Player Discussion: Ryan McDonagh

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Great regular season. Terrible playoffs. Just awful starting with that ridiculous pass leading to the game one comeback.

Rangers one this deal. Amd they won it big.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
I hate his contract. Gonna come bite us in the ass sooner or later. It hasn’t even started yet. Hope he can play at a decent level for a few more years at least.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
He played all the way till the end of the season, we needed him rested like I said, he went to battle for no reason those last couple of games.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Great regular season. Terrible playoffs. Just awful starting with that ridiculous pass leading to the game one comeback.

Rangers one this deal. Amd they won it big.

This is stupid, if anything he was left out to dry with Hedman and Stralman going down. You have McDonagh leading the charge with a rookie partner, a sophomore and an Ahler on another pair and Girardi on the other.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
This is stupid, if anything he was left out to dry with Hedman and Stralman going down. You have McDonagh leading the charge with a rookie partner, a sophomore and an Ahler on another pair and Girardi on the other.
He had the best partner on the team and Cerek outplayed him.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
If there's one player on the team we need to rest before playoffs it's McDonagh, although at this pace it doesnt look like we'll be resting anyone.

Nautica54

Nov 28, 2015
With McD being out and our defensive performance still being pretty impressive and consistent over the duration of his absence..

While he does have a NTC...I really wouldn't mind moving him after the season to free up salary

Nautica54

Nov 28, 2015
Once again...if u had a choice of trading mcdonagh to free up salary including needing to resign cernak/serge and potentially shatty

Do u at least explore this?

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Really backed ourselves into a corner with the NTC to TJ, gourds, palat, McD

NTC aside I would move McD and palat

....Palat and MCD who actually perform and have a fit over TJ and Gourde who have like 20 goals combined?

Johnson, Gourde, Palat........McDonagh in that order.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Once again...if u had a choice of trading mcdonagh to free up salary including needing to resign cernak/serge and potentially shatty

Do u at least explore this?
No, I would explore Johnson and Gourde. Signing Shattenkirk was and is never part of a legitimate plan unless he takes Coburn money.

bigdaddio

Jan 22, 2019
I sure hope that was just the entire midwest worth of rust and not his return level of play because McD looked god-awful out there today.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
He has looked that way pretty much all season so I wouldn't get my hopes up. Still, it's nice to have him back. Hopefully he can get it going in time for the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad