Confirmed with Link: Ryan O'Reilly traded to STL for Tage Thompson, Patrik Berglund, Vladimir Sobotka, 2019 1st, 2021 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Have any of these guys said what number they're wearing?

No. However two of the three can wear their number they wore as a member of the St. Louis Blues as two numbers are available on the Sabres. Tate Thompson - #32 - Vladimir Sobokta - #17. Patrik Berglund can't wear #21 as Kyle Okposo wears that number. As for the draft picks - there is a rumor going around that the 2019 first rounder wants to wear #9!!! LOL!!!

So if you have a old John Scott/Rob Ray or Marc Andre Gragnani jersey laying in the closet - collecting dust - get it washed and after a nameplate change, you have a current Sabres jersey! LOL!

(Also I know he wasn't part of the trade but former Blue - Carter Hutton wore #40 there and thats free to wear on the Sabres as Robin Lehner is no longer on the team. So all you who got stuck with a Lehner jersey and like to wear a jersey of a Sabres goalie - its only a $32 nameplate change at the Sabres Store away from continuing that tradition. If I had a Lehner, I would change the nameplate to Hutton. I seemed to always have a jersey of a goalie - I have a Barrasso-a Biron and 3 Miller jerseys. Wouldn't mind getting a Ullmark or Hutton jersey in the near future.)

Not interested in getting a Thompson-Sobokta jersey so if I had a Ray-Scott-Gragnani jersey - they would be safe from a nameplate change. (If I had a backup #32 - I would think of a nameplate change to Thompson.)

Last edited:
Reactions: jBuds

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
No. However all three can wear the number they wore as a member of the St. Louis Blues as all three numbers are available on the Sabres. Tate Thompson can wear #32 - Vladimir Sobokta can wear #17 -Patrik Berglund can wear #21. I'll have to get back to you on the draft picks - although rumor has it the 2019 first rounder wants to wear #9!!! LOL!!!

So if you have a old John Scott/Rob Ray, Marc Andre Gragnani or a Drew Stafford jersey laying in the closest - collecting dust - get it washed and after a nameplate change, you have a current Sabres jersey! LOL!

(Also I know he wasn't part of the trade but former Blue - Carter Hutton wore #40 there and thats free to wear on the Sabres as Robin Lehner is no longer on the team. So all you who got stuck with a Lehner jersey and like to wear a jersey of a Sabres goalie - its only a $32 nameplate change at the Sabres Store away from continuing that tradition. If I had a Lehner, I would change the nameplate to Hutton. I seemed to always have a jersey of a goalie - I have a Barrasso-a Biron and 3 Miller jerseys. Wouldn't mind getting a Ullmark or Hutton jersey in the near future.)

Not interested in getting a Thompson-Sobokta-Berglund jersey so if I had a Ray-Scott-Stafford-Gragnani jersey - they would be safe from a nameplate change. (If I had a backup #32 - I would think of a nameplate change to Thompson.)

#21 is already spoken for (Okposo). Unless I missed something big?

Reactions: LaxSabre

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
#21 is already spoken for (Okposo). Unless I missed something big?

No you didn't miss anything big. Just yours truly having one of those moments! Forgot Okposo wears #21 so Berglund would have to get a new number. (Maybe flip-flop the numbers and he wears #12?) I edited my post to correct that mistake - was in the process of doing so when you quoted me - sigh.

Last edited:

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
If my research is correct, 10, 15, 17, 24, and 25 are the only available numbers between 10-29 if they want a number in that range.

Hutton (40) and Sheary (43) should be OK.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
No. However two of the three can wear their number they wore as a member of the St. Louis Blues as two numbers are available on the Sabres. Tate Thompson - #32 - Vladimir Sobokta - #17. Patrik Berglund can't wear #21 as Kyle Okposo wears that number. As for the draft picks - there is a rumor going around that the 2019 first rounder wants to wear #9!!! LOL!!!

So if you have a old John Scott/Rob Ray or Marc Andre Gragnani jersey laying in the closet - collecting dust - get it washed and after a nameplate change, you have a current Sabres jersey! LOL!

Not interested in getting a Thompson-Sobokta jersey so if I had a Ray-Scott-Gragnani jersey - they would be safe from a nameplate change. (If I had a backup #32 - I would think of a nameplate change to Thompson.)
Sobotka actually wore number 71 in St. Louis most recently, which E-Rod has, but I bet you're right about him grabbing 17.

He had 17 before going to Russia but I believe Jaden Schwartz happened while he was there?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Thompson wore #29 at UConn and in San Antonio last season.

People may want to wait a year to get a TNT jersey.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
"...And up there, Ryan, St. Louis' new Tim Horton's franchisee is putting in the 'Blue Notes Lounge'. By placing it above the entrance-level-concourse, we'll eliminate any chances of vehicular collisions."
Blue Notes? Do they play any other type of music..you know with a bit more emotion?
Oh that's just a name to fit the theme they really play both kinds of music: country and western.
Great...just great.

Genny Screamer

Jul 11, 2017
Buffalo, NY

Hey Ryan, do you see those banners? Yeah, there aren't that many. You should feel at home since we haven't been to the Stanley Cup finals since 1970.

scottrade-center.jpg

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
as a matter of posterity, since he is a former sabre now, I am now declaring my hatred for ror, regardless of what I think of him as a human being

ror can go to hell! I hope the blues don't even sniff the playoffs this year and he loses his love of the game before the all-star break

Reactions: HaNotsri

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
as a matter of posterity, since he is a former sabre now, I am now declaring my hatred for ror, regardless of what I think of him as a human being

ror can go to hell! I hope the blues don't even sniff the playoffs this year and he loses his love of the game before the all-star break

You do you.

I didn’t feel like that when LaFontaine was traded. I didn’t feel like that when Hasek was traded. I didn’t feel that way when Ray was traded. I didn’t feel that way when Drury and Briere didn’t return. I didn’t feel that way when Barrasso was traded. I didn’t wish any of them ill will, injury, death, dismemberment, or a bad dinner before a game. Same goes for O’Reilly. But the butt hurt (and other choice words) is strong with a few on here. Sad and Funny. All at the same time. I just find that mindset immature I guess.

And i’ll do me. :thumbu:

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
You do you.

I didn’t feel like that when LaFontaine was traded. I didn’t feel like that when Hasek was traded. I didn’t feel that way when Ray was traded. I didn’t feel that way when Drury and Briere didn’t return. I didn’t feel that way when Barrasso was traded. I didn’t wish any of them ill will, injury, death, dismemberment, or a bad dinner before a game. Same goes for O’Reilly. But the butt hurt (and other choice words) is strong with a few on here. Sad and Funny. All at the same time. I just find that mindset immature I guess.

And i’ll do me. :thumbu:
it's a friendly hatred, no need to get judgemental

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I hope RoR has more success in STL than Miller did. Having watched those playoffs I can't figure out why they coached him to play soooo deep in the crease. That wasn't his game at all.

1TuchAnd1NoTuch

Jul 26, 2011
Buffalo
Random thought. How does this trade match up to the Vanek return from the Islanders?
At the time, the Vanek trade was huge. Moulson was a legit top 6 wing and that first was looking like it would be top ten. We will see but at the time of the trade that return was big.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce