Value of: Ryan O'Reilly to the Winnipeg Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

DictatorTots427

Apr 8, 2018
We obviously thought O'Reilly was worth more than we gave up. Hence why we made the trade. He has exceeded our expectations. So why do we trade him back for a similar package now?

Several people have offered this "same package" BS. I have asked this question multiple times. I have yet to get an answer.

If you don't think that's fair value then I understand that. But if ROR requests a trade (which as you stated would be the only reason for STL to give him up) then this should be the type of package you're expecting.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
The Sabres just had to have Sobotka and the Big Swede.

Let's not forget that da Blues paid a multi-million $ bonus that the Sabres didn't want to pay. No one else in the league was willing either. Da Blues would want that money back also.

Sorry but not happening in the blue light special sale.

Montreal was, they just didn't want to trade the 3rd OA.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
That money is pocket change to Terry Pegula.

And yet he wouldn't pay the bonus which would have significantly upped ROR's value for non-cap teams.

Pegula will spend to the cap but he's probably sick of spending money on no tangible ROI. Ehrhoff, Leino, all his more money/less cap hit signings have been disastrous.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
If you don't think that's fair value then I understand that. But if ROR requests a trade (which as you stated would be the only reason for STL to give him up) then this should be the type of package you're expecting.

If this type of package is the going rate, then I would imagine there would also be similar packages coming from outside of the division. Winnipeg doesn't get him for the normal going rate. It's way too early for us to even contemplate trading ROR. He's been on the team for 30 games...

Reactions: DictatorTots427

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
And yet he wouldn't pay the bonus which would have significantly upped ROR's value for non-cap teams.

Pegula will spend to the cap but he's probably sick of spending money on no tangible ROI. Ehrhoff, Leino, all his more money/less cap hit signings have been disastrous.

What you don’t get is O’Reilly being traded had nothing to do about money.

Nothing.

He was being dealt, regardless. The bonus may have dictated when but that was about it.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Ok so there's nothing meaningful being discussed here at this point that actually involves the OP, can we shut this down?

Reactions: Filthy Dangles
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad