Recalled/Assigned: Ryan Hamilton Up

Mat Fratthouse

Jan 30, 2013
Hogtown
I like this move. I think we need to round out our bottom 6 to play the way (defensively) Carlyle wants to play. Hamilton will not be a liability in his own zone has size and can chip in on the score sheet if given the chance.

Are Orr and Brown still out?

Im guessing a fourth line of

Hamilton-steckle-brown/orr

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
clarke mccarthurs going to lose his job if hes not careful
but this is in wake of brown being down of course

jvr bozak kessel
frattin kadri komarov
mcclement grabovsky kulemin
orr steckel hamilton

Last 2 seasons:

MacArthur 105 points (155 games .68 ppg) Born Apr 6 1985
Hamilton 79 points (119 games .66 ppg) Born Apr 15 1985

Last edited:

4evaBlue

Bottle of Lightning
Jan 9, 2011
I do wonder who he's meant to replace in the lineup. I'm hoping it's Orr, and that it would lead to the "energy" line getting more icetime.

I'm somewhat excited to see what his frame, and work ethic can bring to the team.

SteveV*

Brown has been so useless, time to upgrade. He is a good fighter, but he contributes nothing, with him and Orr together its a devastatingly BAD fourth line. Teams with higher end talent can afford a throw in fourth line, the Toronto Maple Leafs aren't one of those teams.

leafspring*

As this is a season to see what we have in the system, i hope he gets a fair shot to prove himself. I hear he is a bit of a slow skater, but he wouldn't be the first that still can do well in the NHL. I hope he does well, sticks with the team and that we can trade MacA for a draft pic. It's a rebuild, lets see what he can do.

Who said its a rebuild. Its calling a depth guy up plain,and simple.

SteveV*

Leafs PR‏@LeafsPR

#Leafs have recalled forward Ryan Hamilton from the #Marlies of the AHL and placed forward Mike Brown on Injured Reserve.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Leafs PR‏@LeafsPR

#Leafs have recalled forward Ryan Hamilton from the #Marlies of the AHL and placed forward Mike Brown on Injured Reserve.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/icechips/

Ice Chips yesterday showed Lupul, Brown and Orr as injured.

Browon on IR means he might be gone a little while and this could be an emergency recall so there wouldn't be any concerns about waivers.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Hamilton could be a hidden gem, he's 27, he has good size, I think he is a lot better than people probably have him pegged.

Draft/Develop/Promote.

Disclaimer-UFA signing draft

leafspring*

I like this move. I think we need to round out our bottom 6 to play the way (defensively) Carlyle wants to play. Hamilton will not be a liability in his own zone has size and can chip in on the score sheet if given the chance.

Are Orr and Brown still out?

Im guessing a fourth line of

Hamilton-steckle-brown/orr

Carlyles system just got a boost in a number of ways calling him up. Everyone seems to like this guy. Well respected by his peers is my sense.

KlattNazty

Feb 3, 2011
Heres to hoping he can stick with this team for good, preferably in a 4th line capacity, unless he works his way up.

Some skill, good speed, big body, and defensively responsible. Not as good a fighter as Brown but you have Orr.

leafspring*

Hamilton could be a hidden gem, he's 27, he has good size, I think he is a lot better than people probably have him pegged.

Draft/Develop/Promote.

Disclaimer-UFA signing draft

lol,he's "just" a AHL'er though.;)

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Eakins and Nonis seem to be on the same page when it comes to these kinds of player personnel decisions via who should get promoted.

leafspring*

Heres to hoping he can stick with this team for good, preferably in a 4th line capacity, unless he works his way up.

Some skill, good speed, big body, and defensively responsible. Not as good a fighter as Brown but you have Orr.

He's not a scrapper,but he's no wimp either.

ForSpareParts*

JVR-Grabovski-Kulemin
Komarov-Kadri-Frattin
Hamilton-Bozak-Kessel
MacArthur-McClement-Steckel

Give Kessel the big body he needs on his line for defense.

Kessel demoted to the 3rd line?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad