News Article: Ryan Lambert: Drew Doughty has never been NHL's best defenseman

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
While some suggest Doughty is the best or should win the Norris, others well...

Again, no one is saying Doughty isn't clearly really good, because he clearly really is. But apart from the Olympics — and hey gang, anyone can have a transcendent two-week or even two-month stretch; Doughty's goalie is being paid huge money until 2023 as a result of just such a run — he's never clearly been the best at his position, or even all that close to it

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/drew-doughty-has-never-been-nhl-s-best-defenseman--trending-topics-212421594.html

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I don't know what year Doughty should have won the Norris, last year perhaps, but it's hard to win it when you don't make the playoffs and Karlsson had an insane season.

But to say he has never been close to being the best defenseman in the NHL is simply ludicrous.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Hard to put faith in an article when the author misreads his own data.

I get what he's trying to do but with both the factual inaccuracies and the tone dripping with "haha I got you" it's just a failure writeup.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Lol was just going to post this article and sure enough here it is. Clearly this moron does not watch Drew Doughty play. I actually don't mind at all that Doughty has not won a Norris yet cuz every year he's been in the league there is someone more deserving but to say he's never been the best at his position is outright stupidity. Is this loser even credible or is he just lookin at his lame @ss stats.

gnarls barkley

Mar 16, 2015
Chicago
Hard to put faith in an article when the author misreads his own data.

I get what he's trying to do but with both the factual inaccuracies and the tone dripping with "haha I got you" it's just a failure writeup.

what that guy calls "writing" is basically the equivalent of taking a bunch of sensationalist posts from the main board and turning it into a "column"

folks may hate on ESPN for not covering hockey that much, but at least their guys actually tend to know the game for the most part

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
I think it's as ludicrous that he's saying Quick's contract is based off of the 2012 playoff run. Quick was the best goaltender that year period. He was robbed of the Vezina and had the ridiculous postseason. Oh and outdueled that fool in the SCF 2 years later. Anybody can do that. Now do it twice, asshat.

As far as Drew, he's had transcendent moments multiple times on the biggest stage. When that happens more than once and you expect it to happen? I've got news for you, it's because he is the best.

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
this article is like some of the crap guys throw up on web sites, I know more than eveyone else because I am the only one who is saying this, when all is said and done who would you want on your team going into the playoffs or olympics to lead your D or for that matter your team, at least for me its DD .....................hope this guy is a duck fan

Ron*

I find it interesting he doesn't explain why Doughty had more first place votes than Karlsson last year.

Yup. Can't let the truth get in the way of a biased argument. Guy would make a great ****ing lawyer.

Garbage article by a POS writer. Must be a Sharks fan.

Next.

rajuabju

The One & Only
Dec 30, 2006
Los Angeles
Even Doughty haters frequently admit that if you're starting to build a defense, Doughty is the first choice. Ahead of everyone else.

Stupid article.

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
giphy.gif

Lambert's right. Let's trade Doughty. Who needs him? He's not even a Norris-worthy defenseman!
618166.gif

airplane-cant-be-serious.gif

Quattro

Aug 5, 2005
I agree that Doughty hasn't deserved the Norris so far in any season. I also believe there is no other defenseman I would rather have on my team.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Well... I guess try and trade him before everyone finds out and Doughty's value drops.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I agree that Doughty hasn't deserved the Norris so far in any season. I also believe there is no other defenseman I would rather have on my team.

I can agree with that. It's more about the undeserved smugness and how he goes about trying to prove it with a bunch of stats he can't read and literally reads the chart wrong in his argument.

Doughty's been unfortunate enough to have a Norris caliber performance in Keith's godly year and in a year with all sorts of stupid vote splitting. God help him this year.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Doughty is the complete package. He can control the ice in any zone and games it when he needs to. He's a modern day Chelios. Chelios was never considered the greatest defenseman of an era dominated by the disgusting numbers of Bourque, but he's a multiple Cup champ and HOF inductee for a reason.

reset

Puck Luck
Oct 5, 2005
South Bay
another troll job by yahoo to lure readers to their sinking ship

not worth the time in reading a junk piece written by a junk writer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad