Player Discussion Ryan Miller | Pt. IV: Game over?

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Bernier would be a great tank commander. Johnson is actually OK.

Bernier had very similar regular season stats to Miller last year. I don't see a major fall off over an extended period. Obviously, wouldn't want him in the playoffs, but that's not really our concern.

I'd be on board for Markstrom/Bernier.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Bernier had extremely similar regular season stats to Miller last year. I don't see a major fall off over an extended period. Obviously, wouldn't want him in the playoffs, but that's not really our concern.

I'd be on board for Markstrom/Bernier.

I'll try to dig it up, but I remember reading somewhere about how Bernier's save percentage on medium/higher quality shots was pretty bad about a year or ago. Miller was actually decent on that list.

Markstrom is pretty meh for me too, him and Bernier together behind this roster sounds like a great way to tank for top pick so I'm definitely 100% on board. :yo:

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
Assuming Miller is gone, my UFA goalie targets to pair with Markstrom are Condon, Nilsson or Kinkaid.

Nilsson is on NYR's radar as well so we better move quickly. He should prefer playing here as he has a legit shot of being at least a 1B. Needless to say, he won't have that chance in NY.

Wow. Miller accepting $1M?! I see the logic but the rumors here were that Benning was offering $3-4M. Jesus.

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
I'll try to dig it up, but I remember reading somewhere about how Bernier's save percentage on medium/higher quality shots was pretty bad about a year or ago. Miller was actually decent on that list.

Markstrom is pretty meh for me too, him and Bernier together behind this roster sounds like a great way to tank for top pick so I'm definitely 100% on board. :yo:

To be fair to Marky: we finished 28th and 29th with Miller as our #1.

Now that that's said: I agree ;)

baxtefer

Aug 8, 2012
Nilsson is on NYR's radar as well so we better move quickly. He should prefer playing here as he has a legit shot of being at least a 1B. Needless to say, he won't have that chance in NY.

Wow. Miller accepting $1M?! I see the logic but the rumors here were that Benning was offering $3-4M. Jesus.

Anaheim is apparently offering $1M + bonuses.
Rumor was that Benning was offering $3-4M including bonuses.

The offers are probably very similar.

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
leaving $2 million on the table to be with his too hot for him wife half the time for 8 months.

is there a hashtag for that?
He has a son too; If I were him, I would have left 2M on the table to not to be with her for 8 months. But that's just me. :popcorn:

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007

No way, with a clear cut #1 in ANA already, ANA's bonuses are almost unachievable

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden

Ah, gotcha! Thanks for clarifying that. Though Benning was setting a new record in outbidding himself in the Ryan Miller-sweepstakes.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
No way, with a clear cut #1 in ANA already, ANA's bonuses are almost unachievable

Bonuses can be as easy or as hard to achieve as both parties can agree to. In his contract with Boston, Iginla only needed to hit 10 GP in the 13-14 season to collect a $3.7M bonus. If Anaheim wants to squeeze Miller in using the bonus cushion they could do something similar. Of course much like with Boston, they'd have to suffer the consequences of any overages the next season.

VC

Feb 28, 2002
Vancouver Island
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised if Bernier, Mason or Elliot were targeted as a Miller replacement. None of which I'd be too interested in unless on a 1 year show-me deal.

Chad Johnson seems like a solid backup if you handing the reigns over to Markstrom, Condon fits that category too. I'd be interested in seeing if a Kindaid or Nilsson could push or take the net from Markstrom. I am kind of curious to see if the Islanders were justified holding onto Berube for so long.

--------

Never liked the Miller contract though he played okay. Wanted to see Lack/Markstrom duo.

A 1 year 1m deal seems like a good fit if he signs it.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Should get Carolina to give us a mid round pick to take Lack back. Our team will be terrible, might as well inject some personality and pick up a pick in the process.

tiny103

Jun 28, 2008
Ottawa
wonder what it would take to get Mrazek. he and markstrom can split games and see who emerges as the starter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad