Value of: Ryan O'Reilly to the Winnipeg Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Yes, I know STL just traded for him only a few months ago...But there have been rumblings STL is looking to perhaps scorch earth rebuild and everyone not named Tarasenko could perhaps be had.

Player wise, I think he'd be a perfect fit. He's not a rental which Jet fans do not like and he gives them anther legit top6 center for 5 years in which Winnipegs window should be open for.

STL did not give up a lot to get him. What do you think WPG would have to give up to a division rival to get him if he was available in a trade?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
why would we trade literally the only good thing about the team?

Ottawa traded Karlsson, Rangers traded McDonagh within the last year...idk it's not that uncommon to trade your best player.

Speculation that they are looking to blow it up. I guess RoR could be apart of the rebuild or they could try and get as much future value back for him as well...

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Ottawa traded Karlsson, Rangers traded McDonagh within the last year...idk it's not that uncommon to trade your best player.

Speculation that they are looking to blow it up. I guess RoR could be apart of the rebuild or they could try and get as much future value back for him as well...
ok. It would take 1st+unexciting prospect you don't care about that much + generic 3rd line role player "for cap reasons"

i assume that's what your looking for

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
How did Colorado instantly improve? The year after they traded ROR they finished 21st in the league. The year after that they finished 30th.

I didn't say Colorado improved instantly, I said Buffalo did....

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Why would the Blues trade their best player who is signed for 4 more years and is in his prime? The Blues want to get better, not worse

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
As an Islanders fan who views #2c as a huge need I would trade Wahlstrom or a top 10 protected 1st + Nelson and Eberle(both UFAs who you can turn around and trade at the deadline)

It should also be added we really need a guy who is good at faceoffs so O'Reilly is even more of a need in that regard as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Why would the Blues trade their best player who is signed for 4 more years and is in his prime? The Blues want to get better, not worse

Why would the Sabres trade their (2nd) best player who is signed for 5 more years and is in his prime? The Sabres want to get better, not worse

Reactions: Eichel9

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Cap wise can’t afford him, while being an upgrade over Little he doesn’t fill any big need......Little has been good at 2C.

Disregarding the cap thing which I might agree with.....I feel like this is a pretty big understatement. Bryan Little is a solid middle-6 center, while most consider ROR a bonafide #1 perhaps even elite center. Upgrading from him to ROR is one of those things that could perhaps put you over the top.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
There are no rumblings about the Blues blowing it up, that's just fans foaming at the mouth.

The notion that Buffalo got better because they traded Orielly is asinine. There's a whole lot of reasons they got better, getting ride of a ppg centerman is NOT one of them

blues hillbilly

Nov 28, 2018
Why would the Sabres trade their best player who is signed for 5 more years and is in his prime? The Sabres want to get better, not worse
The Sabres just had to have Sobotka and the Big Swede.

Let's not forget that da Blues paid a multi-million $ bonus that the Sabres didn't want to pay. No one else in the league was willing either. Da Blues would want that money back also.

Sorry but not happening in the blue light special sale.

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
I didn't say Colorado improved instantly, I said Buffalo did....
I’m curious how long after a player is traded you can say his trade had something to do with the team improving? One season? Two seasons? Three seasons?

I also wonder if you honestly think that ROR, with 31 points this year, would not make the Sabres even better as a second center, when their center not named Eichel have 30 points combined. They’d be better just from having his 60% faceoff percentage helping their 48%. 273 faceoff wins would be tops and would be more than combining the third and forth highest on the Sabres.

Looking through various Blues trade threads I can’t help but wonder why you have a grudge against the Blues even though you don’t actually watch them play.

Reactions: Blueston
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->