Ryan O'Reilly hatty and 19th point on the year

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
The Oilers could use him right now. I would've done Puljujarvi + Strome + Russell + cond 1st + 2nd.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
You're joking right? He's a better example than Eichel ever was for the 3 years they were together. They didn't even get a good return for him either. You would think they could've gotten Pesce or Hanifin from the Canes.
Nope, we've had a few select Buffalo fans keep the narrative going. Deffinently not a dominant line of thinking from what I've read on here.

O'Reilly isnt going to score over 100pts but I'd bet he's north of 70pts while being a stud in all 3 zone and capable of carrying a line. He spoke the truth in Buffalo and was shipped out for it and their media spun it into some bizzare win of a trade....5 pieces!!!!!! Ya...this 1 piece would be leading their team in scoring. Blues may suck, but O'Reilly is carrying 2x his weight

frivolousz21

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS ST LOUIS BLUES
May 17, 2007
St. Louis, Mo
The fact that we have him locked up for four more seasons after this year it's just amazing we traded basically nothing for a STAR Center and it's bad as a Blues have started out Ryan O'Reilly is the kind of player we need to finally get over that hump in the playoffs

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I never liked the trade. I actually enjoyed his candid comments after the season ended. Like if I went to the rink, and it was a 95% chance my team was gonna lose, it would be hard to find the motivation too. I'd still try, but as someone who played for a team that was all but guaranteed to lose, it's hard and gets on you when you're a competitive person.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
He's been the best and most consistent player on the entire roster.

What's funny are threads on the team boards where the Sabres fans claim their team "won the trade".
Bro....didnt you see Thompson's sick toe drags....

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Happy for ROR, I'll always have a soft spot for him. I wish he was doing it for a team out east though.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
One of my favourite players. Glad he’s doing well.

People wondering about why ROR was traded for cap dumps - my guess is that ownership forced the trade. Botterill has basically just made careful and good moves during his tenure, except the completely abysmal ROR deal. The trade doesn’t make any sense otherwize.

hey we won a cup
Feb 16, 2017
St. Louis
The guy truly never gives up and gives it his all every shift. It's a rarity to see here in STL and I appreciate every second of it, thanks Buffalo.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Embarrassing trade for Botterill. Absolutely absurd to believe he couldn't get more for ROR. He drew a hard line with Bergevin, demanded the 3rd pick overall + , then he turns around and takes 2 cap dumps, a B prospect and a lottery protected 1st. :(

I know you’re Probably the most up and down poster I’ve seen in the 15 years I’ve been here but JB has done a lot of things right, it’s been four weeks. B prospect? Thompson was regarded a high prospect for a long time a minus at the very least. He has skill just hasn’t put it together. Berglund can be effective but more as a third or fourth line guy, if Mittlestadt was more ready this wouldn’t be an issue. We kept losing with ROR and something needed to change. Maybe the culture in the room of a guy who came out publically saying he didn’t wanna be here anymore and hated it pretty much. I know I’d love that guy in my room if I’m a young team!!! Perfect attitude. Eichel has matured with Pominville helping him out and I’m sure what’s not being Shown in the stats is how getting rid of negativity can help things along. Every single person has said the room had a better vibe now and that was before they won games. Even in the losses as pointed out the effort appears much better then last season.

Ror is fantastic but honestly there’s more to a trade then just player for players, we got five pieces here. We don’t even know who the picks are several top players have been selected with what we were given. Its okay to be upset with the trade but he never got a hat trick here or was on this kind of pace, he’s getting top minutes on a line with trarsenko, we have absolutely none and still hAve absolutely no proof he would be playing like this on buffalo if he were still here.

Good for him though he’s still obviously a solid player. Blues fans acting like they’ve won the cup after getting their fifth win like 15 games is cute though.

Last edited:

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Maybe it wasn't a character flaw after all? The guy has always been one of the hardest working players on the ice, wasn't he? Maybe he just doesn't tolerate incompetence, complacency and a losing culture? We sure could use him on the Habs right now.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Maybe it wasn't a character flaw after all? The guy has always been one of the hardest working players on the ice, wasn't he? Maybe he just doesn't tolerate incompetence, complacency and a losing culture? We sure could use him on the Habs right now.

For a guy who doesent tolerate a losing culture he’s sure done a whole heck of a lot of losing in the NHL on three different teams and counting. He hasn’t been the reason St. Louis has lost, he’s actually looked like their best player but saying that about ROR is like saying Dan Cloutier doesent tolerate letting in bad goals.

You're joking right? He's a better example than Eichel ever was for the 3 years they were together. They didn't even get a good return for him either. You would think they could've gotten Pesce or Hanifin from the Canes.

Better then Eichel? You mean the guy ROR couldn’t outscore even if he missed a quarter of the year in each of the past two seasons. The guy who has took accountability and is an excellent Leader right now and since he took the C has gotten Buffalo off to their best start in 7 years. Even in the last three losses buffalo has outworked and out shot the opposition over 2:1 including leading the flames with a shutout going until the final minute. Buffalo has been better then their record indicates.

Don’t even talk trash if you don’t know the player you’re talking about. Eichels fourth in offensive zone possession and sixth in shots. He’s got 17 in 15 and 138 in his last 142. ROR has two more points but won’t finish with more points. Eichels had goals called off and like ten empty net tap ins fanned on as well as three posts from reinhart alone when setting him up. Every star gets their share of misses but the amount of misses Eichels linemates produce is absolutely ridiculous. Also check out Eichels defensive numbers and how they have drastically improved since becoming captain. At a way younger age then ROR. But yeah a guy who comes out and says he doesent love getting paid millions of dollars for playing hockey is a better example. Give it a rest. Plus you have no idea who the draft picks are going to be so don’t assume you know the whole freak especially four weeks into the season after a hot start. People have no patience these days NONE.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hasek

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad