Recalled/Assigned: Ryan Hamilton Up

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON
I'm already looking ahead to Saturday against Boston. I'm hoping we won't get bullied like usual with the likes of Orr, Hamilton, Fraser, Komarov now in this lineup.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I'm a big fan of Hamilton and he's having a fantastic year in the A. Likely no more than an AHLer but I could see him 4th line in the NHL. If he were to go through waivers, I bet we'd lose him. Excited to see what he can do for the Leafs.

Have to wonder though, with Kadri, Frattin, Kostka, Fraser and now Hamilton up here, how badly are the Leafs ravaging the Marlies team?

Prototype

Nov 7, 2011
Hope it's an emerg. recall, because I would hate to lose Hamilton to the waivers.

Does anyone know if he has a 2-way deal?

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Hope it's an emerg. recall, because I would hate to lose Hamilton to the waivers.

Does anyone know if he has a 2-way deal?

Yes it is an emergency recall....Brown was placed on IR.

He will get more than 4th line minutes......lets see if he can contribute in the first 3 lines. Lots of space for him.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
- Mike Brown suffered a shoulder injury at the end of his fight with Mike Weber Tuesday night. Doesn't sound too serious, but he missed practice on Wednesday and could be out against the Capitals.
- Colton Orr also sat out the practice, fighting a flu bug.

Watching Brown go down at the end of that fight, my shoulder started hurting.

leafspring*

- Mike Brown suffered a shoulder injury at the end of his fight with Mike Weber Tuesday night. Doesn't sound too serious, but he missed practice on Wednesday and could be out against the Capitals.
- Colton Orr also sat out the practice, fighting a flu bug.

Watching Brown go down at the end of that fight, my shoulder started hurting.

Go see a doctor about that;)

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
weber pinned him hard to the ice the *****

hamilton with a goal could make komarov sweat on rw
you play with kadri and all you have is 1 assist and 6 shots?

palmateer67

Feb 6, 2010
New York City
JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Hamilton-Grabovski-Kulemin
Frattin-Kadri-Komarov
McClement-Steckel-Orr

It's still a pretty pathetic top 9...QUOTE]

These lines are a good call...except for the 'pathetic' notation. These are solid players that need ice time with each other to develop. Think about it. The Leafs are .500 right now with one top scorer goal-less and the other out for another five weeks. Give these guys a break!

DaveT83*

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Hamilton-Grabovski-Kulemin
Frattin-Kadri-Komarov
McClement-Steckel-Orr

It's still a pretty pathetic top 9...QUOTE]

These lines are a good call...except for the 'pathetic' notation. These are solid players that need ice time with each other to develop. Think about it. The Leafs are .500 right now with one top scorer goal-less and the other out for another five weeks. Give these guys a break!

Proof that we don't even need them ... ?

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
If it's still just McClement playing there, I say why not.

I also wouldn't mind trying him with Kadri and Frattin to see if they have some chemistry, they should all know each other pretty well from the AHL.

Komorov can play in Brown's usual spot on the 4th.

Agreed. No point bringing up a kid with Hamilton's skill set to play a few minutes a night as a bruiser on the 4th line.

SteveV*

@jonasTSN1050

Shoulder strain for Mike Brown. Out a week.

Oh well, guess he'll be back ;)

DaveT83*

Hamilton is the new Zigomanis - Book it - Cherry is gonna get such a boner for him.

Chips*

I thought I read that given the new CBA, players weren't susceptible to waiver claim on recalls, only on demotions to the AHL.

leafspring*

I thought I read that given the new CBA, players weren't susceptible to waiver claim on recalls, only on demotions to the AHL.

Mess knows this stuff like the back of his hand. ask him.

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010
So with Mclaren is Hamilton sent right back down again? No longer an emergency call up after today?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->