Injury Report: Ryan Murray

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Pretty easy to tell we missed him.

Pretty nice having Johansen, Murray, and Jenner in the lineup this season. Maybe not exactly the most sexy group; but they sure are effective. No way Jenner looks 20.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Pretty easy to tell we missed him.

Pretty nice having Johansen, Murray, and Jenner in the lineup this season. Maybe not exactly the most sexy group; but they sure are effective. No way Jenner looks 20.

My daughter disagrees with you there...

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
The best thing to happen to Columbus was losing the draft lottery, Murray is going to be one of the best players in the 2012 draft, I had him and Rielly as 1-2 during the time of that draft over Yakupov and Galchenyuk. Always thought it was a draft to pick a D man. Didn't have Trouba in the top 5, but he might make it the trifecta.

Murray, Rielly, Trouba. Best players in this draft.

bizzz*

The best thing to happen to Columbus was losing the draft lottery, Murray is going to be one of the best players in the 2012 draft, I had him and Rielly as 1-2 during the time of that draft over Yakupov and Galchenyuk. Always thought it was a draft to pick a D man. Didn't have Trouba in the top 5, but he might make it the trifecta.

Murray, Rielly, Trouba. Best players in this draft.

The Jackets would have drafted Murray anyway even if they won the lottery.
And I still think he's the next Jackets captain.

AmadiosAmigos

Oct 27, 2010
Any information on Murray's current injury? Says he's placed on IR with a knee injury but cant seem to find out any details as to how severe or how long?

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Any information on Murray's current injury? Says he's placed on IR with a knee injury but cant seem to find out any details as to how severe or how long?

Had his knee scoped again after the playoffs ("to remove cartilage" or something to that effect). Has been cleared to skate, not for contact. Likely out of the opener at this point.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Supposedly not very; he might even play Thursday. He's just being very conservative about when he comes back.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
He's on IR for the roster spot. If he can't play, then they'll have someone else up who will. Not putting him on IR means we'd have to waive somebody which you don't want to do until you know Murr-dog is good to go.

Interestingly, this may be a result of Dano/Wennberg's play. We could have ran with 13 forwards, 8 defensemen, and 2 goalies but I think both have made strong cases pushing our roster to 14 forwards, 7 defensemen, and 2 goalies.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
he still hasn't taken any contact in practice...I don't believe he did today despite skating during practice...I was told not likely he's going to play this weekend

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
He's on IR for the roster spot. If he can't play, then they'll have someone else up who will. Not putting him on IR means we'd have to waive somebody which you don't want to do until you know Murr-dog is good to go.

Interestingly, this may be a result of Dano/Wennberg's play. We could have ran with 13 forwards, 8 defensemen, and 2 goalies but I think both have made strong cases pushing our roster to 14 forwards, 7 defensemen, and 2 goalies.

They're not holding out Murray because of Wennberg/Dano. If he was good to go he'd have his spot.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Hey guys, any idea when Murray will be back in the lineup?

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
Hey guys, any idea when Murray will be back in the lineup?

Obviously no inside information here, but I have a gut feeling he'll be in the lineup for Tuesday vs. Dallas after missing the first two games.

Still possible for him to play Saturday I suppose, but I would think they are going to make sure he is fully ready after what happened in the spring.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Obviously no inside information here, but I have a gut feeling he'll be in the lineup for Tuesday vs. Dallas after missing the first two games.

Still possible for him to play Saturday I suppose, but I would think they are going to make sure he is fully ready after what happened in the spring.

Good to hear.

I expect a big year from Murray this year.

Hopefully things work out for him quickly.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
They're not holding out Murray because of Wennberg/Dano. If he was good to go he'd have his spot.

That's not what I said. He's being held out to be safe.

The interesting thing is that they could have had him active as a scratch instead, but they want 14 forwards instead of 8 defensemen. He's on IR for the roster spot until they're sure he's fully healed.

Last edited:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
The Murray situation for me is the most concerning of all of our injuries. Not that I think we'll especially miss him on the ice this year- Erixon can babysit Wiz for him while he's gone - but Murray is a still developing young player, and he needs to play to grow. Frequent injuries are the one thing that can stop him from becoming a great player.

Reactions: Cowumbus

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
The Murray situation for me is the most concerning of all of our injuries. Not that I think we'll especially miss him on the ice this year- Erixon can babysit Wiz for him while he's gone - but Murray is a still developing young player, and he needs to play to grow. Frequent injuries are the one thing that can stop him from becoming a great player.

Hopefully this isn't a trend for him. Concerning this injury, though, it appears to me that the CBJ are going to take their time getting him back into game action. There is no reason to rush him back with the guys on the ice now.

Get him completely healthy, and ready to go, then bring him back.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I would like to see Golo get a chance in Prout's place before Murray comes back.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Please, play anyone but Prout. I don't understand the fascination with him. He seems totally incapable of making an outlet pass that actually goes to a Jacket rather than a member of the other team. I know he is big and strong. But his game has not improved at all since his rookie season. Still making a lot of horrible passes. Give Golo a chance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad