Player Discussion Ryan Getzlaf

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
interestingly enough their possession numbers have plummeted since swapping Kase out for Comtois. Hopefully they can keep up the production though, if they can continue to get results then their underlying numbers are irrelevant.

that face off win and Getz goal last night was a thing of beauty. Lol

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
interestingly enough their possession numbers have plummeted since swapping Kase out for Comtois. Hopefully they can keep up the production though, if they can continue to get results then their underlying numbers are irrelevant.
Isnt kase one of the more dominant possession # guys in the league... not really surprising.

Comtois doesn't control the game much at this point in time... but he does go to the right area and find ways to get on the score sheet.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
We still don’t have anybody who’s as deceptive with the puck as Getz or who has a comparable offensive mind. Hopefully Zegs can become that

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
We still don’t have anybody who’s as deceptive with the puck as Getz or who has a comparable offensive mind. Hopefully Zegs can become that
We do, he's just no where as strong as Getzlaf so you can't see it completely yet.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
We do, he's just no where as strong as Getzlaf so you can't see it completely yet.

Assuming you mean Terry? He definitely has some of the same good qualities but he’s nowhere near at the same level as Getz in terms of deception. Getzlaf is one of the best in the league as disguising passes, Terry has a long way to go to get there.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
The Athletic's recent articles about Getz have been great. I love how committed he is to Anaheim and also to be on a team that doesn't "try to lose." I love hearing the captain say that when there are some on this board that want to trade everyone and blow it up.

Was literally about to post something similar.

I just read the two part article from Stephens in the athletic and it was a really good read. If anyone isn’t rooting for Getzy to age gracefully, finish his career here and make the HOF I don’t know what to say. He’s a class act and plays hockey the way it’s meant to be played.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I hope Getzlaf plays past this contract and finishes his career in Anaheim.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
52882.jpg

cut.jpg

4946e8a96e206e964bb7b8f409588da9.jpg

cut.jpg

465085755.jpg

omieje-getzlaf37.jpg

Getzlaf in some different jerseys from over the years. He is a Stanley Cup Champion and our greatest center ever and will now be a member of 1000 game club all as a Duck once he plays today's game at home against the Blackhawks. Hopefully when he retires it will be as a career Duck playing for no other NHL team.

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
52882.jpg

cut.jpg

cut.jpg

465085755.jpg

omieje-getzlaf37.jpg

Getzlaf in some different jerseys from over the years. He is a Stanley Cup Champion and our greatest center ever and will now be a member of 1000 game club all as a Duck once he plays today's game at home against the Blackhawks. Hopefully when he retires it will be as a career Duck playing for no other NHL team.
Those eggplant jerseys are so sick from the socks up

Reactions: Deuce22

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
52882.jpg

cut.jpg

cut.jpg

465085755.jpg

omieje-getzlaf37.jpg

thanks for this compilation!

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Greatest Duck of all time. Going to be depressed as hell when he hangs them up, really hope he's got a few more years left in him yet.
I became a Ducks fan because of Teemu and I always thought that for me and probably many others he'd be the greatest Duck all-time. But I'm starting to think differently. Getzlaf has been and still is such an all-encompassing force on the ice as well as being a likable person off the ice as well. It's going to leave a huge hole when he calls it a career. Not only for the team but in the hearts and minds of all Ducks fans and hockey fans in general.

The Finnish bias probably makes it harder for me to replace Teemu. After all I grew up watching highlights of him tearing up the NHL in his rookie season and I was a Teemu fan well before being a Ducks fan. But Getzlaf has been a Duck his whole career and I don't see that changing, and he has had a fantastic career so far already.

With all that said, he could well be the greatest Duck. Of all time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad