be in the playoffs.

I currently already have Drouin and Byron outside the top 12. So Poehling would have to replace Lehkonen, Armia or Staal:

Tatar Danault Anderson
Toffoli Suzuki Armia (Poehling-Suzuki-Toffoli?)
Caufield KK Gallagher
Lehk Staal Perry (poehling-Staal-Perry?)

Reactions: Kimota

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
yeah when i heard he played his best game last night as a Rocket, I was thinking the same thing.

He's playing for a playoff call up. HOpefully we make it. I think it'll be fine.
Always viewed this year as a transition year- Romanov, Caufield, and Poehling all should be big pieces going forward. Question is who sits for them? Byron and Lehkonen?

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
Always viewed this year as a transition year- Romanov, Caufield, and Poehling all should be big pieces going forward. Question is who sits for them? Byron and Lehkonen?

Feels weird. I know it’s too soon to say but when was the last time we produced NHL players from 3 consecutive first round picks (2017,2018 and 2019). I feel like it should be the norm but we haven’t had that luxury.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
So he's gonna be a winger forever in Montreal.

His game has really evolved since college/WJC ... his speed is much better now and he certainly looks more like a winger. He might end up playing the game like Lekhonen... hopefully he will cash more and be more clutch...because that was always the exciting thing about his game really... a 20goal scoring Lekhonen would be great I think

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
May be in the playoffs.

I currently already have Drouin and Byron outside the top 12. So Poehling would have to replace Lehkonen, Armia or Staal:

Tatar Danault Anderson
Toffoli Suzuki Armia (Poehling-Suzuki-Toffoli?)
Caufield KK Gallagher
Lehk Staal Perry (poehling-Staal-Perry?)
There is ZERO chance Staal is back.
Perry I would hope , but maybe not too. He will have options.

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
Might as well bring up Poehling in addition to CC at this point. The vets had their chance and they blew it. Time to see what the kids can do.
They can't even find a way to have CC in the lineup, how are they gonna fit Poehling in? I'm down, it's just, you don't ask a kid who struggles adding 2+2 to take a shot at quantum physics.

Reactions: dcyhabs

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
They can't even find a way to have CC in the lineup, how are they gonna fit Poehling in? I'm down, it's just, you don't ask a kid who struggles adding 2+2 to take a shot at quantum physics.
People are really over thinking the math here. Byron, Drouin, and now Tatar are all officially “injured”. Lehkonen just sucks and can be launched into outer space. There are plenty of work arounds, we literally have the guy who created the cap on our staff to exploit the loopholes. There are many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad