Value of: Ryan O'Reilly to the Winnipeg Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Haha...the Blues could pick any three players off of their roster and that still wouldn't get you Scheifele. He is about as untouchable as a player can get in the league.

He probably is untouchable, however what Winnipeg and Toronto fans need to realize and come to grip is that in order to win a cup and utilize the current time your team is of the upper echelon, in order to win and keep certain players while paying them and using the cap to the ceiling your going to have to give up players in order to get certain players that bring what you need.

The blue print to winning during a cap era has been shown by the hawks and LA and you could even add PITTSBURGH , and the results from winning that many cups in a short period you will become depleted and fall to the bottom at the end.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
He probably is untouchable, however what Winnipeg and Toronto fans need to realize and come to grip is that in order to win a cup and utilize the current time your team is of the upper echelon, in order to win and keep certain players while paying them and using the cap to the ceiling your going to have to give up players in order to get certain players that bring what you need.

The blue print to winning during a cap era has been shown by the hawks and LA and you could even add PITTSBURGH , and the results from winning that many cups in a short period you will become depleted and fall to the bottom at the end.

Yeah and Scheifele is a huge part of this team trying to win the cup. Trading him now doesn’t get them any closer to achieving their goal.

Stej

Jul 28, 2006
The Kirk
Something like that would probably work, although that's a steep price

Something like that would probably work???

There is no way in hell the upgrade from Little to ROR is worth Roslovic, Niku, 1st, and 2nd.

Little is not dog shit like he’s being valued here. He’s a slightly lesser version of ROR. There’s no way the gap is a soon-to-be 2C, a stud D prospect, a 1st, and a 2nd.
Just, wow.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Why would the Blues do a favor like this for the Jets?

You build around ROR. You don’t trade him.

And a trade to a central team to boot?

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Yeah and Scheifele is a huge part of this team trying to win the cup. Trading him now doesn’t get them any closer to achieving their goal.

He is a great player . However teams move out great players sometimes because they feel that player maybe great during the regular season , but goes M.I.A come playoff time .

Remember Washington fans and management started to question ovechkin, he would year after year put up monster numbers but come playoff time he could lead that team to win a cup, sure he finally did last year.

San Jose you had big Joe and Marleu both were great players neither could lead those San Jose teams to the ultimate prize .

So IMO regular season accomplishments mean nothing unless that player can year after year lead in the playoffs .

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
He is a great player . However teams move out great players sometimes because they feel that player maybe great during the regular season , but goes M.I.A come playoff time .

Remember Washington fans and management started to question ovechkin, he would year after year put up monster numbers but come playoff time he could lead that team to win a cup, sure he finally did last year.

San Jose you had big Joe and Marleu both were great players neither could lead those San Jose teams to the ultimate prize .

So IMO regular season accomplishments mean nothing unless that player can year after year lead in the playoffs .
What is the point of this post? That we should be open to doing something stupid for the f*** of it?

DeBrincat for Perreault, then.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
What is the point of this post? That we should be open to doing something stupid for the **** of it?

DeBrincat for Perreault, then.

The point of the post was obvious, I'm sorry your unable to comprehend the whole point.

Good and great players get moved all the time for many reasons, chemistry , salary, and then the obvious unable to perform in the playoffs when it matters most.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
The point of the post was obvious, I'm sorry your unable to comprehend the whole point.

Good and great players get moved all the time for many reasons, chemistry , salary, and then the obvious unable to perform in the playoffs when it matters most.
Surely you cannot believe the shit you're chatting?

Chemistry: Scheifele-Wheeler is a thing. Kinda working well.
Salary: 6.125 AAV. Seen as one of the best contracts in the league by many.
Playoff performance: PPG in 21 games.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Something like that would probably work???

There is no way in hell the upgrade from Little to ROR is worth Roslovic, Niku, 1st, and 2nd.

Little is not dog **** like he’s being valued here. He’s a slightly lesser version of ROR. There’s no way the gap is a soon-to-be 2C, a stud D prospect, a 1st, and a 2nd.
Just, wow.
I wouldn't even consider Roslovic, Niku, 1st and 2nd either for ROR

Reactions: Snowman

Troy

Nov 28, 2017
You’re nuts.
Why is nuts. Jets won't have to give as much for Schenn. Whereas O'Reilly contract wont fit in on Jets payroll. They still have Conner, Laine, Trouba to sign. I wasnt referring to player ability. At least explain why im "nuts".

Last edited by a moderator:

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba

I fully agree with you. But giving up on our first ever draft pick, future captain, and one of the top centres in the league on one of the best contracts is not what we need to do to keep our window open

Reactions: Pongs21

cneely

Jan 6, 2005

Scheifele had 14 goals and 20 points in 17 playoff games last year.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Colorado moves him... they improve.
Buffalo moves him.... they instantly improve.

Maybe there is a theme?

Honestly there might be something to this... and based on his contract negotiations...

On the ice he looks very good but there is something about how every team he plays on has issues and then when he leave they immediately turn it around.

Could all be coincidence but you never know.

thegoalie39

Nov 28, 2018
Jets do not have cap space going forward for ROR much more likely the Jets go after someone like Eric Staal last year of his contract.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Honestly there might be something to this... and based on his contract negotiations...

On the ice he looks very good but there is something about how every team he plays on has issues and then when he leave they immediately turn it around.

Could all be coincidence but you never know.
The Blues had big issues going back well into last year.

Explain to me how Colorado "immediately" turned it around when ROR left.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Jets do not have cap space going forward for ROR much more likely the Jets go after someone like Eric Staal last year of his contract.
However one feels about their chances to make the playoffs this year, the Wild will probably at least be pushing for a spot at the deadline. It's just what they do. The likelihood of Fenton selling Staal while there's any hope left seems pretty low.

I'm not sure who else is out there for rental centers this year.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
So O'Reilly to Winnipeg for Little, Roslovic, Niku, 1st and 2nd then?

That's close to what the Blues gave up.

That's a much better package than what STL gave up. Here's what an equivalent package from WPG would look like based on what the Blues originally gave up. Now obviously that's not to say that ROR's value is actually that, he'd probably get a better return close to the one you posted....

1st, 2nd, Applteton, Perrault, Kulikov

Sobotka and Berglund were negative value cap dumps like Perrault and Kuly. Thompson is closer to Appleton level prospect than Niku.

I don’t think those works for the jets.
I am sure the jets aren’t interested in moving the assists required to get him. For the minimal upgrade that it would be.
Let alone the cap issues the jets are about to face going into the off season

It's not a minimal upgrade, idk why some Jet fans keep saying this. I might agree that is might not be worth what you'd have to give up but slotting in RoR over Bryan Little as your 2nd line center is one of those moves that could put you over the top or keep you from reaching the summit of Lord Stanley.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Disregarding the cap thing which I might agree with.....I feel like this is a pretty big understatement. Bryan Little is a solid middle-6 center, while most consider ROR a bonafide #1 perhaps even elite center. Upgrading from him to ROR is one of those things that could perhaps put you over the top.
Elite? Maybe get a thesaurus.

O’Reilly is the type of Centre where if he’s your #1 you are in trouble. If he’s your #2, you’re doing fantastic.

Reactions: Babooch

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Why is nuts. Jets won't have to give as much for Schenn. Whereas O'Reilly contract wont fit in on Jets payroll. They still have Conner, Laine, Trouba to sign. I wasnt referring to player ability. At least explain why im "nuts".

How was I to know that you weren't referring to player ability? You said "I prefer Schenn to ROR".

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
That's a much better package than what STL gave up. Here's what an equivalent package from WPG would look like based on what the Blues originally gave up. Now obviously that's not to say that ROR's value is actually that, he'd probably get a better return close to the one you posted....

1st, 2nd, Applteton, Perrault, Kulikov

Sobotka and Berglund were negative value cap dumps like Perrault and Kuly. Thompson is closer to Appleton level prospect than Niku.

It's not a minimal upgrade, idk why some Jet fans keep saying this. I might agree that is might not be worth what you'd have to give up but slotting in RoR over Bryan Little as your 2nd line center is one of those moves that could put you over the top or keep you from reaching the summit of Lord Stanley.
No way Kulikov or Perreault have negative value with the way they've been playing lately. Kulikov in particular looks to be back to pre-injury form

Reactions: Snowman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad