Speculation: Ryan O'Reilly : The Return [no, not that kind of return :(]; Thread 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Based on what? His one minor concussion where his missed no time? Or the fact that he's been almost a PPG player for a year now?

I think the opposite. Sounds like a lot of teams are in on this, and teams will kill to get a player like ROR in their lineup. I think the Avs will do just fine on the return.

If we are getting multiple pieces back, that means we are giving up the best player in the deal. I thin historically, you never win those trades. As I said before, we should add to ROR and make sure WE get the best player in the deal. The only thing I have been encouraged about in this trading ordeal is that I haven't heard about draft picks. We need a proven entity, not a lottery ticket for ROR.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Based on what? His one minor concussion where his missed no time? Or the fact that he's been almost a PPG player for a year now?

I think the opposite. Sounds like a lot of teams are in on this, and teams will kill to get a player like ROR in their lineup. I think the Avs will do just fine on the return.

Just based on the fact that he's 5'9" and 146lbs. I realize he's been producing well but ask yourself this, 'why would Sabre fans even be willing to give him up' if he's been producing and playing as well as it seems?

My guess is (and it IS a guess since I haven't seen him play in a while) that he's a little bit like Mike Ribeiro. He's a very, very strong offensive player but defensively, he leaves a lot to be desired. That's just my hunch. I will check out the next few Sabre games though 'cuz I want to get some looks at Myers, Sekera and Hodgson as well.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
I highlighted to see if there was hidden text. There wasn't.

Do you think:

A) Hishon will be fine playing with McNabb
B) Hishon will never make it in the NHL
C) Hishon will be traded
D) Other

???

I don't think he will ever make it to the NHL.

TheFactor

Johnny Malkin
Mar 25, 2011
Calgary
i want a Dman coming back. I want the freakin moon for ROR. I dont want to trade ROR im still holding out hope he signs and stays woth us

Screw him I'd don't want him or his hippy father near this team. Their selfishness is contagious and is going to rub off on the rest of the guys. He can go to hell.

Crisp Breakout

Jan 3, 2011
Chicago
Just based on the fact that he's 5'9" and 146lbs. I realize he's been producing well but ask yourself this, 'why would Sabre fans even be willing to give him up' if he's been producing and playing as well as it seems?

My guess is (and it IS a guess since I haven't seen him play in a while) that he's a little bit like Mike Ribeiro. He's a very, very strong offensive player but defensively, he leaves a lot to be desired. That's just my hunch. I will check out the next few Sabre games though 'cuz I want to get some looks at Myers, Sekera and Hodgson as well.

Myers is a good pick up if you're willing to be patient, as in a few years. And frankly, I don't see the need for him. I'd rather see Johnson pick up more minutes. If the other two are main components of a deal for ROR I will be visibly upset.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
If we are getting multiple pieces back, that means we are giving up the best player in the deal. I thin historically, you never win those trades. As I said before, we should add to ROR and make sure WE get the best player in the deal. The only thing I have been encouraged about in this trading ordeal is that I haven't heard about draft picks. We need a proven entity, not a lottery ticket for ROR.

Jarome Iginla says "hey dude.

1995/12/19 Calgary Flames traded Joe Nieuwendyk to the Dallas Stars for Corey Millen and Jarome Iginla.

The Avs are in essentially the same position with RoR...they just need to make sure they don't mess this up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pete Mitchell

"Watch the canopy!!"
Mar 26, 2008
Frederick, CO
Assuming Langy is coming back at some point this season, I don't understand asking for a top 6 player, this team has a huge hole on D and needs a top pairing/top 4 D-Man. Maybe ther're looking to move Jones for one, opening a spot in the top 6. I would much rather get a top 4 D-Man and foward prospect than a top 6 foward and D prospect.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
It would have to be Nielsen + Nino ( or maybe Strome) . The Isles won't trade Reinhart imo

Nielsen + Strome would be a really good trade for the Avs. That is an elite #3C on a very good deal (who can play as a #2 in a pinch) and a prospect who should develop into a #2C in a few years. That trade could easily be a huge steal for the Avs, which is why I don't see NYI doing it.

TheFactor

Johnny Malkin
Mar 25, 2011
Calgary
Assuming Langy is coming back at some point this season, I don't understand asking for a top 6 player, this team has a huge hole on D and needs a top pairing/top 4 D-Man. Maybe ther're looking to move Jones for one, opening a spot in the top 6. I would much rather get a top 4 D-Man and foward prospect than a top 6 foward and D prospect.

Yeah true I agree. If only we can get Mcdonagh from the rangers....

TheFactor

Johnny Malkin
Mar 25, 2011
Calgary
Nielsen + Strome would be a really good trade for the Avs. That is an elite #3C on a very good deal (who can play as a #2 in a pinch) and a prospect who should develop into a #2C in a few years. That trade could easily be a huge steal for the Avs, which is why I don't see NYI doing it.

I donno about strome something tells me he's gonna bust.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

5'9 or 6'6 the kid can play and play well. They would want to trade him because they think Ryan would be worth it. He is a little bit defensively weak but who cares? He's an offensive wizard, let someone else play defense. He'll be our Briere( he plays nothing like him) As I said before Ennis would be a great addition to the team. He's patrick Kanelite.

Crisp Breakout

Jan 3, 2011
Chicago

I want a defenseman only if it is a top pairing LHD who is under 26. Probably not going to get that. I'm still convinced Barrie will be a top-4 guy by the end of the season. If he's playing at that level and is obviously a puck mover, then Hejda will do just fine as his partner. Wilson goes with EJ until we get that top-2 guy.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Even without O'Reilly, I am more concerned with our D than I am with our Offense.

IMHO, there has to be a stud defender in the deal for us.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Jarome Iginla says "hey dude, WTF?".

1995/12/19 Calgary Flames traded Joe Nieuwendyk to the Dallas Stars for Corey Millen and Jarome Iginla.

The Avs are in essentially the same position with RoR...they just need to make sure they don't mess this up.

Not to mention the Lindros deal or Gomez?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
What about Grabner and Brock Nelson from the Islanders?

I would be tempted, but want a bit more... maybe add Donovan for NYI and the Avs add a 3rd/4th rounder. Nelson could be a solid #2C, but with his size and defensive skills should at minimum be a #3. Grabner would be awesome on the PK next to Duchene, and in the top 6.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Jarome Iginla says "hey dude".

Ok. So maybe not "never" but most of the time. I don't know. As I have said before, you can draft for 15 years and never get a player as smart as ROR. This is just a huge risk. I don't like it. I would take ROR's heart and hockey IQ over quite a bit of other hockey players.

I don't know if Sherman has large cagones, or if he just doesn't realize how close to the edge of the cliff he is driving this bus.

Last edited by a moderator:

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Not to mention the Lindros deal or Gomez?

There is nobody on the planet that heard the Gomez deal and thought, "Wow, the Canadien's got the best payer in that deal." They thought WTF is Gainey doing?

Lindros is a different animal all together. Can't compare those 2.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Ok. So maybe not "never" nut most of the time. I don't know. As I have said before, you can draft for 15 years and never get a player as smart as ROR. This is just a huge risk. I don't like it. I would take ROR's heart and hockey IQ over quite a bit of other hockey players.

I don't know if Sherman has large cagones, or if he just doesn't realize how close to the edge of the cliff he is driving this bus.

High Risk, High Reward. That's how Shermy rolls, brah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad