Speculation: Ryan O'Reilly : The Return [no, not that kind of return :(]; Thread 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I donno about strome something tells me he's gonna bust.

IMO Strome's biggest issue is going to be getting enough ice time. Right now Nielsen is in the #2 spot. Nelson is closer to being ready, Lee (if he signs) is probably more ready. Strome will have to wait 2-3 more years before he gets a chance at top 6 ice time.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
5'9 or 6'6 the kid can play and play well. They would want to trade him because they think Ryan would be worth it. He is a little bit defensively weak but who cares? He's an offensive wizard, let someone else play defense. He'll be our Briere( he plays nothing like him) As I said before Ennis would be a great addition to the team. He's patrick Kanelite.

Ennis is very good around the net. I think Stastny and him would have great chemistry. I sure hope that isn't what we get for ROR though.

And about McNabb. I thought he was a decent defender in Kootney. I don't think he is anything special. I wouldn't want him as part of the package. Nothing to do with the Hishon incident.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
That is piece I would want back, but there is no point why Islanders would trade him. Well anything is possible with Snow as GM and Wang as owner, but they need defensemen like us.

This is a re-occurring theme, but Hamonic has some concussion history. He is a RH d-man, and is one of the NYI's top pair. He isn't going anywhere.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Ennis is skilled, but I don't see him being a difference maker. We all love the odd dangle and nice pass/shot, but in between those things there has to be substance to a hockey player. Weak in the faceoff circle and too weak to play as a center in the west. That leaves him as a pint sized winger.

Myers obviously is intriguing but he's almost regressed into being a project at this stage. I have no idea what's going on or what Buffalo at trying to turn him into and why it's not working.

Of course any trade involving a top prospect is always going to have an element of risk to it and ultimately I have full faith in our pro/amateur scouts.

Punished ROR

a hero denied by hortons
Jul 3, 2006
I highlighted to see if there was hidden text. There wasn't.

Do you think:

A) Hishon will be fine playing with McNabb
B) Hishon will never make it in the NHL
C) Hishon will be traded
D) Other

???

Porter didn't tip you off? It's a joke, my friend.

But, I guess after Brad May, anything is possible. ;)

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Seems the Sabres have too much invested in Myers at this point. I can't imagine them going for much more than RoR straight up. Not sure that's a risk the Avs can afford to take.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Disappointed the Jets aren't in these talks. I'll repeat the offer that was made on the other thread:

Burmistrov + Postma

Not sure how well that fills your needs

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Disappointed the Jets aren't in these talks. I'll repeat the offer that was made on the other thread:

Burmistrov + Postma

Not sure how well that fills your needs

Postma needs changed out. We don't need what he brings. Burmi + is a good start though.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Counter,

ROR+ for Bogosian?

Hoo boy, depends on the plus. Bogosian has #1 potential, but I guess ROR does as well. That would be a tough decision, but to get quality you need to give up quality. A lot of Jets fans have Bogosian as our franchise player for years to come.

Postma needs changed out. We don't need what he brings. Burmi + is a good start though.

I kind of figured that. Maybe we're not the best trading partners. We should see in a few weeks how Redmond/Postma pan out as well.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Ennis is skilled, but I don't see him being a difference maker. We all love the odd dangle and nice pass/shot, but in between those things there has to be substance to a hockey player. Weak in the faceoff circle and too weak to play as a center in the west. That leaves him as a pint sized.

What's wrong with a pint sized winger that can put up points with the best of them?

Counter,

ROR+ for Bogosian?

I'd rather have trouba plus burmi.

If its Buffalo, I'll call it

:sabres

Sekera
Armia
Adam

for

:avs

RoR
O'Brien/O'Byrne

Adam has been a big disappointment since he's hot start 2 years ago. Armia IMO is wolski 2.0. Leaving sekera, who I would have but in addition to Ennis.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Hoo boy, depends on the plus. Bogosian has #1 potential, but I guess ROR does as well. That would be a tough decision, but to get quality you need to give up quality. A lot of Jets fans have Bogosian as our franchise player for years to come.

I kind of figured that. Maybe we're not the best trading partners. We should see in a few weeks how Redmond/Postma pan out as well.

Hmmmmm, so he is close to untouchable? Some Avs fans would like the main piece coming back as a forward, but we need defense. How about Enstrom?

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Since some ideas have come up for trading for close friends of Duchene...

How about O'Reilly and Stastny for Crosby? :sarcasm:

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Isn't it comical that every defenseman that is talked about is RH'd. We NEED A LH D!!!!!!

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline
#CBJ have "kicked tires" on #Avs Ryan O'Reilly, as have many. Don't think #CBJ are a fit, though. Most think O'Reilly headed East if traded.

David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod
Teams like BUF & TOR are pushing hard for O'Reilly, but the price is high, as many have stated. Top-6 F, top prospect as part of package

Is David saying we would want a top 6 forward? I'd prefer a Top 4 d-man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad