Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
He will not go back down.

How can you be so sure about that?

Lupul-Bozak-Kessel
Kulemin-Grabo-Mac
Jvr-Kadri-Komorov
Brown-Mcclment-Orr

That is the healthy lineup and you already have Frattin/Steckel as our extra's. So the question is who do you see him outplaying out of those 14 players? Lupul/Kessel/Bozak are all no goes, Kulemin/Grabo no, Mac is a fighting chance but keep in mind then there's Frattin who he has to overtake. JVR/Kadri/Komorov all here to stay, Brown/Mcclement are here, and we all know how much Carlye loves Orr, so I dont see him being scractched at Hamilton's expense.

I think he's here at least until Brown gets back but it's likely (barring a miracle) that he's sent back down.

bbgobie

Sep 19, 2009
So with Mclaren is Hamilton sent right back down again? No longer an emergency call up after today?

Thats what I was thinking, since it would be the same as if a player returned from injury, its no longer an emergency recall.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Mclaren is for the Bruins.

Hamilton will play tonight on the 4th line with a few shifts between some better player...IMO

If he looks well...we can always go

Hamilton-Grabo-Kule
Mclaren-Mcclem-Orr

for Boston
(Im aware that Mac will be back, but if Hamilton has a decent game. Randy will reward.)

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON

Lupul-Bozak-Kessel
Kulemin-Grabo-Mac
Jvr-Kadri-Komorov
Brown-Mcclment-Orr

That is the healthy lineup and you already have Frattin/Steckel as our extra's. So the question is who do you see him outplaying out of those 14 players? Lupul/Kessel/Bozak are all no goes, Kulemin/Grabo no, Mac is a fighting chance but keep in mind then there's Frattin who he has to overtake. JVR/Kadri/Komorov all here to stay, Brown/Mcclement are here, and we all know how much Carlye loves Orr, so I dont see him being scractched at Hamilton's expense.

I think he's here at least until Brown gets back but it's likely (barring a miracle) that he's sent back down.

You're nuts if you think Frattin is going to be scratched...

When Lupul comes up, you get rid of the redundancy that is Orr/Brown and roll with:

Lupul-Bozak/Kadri-Kessel
Kulemin-Grabo the Warrior-Macarthur/JVR
Macarthur/JVR-Kadri/Bozak-Frattin
Brown/Orr-McClement-Komarov
Steckel, Brown/Orr

palmateer67

Feb 6, 2010
New York City

Lupul-Bozak-Kessel
Kulemin-Grabo-Mac
Jvr-Kadri-Komorov
Brown-Mcclment-Orr

The Leafs have to change. Steckel, MacArthur and, yes, Orr are not the future of this team. The young players (Kadri, Frattin, Komariv) need to be given their opportunities. Hamilton, at 28, needs his chance as well.

And speaking of needing chances, Dallas Eakins must come up too. (I expect Carlyle to be bumped up into the office in a year or so.)

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Thats what I was thinking, since it would be the same as if a player returned from injury, its no longer an emergency recall.

Browns out 7-10 days, so roughly 5-7 gamesish. Hamilton's got that spot until then, but what I don't get is we do have an extra foward already up (Steckel), why waste the callup when you dont have to ?

bbgobie

Sep 19, 2009
On second thought I don't think this would even qualify as emergency?
Who's out? Lupol, MacArthur, Brown. It's not like the leafs don't still have a couple guys in the press box every night

masyo88*

When Lupul comes up, you get rid of the redundancy that is Orr/Brown and roll with:

Lupul-Bozak/Kadri-Kessel
Kulemin-Grabo the Warrior-Macarthur/JVR
Macarthur/JVR-Kadri/Bozak-Frattin
Brown/Orr-McClement-Komarov
Steckel, Brown/Orr

Oh god here we go again:shakehead:(:badidea:

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
The Leafs have to change. Steckel, MacArthur and, yes, Orr are not the future of this team. The young players (Kadri, Frattin, Komariv) need to be given their opportunities. Hamilton, at 28, needs his chance as well.

I agree BUT that doesn't change squat though, the roster is the same and full. I just don't see HOW Hamilton sticks, like really who do you move to make room? Sorry but unless he outplays and I mean really makes look foolish one of those 14 players I just don't see a spot here for him this season.

PoisonMushroom

I'm a fungi!
Mar 8, 2006
I thought I read that given the new CBA, players weren't susceptible to waiver claim on recalls, only on demotions to the AHL.

This is true, recall waivers no longer exist. If this is an emergency recall, he won't have to pass through waivers unless he stays on the roster a certain number of days or plays a certain number of games (I can't remember the exact numbers).

Edit: It's 10 games according to this link.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012

Go back and re-read what I said before making a comment, I said odds are Frattin is not scratched and that Hamilton will have a very hard time usurping him.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/icechips/

Mike Brown will miss the next week with a shoulder strain. Brown suffered the injury at the end of his fight with Mike Weber on Tuesday in Buffalo. - TSN

Ryan Hamilton was recalled from the Marlies on Thursday morning and will make his season debut in Brown’s place on the fourth unit with Dave Steckel and Colton Orr. - TSN

Clarke MacArthur remains out for the second straight game with a finger injury. MacArthur is unable to put his right glove on comfortably because of the recent damage to his pinky finger.- TSN

Mike Komisarek is available after suffering a minor eye injury on Monday, but the Leafs are expected to dress the same group on defence as Tuesday in Buffalo. - TSN

James Reimer makes his third straight start and fourth in the last five games.- TSN

Projected Lines vs. Capitals

Forwards:
van Riemsdyk - Bozak - Kessel
McClement - Grabovski - Kulemin
Frattin - Kadri - Komarov
Hamilton - Steckel - Orr

Defence:
Phaneuf - Kostka
Gunnarsson - Liles
Fraser - Franson

Goaltenders:
Reimer

Injured:
Lupul
Brown
MacArthur

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013/01/31/leafs-call-up-marlies-captain-ryan-hamilton/

And on Thursday morning, he was a teammate again. Hamilton is the 27-year-old captain of Toronto’s American Hockey League affiliate, valued for his leadership and ability as a mentor to young prospects. That captaincy, though, is often viewed as a scarlet letter — a role within the organization that rarely results in a promotion to the NHL team.

Hamilton had been promoted.

He received the surprise call on Wednesday and was in the dressing room with Scrivens, a former Marlies goaltender, preparing to face the Washington Capitals Thursday night. It would be his season debut, and only the third NHL game of his career.

“He represents a lot of things that are positives in what we would like out of our players,” Leafs coach Randy Carlyle said. “A very committed athlete, very low-maintenance. Does what he’s asked. No excuses. He just goes out and works and earns the respect of his teammates and his coaching staff.”

Hamilton was expected to fill in for energy-line forward Mike Brown, who will be out for at least seven days with a shoulder injury. Carlyle said he was not opposed to the idea of moving Hamilton further up the lineup, into more of a scoring role.

Hamilton has a team-leading 18 goals with the Marlies this season, putting him on pace for a career-high. He joined the Leafs after playing in the AHL’s All-Star Game, having made his NHL debut with the team last year — a two-game call-up for a back-to-back set against the New Jersey Devils and the New York Rangers.

Against the Capitals, Hamilton, a native of nearby Oshawa, Ont., would be playing in his second game at home.

“It’s a pretty cool feeling to be able to call your parents and your friends and family, and let them know you’re going to be playing in Toronto,” he said after the team’s morning skate. “You grew up watching the Leafs on TV. And being able to have some people come to the game, it’s real special.”

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
I honestly would not be surprised if he plays on the top line. We saw it with Kostka on the D.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I honestly would not be surprised if he plays on the top line. We saw it with Kostka on the D.

JVR-Grabovski-Kulemin
Komarov-Kadri-Frattin
Hamilton-Bozak-Kessel
MacArthur-McClement-Steckel

Give Kessel the big body he needs on his line for defense.

Height 6.02 -- Weight 230 -- Shoots L

I think having that size on Kessel's line would not hurt at this point in time.

JVR's big game was with Kulemin, on a pass and when Kulemin forced Malkin into hurrying his pass for the face-off circle giveaway and goal.

JVR isn't playing the physical game I think Bozak's line lacks.

And Kessel on the 3rd. line? All he has to do is contribute and he'll get more ice time. ;-)

Vintage Leaf Memories

Jan 7, 2013
Glad to see this- have been pulling for Hamilton for years. Finally got his first NHL game in last season. Deserves this chance, for sure. Hope he gets a goal at some point, too.

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
if im hamilton im thinking "this is it. this is my big chance!"
even if its just 6 min of ice ive got to lay big hits, get into a scrap, crash the net, score a goal - something huge

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad