Confirmed with Link: Ryan Ellis traded to PHI. Preds get Myers from PHI and Glass from VGK

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
I am glad Poile is making some good decisions but it doesn’t erase his inability to put together a Cup winner at least once in his long career. I think the country club extends to the FO, it’s just that ownership has to make changes there.
Totally agree with that. The nepotism of having his son in the org to the hiring of Hynes based on personal relationships with other members of the corporate team. Hold up a mirror David. Some of the failure isn’t on the ice.

Reactions: hockey diva

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Found it interesting in Glass' introductory presser that he gained 12 lbs while out with the knee injury and wasn't able to get back up to his top speed between the surgery and the weight gain. I would assume that he'll be in top shape coming into camp this year so maybe he'll surprise us.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Found it interesting in Glass' introductory presser that he gained 12 lbs while out with the knee injury and wasn't able to get back up to his top speed between the surgery and the weight gain. I would assume that he'll be in top shape coming into camp this year so maybe he'll surprise us.

If hes not in top shape when hes gonna be here getting his "change of scenery" second chance then Poile or someone didnt scout this kids head well enough

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
If hes not in top shape when hes gonna be here getting his "change of scenery" second chance then Poile or someone didnt scout this kids head well enough
What I had read from the Vegas posters was that it wasn't an "out of shape" 12 lbs, but a conscious training effort to "bulk up". Which nonetheless produced the same result in terms of losing speed and effectiveness. :dunno:

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
What I had read from the Vegas posters was that it wasn't an "out of shape" 12 lbs, but a conscious training effort to "bulk up". Which nonetheless produced the same result in terms of losing speed and effectiveness. :dunno:
Yeah, if you add 12lbs, even if it is muscle, and you're not skating then it will take some time to get used to that weight.

Reactions: triggrman

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Not to mention he is essentially rehabbing a knee. Yeah it might be fixed but sometimes it takes a while for that thing to feel right. Add the 2 together and it doesn't surprise me at all about what Vegas is saying. The trick to all of that is if it's a permanent thing or just a short term one.

Reactions: nine_inch_fang

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Glass was one of those reed thin, lanky body types as a teenager, twenty-year-old in Juniors. Developing his strength and adding muscle mass is essentially a must-do if he is going to have a longer, successful NHL career. As long as he's working with the trainers, medical staff, and coaches to mold his physique into one that can withstand the beating of the NHL, he's doing the right things.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Early returns on this trade.. not so good. Myers in the doghouse while Glass got immediately sent back down.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Trade for Futures!!!
Trade for Futures!!!
Trade for Futures!!!
Trade for Futures!!!
Trade for Futures!!!

RAWR I'M ANGRY THE "FUTURES" AREN'T WORKING OUT RIGHT THIS MINUTE!!!

Yeah, obviously still a lot of time left but neither Glass nor Myers are teenagers anymore, based on their ages they should be breaking into the league right now. Especially seeing Boro or Benning over Myers in the lineup frustrates me.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
From what we heard from some fans of both teams I'm not that surprised. Really sounds like both were pushed out there way to early instead of being properly developed. In the case of Glass it looks like it led to injuries on top of it.

I fully expected both to need some work.

Reactions: nine_inch_fang

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Yeah, obviously still a lot of time left but neither Glass nor Myers are teenagers anymore, based on their ages they should be breaking into the league right now. Especially seeing Boro or Benning over Myers in the lineup frustrates me.
Glass is still on his ELC and won't turn 23 until the end of this season. Myers is older and will be turning 25 this season so it may be a little more make or break for him but being a defensemen he still has some time and he's not THAT far away, he is playing off and on in the NHL, he needs to work on some parts of his game mentally to read and react the way the coaches expect and the team needs.

That being said, considering the developmental path of both players I don't think anyone in management considered them to be guaranteed starters this year. They fully expected to need to do some development and coaching to get these players to be NHL regulars. Glass in the AHL and Myers on a rotation in the NHL.

Judging this trade at this point is ridiculous. But, if you're going to judge it you also have to look at the added value of Fabbro paired with Josi and Carrier paired with Ekholm. In my estimation Ellis being shipped to make room those two is 100% worth it without consideration of the return.

Edit: Myers and Carrier are the same age but Myers wasn't even drafted. To think that he might need a little more time to become a regular NHLer isn't that far fetched.

From what we heard from some fans of both teams I'm not that surprised. Really sounds like both were pushed out there way to early instead of being properly developed. In the case of Glass it looks like it led to injuries on top of it.

I fully expected both to need some work.
Exactly, you can't pick up a couple of broken toys that are being sold at garage sale prices without expecting to put in some work fixing them.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2007
Exactly, you can't pick up a couple of broken toys that are being sold at garage sale prices without expecting to put in some work fixing them.
Same exact concept as trying to get Eichel.
His upside is bigger, turnaround shorter (~ 1 year vs a couple years for the prospects).
And he can give the team that bets wisely on him, the value of several good new players.
Eichel’s got the guaranteed all star, if not HOF, talent. Just needs health work.
All this little gaggle of prospects has is, well, neither ! In several cases anyway.
But we love em unconditionally. And love that we love them. And love each other for loving them. Oooh Weeee !!

Last edited:

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Same exact concept as trying to get Eichel.
His upside is bigger, turnaround shorter (~ 1 year vs a couple years for the prospects).
And he can give the team that bets wisely on him, the value of several good new players.
Eichel’s got the guaranteed all star, if not HOF, talent. Just needs health work.
All this little gaggle of prospects has is, well, neither ! In several cases anyway.
But we love em unconditionally. And love that we love them. And love each other for loving them. Oooh Weeee !!

LOL
Saying Eichel "just needs health work" is like saying the Titanic "just has some water damage"

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity
Jul 12, 2007
Lol, yeah I like how people keep describing him as being somewhere between Stephen Hawking and Christopher Reeve. Very accurate and honest, haha.

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Lol, yeah I like how people keep describing him as being somewhere between Stephen Hawking and Christopher Reeve. Very accurate and honest, haha.
Name another " hall of fame talent " that had a similar injury and returned after surgery in full HOF form. Go ahead... I'll wait.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad