Prospect Info: Ryan Poehling Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
that's exactly why i'm comparing them. good job. Poehling had 13 pts in 35 games in his draft year. Safe to say that's comparable to not being PPG in chips draft season in the dub?

He had 13 points in the NCAA.

He finished High school early so he could be in the NCAA as a 17 yo old. Most guys are in the USHL at that age.

How is that in any way comparable to Chipchuras D+2 season ? Hes producing like Pacioretty's D+1.

Look, Im not even sure of Poehlings potential either, but youre not making sense.

Reactions: dralaf

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
He had 13 points in the NCAA.

He finished High school early so he could be in the NCAA as a 17 yo old. Most guys are in the USHL at that age.

How is that in any way comparable to Chipchuras D+2 season ? Hes producing like Pacioretty's D+1.

Look, Im not even sure of Poehlings potential either, but youre not making sense.

But but, he’s NEVER WRONG!

Reactions: dralaf

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Obviously you never have to stop working on things. For Poehling, it will be feet agility and shot strength. He is a good powerful skater but his agility isn't up to par yet. I wouldn't say he's the most natural gifted player. So we will see if he can compensate things through hard work.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Having Poehling and Danault as the centers in our middle 6 soon will afford us the ability to have a pure offensive minded #1 center.

HockeyAddict

Nov 7, 2008
on an island
Like Galchenyuk!?
146706443.0.jpg

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I want the habs to be patient with him. He needs IMO another year in college and one year in the AHL.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I want the habs to be patient with him. He needs IMO another year in college and one year in the AHL.
I think another year would do him good... with a more prominent role at the WJC... but I think he'd probably just finish his career at SCS with a 4th year there rather than sign only to play a year in Laval...

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
Next year will be telling a lot about his future. If he replicates we are looking at 3C-4C and if he keep improving we are heading into 2C-1C territory.

Not much doubt he is going to play NHL some day, just waiting to see where he peaks at.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

That sounds like the best possible road to take with him. But I wouldn't be upset if they do sign him to an ELC this summer and let him play in Laval as soon as next year.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
How would you compare Ryan Poehling to Colin White from Ottawa, 2015 first round pick?

Both seems to be in the same mold..!?

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Next year will be telling a lot about his future. If he replicates we are looking at 3C-4C and if he keep improving we are heading into 2C-1C territory.

Not much doubt he is going to play NHL some day, just waiting to see where he peaks at.

yeah it's really how much he keeps improving. Really hope he can take another leap next year. That would be huge.

he's just too smart with the puck and such a gifted passer coupled with his size and speed that top 6 seems like a real possibility. Hopefully he can expand his offensive toolbox. He's scoring more goals of late which is good.

Great pick so far.

Reactions: montreal and jiboy

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
yeah it's really how much he keeps improving. Really hope he can take another leap next year. That would be huge.

he's just too smart with the puck and such a gifted passer coupled with his size and speed that top 6 seems like a real possibility. Hopefully he can expand his offensive toolbox. He's scoring more goals of late which is good.

Great pick so far.

yes very much so as this is where it will be so telling what he can be. I didn't follow him in his draft year but I saw most of the games he played for SCSU this year and I know the play by play guys were raving about how much he's improved and clearly he was a big reason why they were one of the best teams in the NCAA all year. Yes they have impressive depth at forward and overall really as I really like the undrafted 19 year old goalie from Slovakia, but Poehling drives a lot of the offense and just does so many things well. Very impressed but the huge question is just that, how much more can he progress, clearly he's young enough and another year in the NCAA and with Team USA at the WJC's and its going to be very interesting what he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad