Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
Here you go btw.
Rangers PGT:

Flyers PGT:

I am fully willing to give Nuge credit when he has a great game or makes a great play. The thing I think some people have difficult grasping is that I want RNH to succeed. I want him to be the superstar that he shows those rare glimpses of. Desperately I do. I would ****ing love it if Nuge became a 80 point player and I looked like a complete idiot.

But I'm pretty tired of it being sacrilege to say a bad word against the player when he just isn't the player that this team needs him to be.
So what is it he going to be a star or a 55 point player because you seen to make sure you post on him when he is at a 57 point pace to me that is someone trying to say look at me I told you so . Like I said you pick your spots moving on. Stay calm hate on.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I have no problems with players being called out when they play like ****. I just see certain posters having campaigns of hate against certain players and they make it their task to attack them at every chance they get deserved or not. Very immature imo.

Whats immature is that some poster believe these players are better then they are. Some of us try and bring expectations closer to reality and are vilified for it. RNH Could be a 80 points center down the road, I don't think anyone is saying he won't be for sure. But Spawn is saying that unless RNH suddenly starts developing he's going to top out at what he is now, which isn't good enough for a 1st overall pick playing in his 4th year in the league.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
So what is it he going to be a star or a 55 point player because you seen to make sure you post on him when he is at a 57 point pace to me that is someone trying to say look at me I told you so . Like I said you pick your spots moving on. Stay calm hate on.

He could be a star if he played like that on a nightly basis... which he hasn't done since his rookie year.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
Honestly it doesn't look like anyone from that draft class is really worthy of a #1 pick. I'm not saying he was the wrong pick. It just sucks that we got the first overall pick in such an underwhelming year.

As for Johansen... you know what. I probably did question him. But there is a difference between the two players here. One, Johansen didn't get nearly the opportunity playing with offensive players in offensive situations. Two, these players broke into the league at the same time. Johansen put up 33 goals last year and 63 points. He's got 23 points in 19 games this year. Nuge isn't even close.

And we're not talking about a player after his first couple of years. We're talking about a player in his 4th season.
And there careers to date Nuge is a .73 ppg player career Johansen a .57 ppg not even close. Anyways we will talk again when you bump this thread again when Nuge is close to a 57 point pace.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
And there careers to dater Nuge is a .73 ppg player career Johansen a .57 ppg not even close. Anyways we will talk again when you bump this thread again when Nuge is close to a 57 point pace.

Who the hell cares about career ppg? And who the hell cares about Ryan Johansen?

This is about RNH no?

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
Whats immature is that some poster believe these players are better then they are. Some of us try and bring expectations closer to reality and are vilified for it. RNH Could be a 80 points center down the road, I don't think anyone is saying he won't be for sure. But Spawn is saying that unless RNH suddenly starts developing he's going to top out at what he is now, which isn't good enough for a 1st overall pick playing in his 4th year in the league.
No Spawn laid this out as fact here let me recap and then he bumps this tonight :help:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=91072419&postcount=42 No he says it as fact. Not that he can be a star. And what a coincidence he bumps this tonight while busy with his caculator and Nuge agenda.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Feel free to post his 70 point pace he was at last week . His pace did not seem important to you then :nod: Keep that caculator on standby.

Lol whatever. All RNH has ever done is prove me right. As I said... if he proves me wrong, I'll own up to it. I imagine in a years time when RNH is yet again a 55 point player, the masses will still be here telling me that players don't peak at 20 whatever years old.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
Lol whatever. All RNH has ever done is prove me right. As I said... if he proves me wrong, I'll own up to it. I imagine in a years time when RNH is yet again a 55 point player, the masses will still be here telling me that players don't peak at 20 whatever years old.
You made that post in October and all he has done is prove you right :amazed: when he has been at 57 pt pace one time this season
keep proving us all wrong .

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Sure whatever you want I'll take your bet. Like I care about an avatar.

Maybe RNH will get his 57 or 58 points this year and you can bump this thread up and trumpet how right you were only to completely miss the point that this player has been a massive disappointment since his rookie season.

In the past he had injury problems and being too small as an excuse. Well he's been healthy for over a year now and had an entire summer to train and put on weight.

Yet shockingly he isn't producing anymore. You can tell me he's better. I'll believe it when he proves it with some god damned points.

He is a better player this year whether you think so or not. Tonight he looked like he didn't give a crap out there and for the first time this season looked like the RNH from last season. That said I will still take the bet, 1 month avatar bet, you get an avatar of my choice if he scores 55 points or less and I give you an avatar of my choice if he scores more than 55 points.

Billy Barou

Mar 4, 2011
RNH has been the best player on this team by far. He's dominated games in a way he never did before. He's faster, stronger and shooting like he has a repaired shoulder. Now that the entire team is looking lethargic and out of sync it's because of RNH? Very disingenuous. RNH is exactly the type of player this team needs. Incredible awareness, defensively responsible and talented in the offensive zone. The best thing is he's improving each year.

All the Hall is a beast chatter has got to be restrained. I've been to half a dozen games this year and Hall has made a boneheaded play every time. I've seen a terrible turnover at the offensive blue line each night. He was responsible for the first goal against NJ and he was again tonight with that absolutely stupid pinch when his JOB was covering the point. I'm not blaming the losses on Hall but we've seen no accountability from this coach. No sense to even start in on Schultz because his screw ups have been even more evident.

I do love this core but they are so far behind RNH in terms of on and off ice maturity. Watching Oil Change you see Hall and Eberle joking around about how they eat Kraft Dinner and life's just NHL15 and and living the dream. What does RNH do at the same age? Hires a nutritionist, works his ass off and puts on muscle which has been very evident in Nuge's board battles this year. The kid is a professional. He knows what it takes to win, a 200' battle. He brings it each and every night. You can't always play your best game but even then he isn't a defensive liability.

We're frustrated and need someone to blame. Everyone knows who is at fault but unfortunately we all know nothing will change. It's insanity.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
That said I will still take the bet, 1 month avatar bet, you get an avatar of my choice if he scores 55 points or less and I give you an avatar of my choice if he scores more than 55 points.

Well season is over. RNH finished the season with 56 points on the year. One more than the 55 point threshold we had set for our 1 month avatar bet. I await the avatar.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Well season is over. RNH finished the season with 56 points on the year. One more than the 55 point threshold we had set for our 1 month avatar bet. I await the avatar.

Yeah it really was too bad that he got hurt and couldn't have hit 60. I'll let you know when I figure something out for you.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
That said I will still take the bet, 1 month avatar bet, you get an avatar of my choice if he scores 55 points or less and I give you an avatar of my choice if he scores more than 55 points.
BBO rolled you there Spawn. Take another look at the wording of that "bet". :laugh:

Honestly, 55 points isn't good enough from Nuge. I think it was a bit of a weird season for the kid.
Seemed like other than that one monster spurt while Hall was out he never really got into a groove this year. **** you Eakins.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
If RNH can combine his PP effectiveness from the Cory Power Potter Play era with his current even strength effectiveness, he shouldn't have a problem passing the 56 point mark in the future.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post

:huh: None of my business really...it's your guy's bet....but isn't BBO's bet the same if he gets 55 or under OR 56 +?

I'm confused.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
BBO rolled you there Spawn. Take another look at the wording of that "bet". :laugh:

Honestly, 55 points isn't good enough from Nuge. I think it was a bit of a weird season for the kid.
Seemed like other than that one monster spurt while Hall was out he never really got into a groove this year. **** you Eakins.

Beat me to it harpoon. I just posted something similar.

hockeey

Oct 28, 2014
CA
Does anyone have the data to compare RNH's production under Eakins vs. under Nelson from this season?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I posted this in another thread but felt that it was worth keeping in here since I had to do some digging.

Without Hall in the lineup:

RNH's 1st stretch 11/4/14-11/13/14
6gp. 2-4-6 -1 22sog.

RNH's 2nd stretch 1/25/15-1/31/15
4gp. 0-3-3 Ev 9sog.

RNH's 3rd stretch 2/4/15-3/18/15
19gp. 8-11-19 -4 54sog.

With Hall returning on 3/21, he assisted on RNH's GWG but played less ES minutes than Pouliot so I'm assuming that Pouliot was still with the RNH line at ES.

RNH 3/21/15-4/2/15 (IIRC he got his ankle hurt against Colorado so either the 3/25 or 3/30 game)
7gp. 4-2-6 -1 18sog.

So when RNH was not playing with Hall:

36gp. 14-20-34 -6 103sog.

Prorated to a full season: 32-46-78 -14 235sog.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad