Player Discussion Ryan Lindgren

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Racking up schmoints. Play of the game on the net drive. The people aren't satisfied!!!

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
he's absolutely awful this year.

not giving Fox a pass for how pedestrian he's looked at times this year but Lindgren is having by far his worst season as a pro. The Lind-Fox pair went from the best pair in the league to below average and 95% of it is Lindgren's play.

i've seen this movie play out with McDonagh-Girardi and I am sooooooooooooooooooo not interested in watching it again. I'd move him now and not even think about it. I am not risking a top 3 D in the world looking pedestrian for Ryan Lindgren.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
he's absolutely awful this year.

not giving Fox a pass for how pedestrian he's looked at times this year but Lindgren is having by far his worst season as a pro. The Lind-Fox pair went from the best pair in the league to below average and 95% of it is Lindgren's play.

i've seen this movie play out with McDonagh-Girardi and I am sooooooooooooooooooo not interested in watching it again. I'd move him now and not even think about it. I am not risking a top 3 D in the world looking pedestrian for Ryan Lindgren.
If Ryan was traded, how do you think that would affect the locker room for this season?

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
The Rangers traded Ryan Callahan mid-season and went to the Final, the locker room will be fine. Moving Lindgren and a pick for an actual top pair defenseman would make the team much better
Hopefully it would not hurt the teams morale. I thought the Cally trade was more expected because of contract stuff. He was being linked to Tampa for a while. Cally was kind of replaced by guys like Zooks, Step, Brass, Hags, etc that season. Plus St. Louis came back as well. If Lindy could be moved for a top line Dman I think the guys would be more understanding than if it was just for a draft pick.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Hopefully it would not hurt the teams morale. I thought the Cally trade was more expected because of contract stuff. He was being linked to Tampa for a while. Cally was kind of replaced by guys like Zooks, Step, Brass, Hags, etc that season. Plus St. Louis came back as well. If Lindy could be moved for a top line Dman I think the guys would be more understanding than if it was just for a draft pick.

If they are moving him now it needs to be more an upgrade, not futures. Summer trade can be for picks, easier for the group to stomach a trade like that when they wont be together.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
He gets a pass from some fans because he will occasionally hit someone (even though he is the nail way more often than he is the hammer) and because he bleeds periodically.

Only Trouba has been worse defensively in the starting 6 and Lindgren's Rel numbers are worse than Zac Jones'. Dude sucks and needs to be moved even if its for futures. Addition by subtraction at this point.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
So we acknowledge that Lindgren/Fox has been elite in the past. I think Mel would be the first to admit there is one guy not pulling his weight and it aint double nickel.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
He gets a pass from some fans because he will occasionally hit someone (even though he is the nail way more often than he is the hammer) and because he bleeds periodically.

Only Trouba has been worse defensively in the starting 6 and Lindgren's Rel numbers are worse than Zac Jones'. Dude sucks and needs to be moved even if it’s for futures. Addition by subtraction at this point.
Playing like Girardi while being way smaller than G was took its toll really quickly.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
1708118050218.png

• Haha
Reactions: tlk

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
gonna be a wet blanket here by saying Lindgren was out-attempted 5-17 on the ice last night. by far the worst for a D. to only generate 5 shot attempts in 14 ES minutes is pretty insane(ly bad).
Ehhh he made some big hits and broke up a bunch of plays. Im not asking for miracles playing against a top team.

Reactions: RagFinMet

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
Ehhh he made some big hits and broke up a bunch of plays. Im not asking for miracles playing against a top team.
THE RANGERS ARE A TOP TEAM. Playing well against other good teams isn’t some fluke or crazy ask, it is the expectation. Other teams are thinking that about the Rangers. I love Lindy for his prior service, but this is not like an Eli situation where you put up with his sucking due to past contributions. You get value while you can.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

That doesn't mean he had a great game.

He also made a half assed clearing attempt (which should have gone to the boards) on the PK that led to the only goal against.

Fox had a bad game too (as did the rest of our D outside of Miller, Schneider had the worst night of all) which doesn't help matters, but if this is a good game for Lindgren then thats really only further proof that he doesn't belong in the lineup.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
And he's had much better prior years. If you could keep him at $3m I'd kinda like to see him in a lesser role first.

Yeah he has but you have to wonder if all of the punishment is finally taking its toll. This guy has with out a doubt played through shit that he shouldn't have been playing through.

Everything in his game is a step or two slower than it has been which is why he's struggling at both ends of the ice (offensively even more than usual and his defense has fallen off of a cliff.) he's always taken a bit of a beating but thats even increased exponentially - He's been blown up 8 times this year.

He's going to get a raise and he isn't worth it.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Yeah he has but you have to wonder if all of the punishment is finally taking its toll. This guy has with out a doubt played through shit that he shouldn't have been playing through.

Everything in his game is a step or two slower than it has been which is why he's struggling at both ends of the ice (offensively even more than usual and his defense has fallen off of a cliff.) he's always taken a bit of a beating but thats even increased exponentially - He's been blown up 8 times this year.

He's going to get a raise and he isn't worth it.

Willing to trade, I think he will have a rep that you can win a value exchange.

Reactions: GoAwayPanarin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad