Former Bruins Ryan Donato - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Donato? Acciari? It's an odd thing to call such a small group. I assume if Grzelcyk falls off he'll be added as well. Do we include Fitzgerald (AHL) as well? Does McAvoy count since he went to BU????
And just what Zip Code? Do we include counties or Districts as well???

Also, what is the point of it anyways? That is the true question.

Reactions: Tbrady12

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
This is what leaders do, bring clarity to adverse situations. Krug hits on attitude, challenges further development, brings in personal experience and reiterates the end goal. (oh, and btw, took some heat off of Tuukka the other night by saying he deflected the shot - not sure he did but understands the grumblings surrounding his team mate). He is a leader.

And people want to trade this guy?

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Never underestimate The Zip Code Gang!

You also confuse your predictable nature for knowledge. No matter what the situation was, you would have this exact same comeback for anyone who was advocating for a local player.

Last I checked, no one was advocating Jimmy Hayes hang around because he was from Dorchester. Maybe people believe Griz is a good player...because they actually think he is. Also, the concept that you can somehow say that none of these players would be on rosters of ANY OTHER NHL TEAM is beyond preposterous.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
And people want to trade this guy?

Some do, yes. Others, like me, worry about how we will be able to afford his raise in 2 summers. we have three RFAs next summer, and two more RFAs the summer after that.
If they can get it done and Krug take a home discount as the first line did, I am all in.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Some do, yes. Others, like me, worry about how we will be able to afford his raise in 2 summers. we have three RFAs next summer, and two more RFAs the summer after that.
If they can get it done and Krug take a home discount as the first line did, I am all in.

Well, things may change in the hockey revenue department with legalized gambling, so you never know where the cap will be in a year or two

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
You also confuse your predictable nature for knowledge. No matter what the situation was, you would have this exact same comeback for anyone who was advocating for a local player.

Last I checked, no one was advocating Jimmy Hayes hang around because he was from Dorchester. Maybe people believe Griz is a good player...because they actually think he is. Also, the concept that you can somehow say that none of these players would be on rosters of ANY OTHER NHL TEAM is beyond preposterous.
I said Noel Acciari wouldn't be on any other roster, NOT the other members of The Zip Code Gang.
Listen, I don't mind that you continuously call me out on this, but please don't misquote me. Thanks.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
This ZIP Code Crew nonsense is talk show fodder. Its creating a conspiracy theory to garner interest in the theorist.

Ryan Donato is not playing on the Bruins for 20+ games because he is a local boy or because his dad is a Bruins Alumni from playing with the GM.
Ryan Donato earned his shot out of school purely on his play and was given a respectable about of games to show he deserved a spot on the roster.
Otherwise he would not have been given the thumbs up repeatedly by management through training camp when they could have signed and replaced him with Stempniak or another winger like Cehlarik.

The Bruins like bringing in local talent, its true, but is not an "under the table" "we are family" sorta thing, its because us fans love to cheer a local guy to success.

If anything, its the fans fault for that, not management.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Well...I have this feeling in my old bones we may never know.....or not for a long long time....so, back to Donato.

Thx

Sounds ominous . . . :eek:

I also wonder if they put Donato at Center in Providence, but I would be surprised. His game in the NHL appears to be as a wing, and he couldn't handle the defensive responsibilities of that very well. The center role might be asking a bit much of the kid right now.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
One of those RFA's next year is Danton Heinen who, if he continues to play as he has for the past 60 games or so, will be a league minimum deal, Carlo and MacAvoy will cost. The year after is Bjork and DeBrusk, while I like DeBrusk neither of them is setting the world on fire. While you have to look at the cap moving forward with some of the players who are coming up as RFA's I would not be overly concerned.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
One of those RFA's next year is Danton Heinen who, if he continues to play as he has for the past 60 games or so, will be a league minimum deal, Carlo and MacAvoy will cost. The year after is Bjork and DeBrusk, while I like DeBrusk neither of them is setting the world on fire. While you have to look at the cap moving forward with some of the players who are coming up as RFA's I would not be overly concerned.

Absolutely this.

None of our RFAs are breaking the bank. The last year of Rask/Backes/Krejci there will be an expansion team looking to reach the cap floor. Our first line is massively underpaid and there are no awful deals other than Backes. K Miller with 2.5 left after this year might be the worst.

No reason to worry about the cap at all. Plenty of room for 1 more really good player like Panarin long term.

McAvoy and Carlo don't put up enough points to really cash in.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Absolutely this.

None of our RFAs are breaking the bank. The last year of Rask/Backes/Krejci there will be an expansion team looking to reach the cap floor. Our first line is massively underpaid and there are no awful deals other than Backes. K Miller with 2.5 left after this year might be the worst.

No reason to worry about the cap at all. Plenty of room for 1 more really good player like Panarin long term.

McAvoy and Carlo don't put up enough points to really cash in.

McAvoy, a 20 year old D who last year averaged more than 22 minutes per game as a rookie (second to only Chara) and had 32 pts (7g/25a) in only 63 games...

Is NOT going to cash in?

You heard it here first, folks.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
The zip code gang is funny because I would assume that would be a group of disgruntled New Englanders that Bruins fans hated or ran out of town over the years and are looking for revenge!
Gill, Vatrano, Hayes, Nilan, some guy named Sweeney whose first name isn't Don are looking to kick ass and take names!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad