News Article: Ryan Lambert: Drew Doughty has never been NHL's best defenseman

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
As an outsider I believe last year Doughty was deserving of Norris and to me was best all around defender

Karlsson defensively can be so questionable at times and IMO Doughty was only reason Kings didn't completely fall apart last year. But missing playoffs really hurt him with voters IMO

Keith too. I have nothing but respect for the Hawks.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
This. Boyle is useful, solid bottom six NHL-player. Not a great pick, but definitely not a bust like Colten Teubert.

Boyle was a second away from not even making the Rangers roster and it took a serious wake up call from Torts for him to finally make the effort to play in the league. He hired a skating coach and learned how to skate the proper way and worked his ass off to stay in the league. He never showed that kind of commitment in LA.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
Way Way Way worse? come on, care to name the ones worse than Teubert?

Debuted in ECHL, was a healthy scratch in AHL , was not tendered after his ELC, was not even invited to camp by an NHL team, ended up playing in the 5th or 6th best league in Europe. And the next defender taken after him is very likely headed to the Hall of Fame. Not to mention the Kings traded a first line forward and a pick to move up to specifically get him.

You are right, there are many to choose from, but I would match Colten Teubert up against Matt Zultek, Jens Karlsson, Lauri Tukonen any of those guys.

Hickey, Bernier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad