Proposal: Ryan O'Reilly to Montreal

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Thread.Night.Go poach some other team.

Not looking to poach anyone. Not interested in trading ROR for anything that doesn't immediately solve our top pair D hole. I don't know what's so hard to understand about not wanting to create a critical roster hole by trading ROR for a handful of futures that might be good some day.

ROR isn't gonna be a UFA... we aren't in danger of losing him. Teams don't trade 5 years of prime aged production from top talent.... for futures. That's just dumb.

Reactions: Jim Bob

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
who in the hell trades reiley for poehling straight up ?

lets you forget " trades are hard", but Ryan oreiley on this team is the best center immediately by an order of magnitude. And its not a stereotype, it's the game plan. there isnt another team in the league that would trade their best D prospect for an undersized onedimentional complimentary winger with the hopes of making him a center because of the language he speaks. none.

Yeah I should just take your word for it that people liked trading our only trade bait prospect for a player who addressed absolutely zero needs.

Or I can go with what really happened. I choose the latter.

If you can't stand your ridiculous assertions being challenged, you might want to reconsider this whole message board deal.

At least drouin speaks french, amirite?

oooooh pooor you. but forth bad ideas and lies and then take offense when people point it out.

You still havent answered if we keep poehling and dont get a real 1C, who mentors him ? Drouin ?
Danault ? Shawsie ?

or we take a young kid tell him hes our only hope and then watch the pressure of montreal grind him to dust.

and he doesnt speak french to save him either as far as I know. quelle domage !

but if he spoke french.............

so we roll for another 3 years with no 1C or 2C ? I can't imagine how that ends up, its a complete mystery. it could be anything ? it could even be a boat !

Multiple posts from you in this thread are obvious attempts at seeking some kind of retribution against the way the Habs are managed. I'm a Habs fan, I don't like the way they are run either. However, not everything they do has a language component behind it. If it does in respect of player procurement, then they are a lesser team for it and belong right where they are now. I'm not so sure you can keep harping on Drouin as proof of this type of symptom.

To me, it's more a matter of incompetent management. They've created a hole on first pairing LHD by trading their only blue chip prospect in exchange for a forward who is not a center, but who they've desperately and illogically tried to play at center, which predictably, has been a total failure -- and has left them with two glaring holes in their lineup. It has nothing to do with the language Drouin speaks. It has everything to do with a management contingent that has completely derailed and is ripe for the picking this summer.

Look at all the management moves made in the last year. King, Martinsen, Ott, Benn, using an expansion draft slot on Benn, Schlemko, Alzner (lol), Streit, Hemsky, under-evaluating Andrighetto, playing hardball with Markov and Radulov, ending up with a ton cap space to start the season and never using it, gutting the whole left side of their D last summer and replacing it by worse alternatives and gifting a useless long term deal to Alzner, a defensive D with limited mobility and having a ton of mileage and who at best is a third pairing D. None of these decisions have anything remotely to do with language.

Drouin evidently will never be at his best playing a position that he's not suited for. The fact that he is a diminutive player is irrelevant when you see how many teams are doing well favoring fast but talented players. Size only matters if a player can skate. McCarron is a prime example and may never be better than a 4th liner.

If you want to pursue a language discussion, may I suggest the political forums or the Habs forum? If you feel strongly that language is such an overwhelming factor as it appears in 4 of your posts in this thread, what does it have to do with ROR? How about we get back to talking about ROR and leaving the language debate where it belongs?

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Sure let's give up Juulsen, not like we have a ton of dman lying around...

I mean, do we have a ton of top 6 C's lying around? I like Juulsen A LOT, but RD is one of our strongest positions and he might be expendable.

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
I'm in favor of staying the course and sucking for another year. Lots of good centers in next year's draft. Team is not going to get over top plugging in other team's expendables.

Reactions: Runner77

Anardil

Nov 25, 2012
West of Chalet BBQ
see, this is the problem....you are thinking exactly the same way MB thinks, which is why MB has not found a center in 6 years,

after a season where you finish in the bottom 5 of the league NOTHING should be "off the table"

you need to give up something, to get something....MB doesn't understand that concept...which is why he finds trades to be "difficult"

I disagree completely with the last part that you mentioned. He understands that part very well...He just doesn't know how to evaluate what he gets back. Just look at his last two major trades, (Subban & Sergachev.)

Reactions: jfhabs

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
I wouldn't trade for him IMO offer Tavares a big contract and get the number 1 center you need .

Anardil

Nov 25, 2012
West of Chalet BBQ
Are you really arguing that addressing a persistent need that has been there for more than 5 years, is a "quick fix"? Really?

In the last half decade our best center, by a mile, had been David Deharnais. Let that marinate for a bit.

If we think we have a future center in the pipe, expecting him to walk into the 1C position, cold, in. Montreal might formally make you a sadist.

Even if. Oreiley is a stop gap, it's. Better than taking center lessons from jonathan freaking drouin.

Please don't get offended. Please learn how to use punctuation. It will make understanding the point you are trying to make easier

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Please don't get offended. Please learn how to use punctuation. It will make understanding the point you are trying to make easier
Let me type slowly so that you understand.

No center, no success. Going on year 6. Like a guy with a car that has a flat pining to put a new stereo in.

Fix the important problems THEN worry about what might happen in three or 4 years.

That clear it up cheif? If you need a reference for internet punctuation Nazi, just ask. You're skills are impressive and to be frank, no one else really wants the job.

Anardil

Nov 25, 2012
West of Chalet BBQ
Way to be an adult. If you're (correct usage by the way) a native English speaker, I weep for you. I'll now go back to talking hockey with more mature people...Cheers!

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
And if tavares goes elsewhere, we roll with Danault?

If only someone smart could predict how that ends up.
I'd target JT , first priority , if he goes else where worry about it RoR is a very good ! number 2 C i don't think he's a legit number 1 can he fill the shoes sure . If you want an Elite 2C than go all in on him . Ryan nuget hopkins is someone i might look to go after if i was MTL i think him playing with drouin would making a really solid line

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Way to be an adult. If you're (correct usage by the way) a native English speaker, I weep for you. I'll now go back to talking hockey with more mature people...Cheers!
Well played! Nothing like padding your resume for a job no one wants.

You had the position, now you are just showing off.

Danger danger danger somewhere on the Internet some one posted a dangling participle! Mount up captain syntax! To the car typo boy!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad