Confirmed with Link: Ryan Dzingel traded to Ottawa for Cedric Paquette, Alex Galchenyuk

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Apropos on nothing, I would like to use this moment to mention that we got Seth Jarvis with the TOR #13OA.

Absolutely why the Canes wouldn't want to do something like that (with us being on the Toronto end this time in trying to get rid of Dzingel). I suspect if the rumors he mentioned are true, the Canes probably did a quick "no thanks".

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Cedric Paquette, right handed shooter.
Forgive me for saying this if y'all already know it...

There is this rule in the formatting of pages of books (etc) where you're not supposed to have the photo subject's gaze looking to the outside of the book...they are always supposed to be looking toward the center (or neutral). Maybe this mirrored image is an attempt to follow that rule...? :dunno:

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
So Galchenyuk has fallen so far that he cleared waivers? Good grief.

I'm going to miss Dzingel. If Gally is really that bad off then I wish we had traded someone else to get Paquette. If somebody gets hurt Dzingel is probably the first guy you look at that can move up in the lines. Not sure we have one of those now.

With the way Jarvis has started off with Chicago I would be pretty comfortable giving him a look, which is really an astounding thing to say. I figured Galchenyuk was going to end up going to the taxi squad, but either way the nearly 2 mil in cap savings with this move is a pretty big deal come deadline time.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
With the way Jarvis has started off with Chicago I would be pretty comfortable giving him a look, which is really an astounding thing to say. I figured Galchenyuk was going to end up going to the taxi squad, but either way the nearly 2 mil in cap savings with this move is a pretty big deal come deadline time.

And if it’s a short look they can still slide Jarvis’s contract. I wouldn’t mind Jarvis getting 2-3 games as a reward if there’s a sudden short term need for a forward later in the season.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
And if it’s a short look they can still slide Jarvis’s contract. I wouldn’t mind Jarvis getting 2-3 games as a reward if there’s a sudden short term need for a forward later in the season.
Sliding may be risky business this year... do they pro-rate the 9 games downward to match the shortened season that may end up being even shorter than planned for at least some teams?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad