Value of: Ryan Kesler to any team

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
I'd trade Lucic for Kesler but I guess I'm more willing to bet on him being healthy and effective again vs Lucic being effective in Edmonton at all. Not sure if it requires retention that extra 875k per year to get out of the 5th year is interesting.

I don't think it matters though I doubt Kesler would waive to go to Edmonton but despite the brutal cap hit he'd be an excellent 3c and you could justify it since you're getting rid of Looch.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I'd trade Lucic for Kesler but I guess I'm more willing to bet on him being healthy and effective again vs Lucic being effective in Edmonton at all. Not sure if it requires retention that extra 875k per year to get out of the 5th year is interesting.

I don't think it matters though I doubt Kesler would waive to go to Edmonton but despite the brutal cap hit he'd be an excellent 3c and you could justify it since you're getting rid of Looch.
You are making the assumptions as if Anaheim would be interested to make that trade. Look, I`m no Bob Murray but following our organisation a lot, I can say confidently that Ducks would not be interested to make that trade. At all

In NHL 18, sure. You can try

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
You are making the assumptions as if Anaheim would be interested to make that trade. Look, I`m no Bob Murray but following our organisation a lot, I can say confidently that Ducks would not be interested to make that trade. At all

In NHL 18, sure. You can try

Ok? We're all just talking hockey here.

I highly doubt Peter Chiarelli would trade Lucic for Kesler because he loves Lucic, doesn't mean we can't talk hockey here.

I'm not sure why you're choosing to respond obnoxiously as if Kesler is world's better than Milan Lucic.

Ryan Kesler is 34 in a couple months, signed for 4 more years at a brutally high 6.875,000, just has 14 points in 44 games and has serious health concerns.

Neither Lucic or Kesler are priced peaches at this point of their career. There are very good reasons for both teams to want to move these players and very good reasons for other teams to be offering little of value for them.

You can say no you don't think they'd do it or that you wouldn't want them to, I never even said that Anaheim definitely would but you don't need to be an arsehole about it either.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Ok? We're all just talking hockey here.

I highly doubt Peter Chiarelli would trade Lucic for Kesler because he loves Lucic, doesn't mean we can't talk hockey here.

I'm not sure why you're choosing to respond obnoxiously as if Kesler is world's better than Milan Lucic.

Ryan Kesler is 34 in a couple months, signed for 4 more years at a brutally high 6.875,000, just has 14 points in 44 games and has serious health concerns.

Neither Lucic or Kesler are priced peaches at this point of their career. There are very good reasons for both teams to want to move these players and very good reasons for other teams to be offering little of value for them.

You can say no you don't think they'd do it or that you wouldn't want them to, I never even said that Anaheim definitely would but you don't need to be an ******** about it either.
He`s not miles better. But he`s better (might be subjective, I can take that criticism). My point was more about the team values - I know I didn`t make that clear, I appologise.

Ducks value centers and they value speed (Bob Murray does, no matter how slow our team has been this year, but he has historically loved speed and centers). Kesler brings that, no matter that Kesler won`t be as good any more as he was in 16-17 (which was elite Selke level for 80% of the season). He will be a great mentor for Steel and Terry, that is something our org looks at, too. Hence the weirdo trades and signings of veteran players but that is another story.

Lucic can be a valuable player still. My personal belief is that he`s really not gonna be near as usefull as Kesler just if for the defensive effort alone. Lucic usage at the end of the games played a part of why Ducks advanced in 17 playoffs. Even without my personal belief... Lucic just isn`t what the Ducks are looking for, at all. Looch contract IS bigger. He is a one dimensional winger (ok, add ''mean streak''). That alone should be enough for Bob to hang up.

There is huge lack of understanding about our organisation and situation about our franchise and Kesler in this thread. I`m sorry if I didn`t made myself clear right away

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
to the ducks
kylington frolik

to the flames
Ryan kessler 2 mill retained
No. As I havfe stated multiple times in this thread, acquiring a guy with a NMC and a long term contract with the pending Seattle expansion would be an absolutely terrible idea. The Flames would already be looking at losing a good player to expansion, this would compound that issue.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Actually, you're very wrong. Having a ~50-60 point Selke level C is what he Ducks fans still hope for.
I was being realistic. He’s not going to hold that kind of level for this contract. HOPEFULLY he holds that 50 point great defense and health until he’s 35. If you expecting that after 35 you are probably expecting too much.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad