Ryan Murphy called up?

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Look at it this way, at least we're getting all the injuries out of the way early and these games coming up are still very winnable, even with a midget lineup on D.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
I'm excited to see the kid play! Been a while since we've seen him live. Hopefully Muller turns him loose.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Mike Sundheim ‏@MikeSundheim

Per @AndTheLetterK, Ryan Murphy is the first junior player recalled by the team mid-season since Mark Paterson in 1983.

Bleed, is this not true?

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Still too soon. :D

The Rangers fan in me hates this so much, the Murphy fan in me is happy for him.

I think he'll be likely to be back in the OHL in a few games though, once Joni or Gleason is ready to play, they'll most likely send him back. Seems weird to be doing this recall now, but I don't think this is a permanent deal for the rest of the season.

Next year he's all ours though. Any other Rangers coming up in the draft that we can claim from you this year? ;)

TheBigKahuna

Dec 6, 2010
Canes Country
Where do the scouts sit? Do they sit in cheap seats, or in the press box, suite, etc? I wonder just how people identify that certain scouts are in the building? Because you often hear when scouts are at games, and someone has identified them.

Patiently awaiting update from Eklund......

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Bleed, is this not true?

Giguere played 3 games for the whale the year he got drafted. Burke and Jason "the fighting scorpion" muzzatti were both hurt so giguere got the emergency injury call up. Ironically the Springfield minor league goalie being snubbed was manny legace, who toiled for years for us in the minors an never got a shot. I remember giggy went 1-1-1, and got the whalers post game interview tradition. Forslund would intentionally drag out the interview a little bit until the other guys drilled whoever got interviewed with a shaving cream pie in the face on TV. Giggy just wiped his eyes and kept talking with a **** eating grin on his face.

It's how I know about these call ups. Unless there was an aspect of that I don't remember than he's wrong. It was 96 or 97.

Ps he's actually credited with 8 that year. That I don't remember. Maybe they had him early games before demotion, or called him up after his junior year ended. Who knows, maybe I'm senile.

Last edited:

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
I think he'll be likely to be back in the OHL in a few games though, once Joni or Gleason is ready to play, they'll most likely send him back. Seems weird to be doing this recall now, but I don't think this is a permanent deal for the rest of the season.

Next year he's all ours though. Any other Rangers coming up in the draft that we can claim from you this year? ;)

Yeah, I'm very confident he'll be back in the OHL - I'm hoping sooner rather than later. Kitchener is fighting for playoff position (clinched a spot, just need to get home ice).

As far as other Rangers, there are a couple this year. Justin Bailey is a bum. You don't want him. ;)

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
The bar is set at Bobby Sanguinetti. If he can do more than Bobby, I hope they keep him (if allowed).

TheBigKahuna

Dec 6, 2010
Canes Country
Truthfully, if he looks like a stud tonight, they could keep him around. We have Jordan and Sangs up from Charlotte, and McBain is always a prime candidate for a healthy scratch when everyone is healthy.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I'd keep him around if he proves to be better than some on our defense. If we are trying to win the cup, you have to ice the best lineup possible.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
If he helps the team, he should stay.

But I very, very, very much doubt that he helps the team. At the very least, he needs seasoning in the AHL.

Don't freak out if he looks worse than Sangs tonight.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Giguere played 3 games for the whale the year he got drafted. Burke and Jason "the fighting scorpion" muzzatti were both hurt so giguere got the emergency injury call up. Ironically the Springfield minor league goalie being snubbed was manny legace, who toiled for years for us in the minors an never got a shot. I remember giggy went 1-1-1, and got the whalers post game interview tradition. Forslund would intentionally drag out the interview a little bit until the other guys drilled whoever got interviewed with a shaving cream pie in the face on TV. Giggy just wiped his eyes and kept talking with a **** eating grin on his face.

It's how I know about these call ups. Unless there was an aspect of that I don't remember than he's wrong. It was 96 or 97.

Ps he's actually credited with 8 that year. That I don't remember. Maybe they had him early games before demotion, or called him up after his junior year ended. Who knows, maybe I'm senile.

As I recall, they brought him up after his junior year ended, so he technically wasn't a mid junior season call up. At least I think that's what Chuck was getting at.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
If he helps the team, he should stay.

But I very, very, very much doubt that he helps the team. At the very least, he needs seasoning in the AHL.

Don't freak out if he looks worse than Sangs tonight.

Honestly he COULD help the team tonight. He's more likely to be a gigantic liability but even if he plays well and helps the team, he's going back to juniors before they burn a year off his ELC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad