Former Bruins Ryan Donato - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Looks like Heinen may be getting scratched.

As someone who likes what Heinen brings to the table, I don't hate the idea. I even said in the Heinen thread that he might be due to sit a game. That 2nd line has something with Krejci/DeBrusk and they just lack that 3rd guy to really make that line click. I hope Donato can be that guy. He's a shooter and if he can start to bury shots, he'll open things up for DeBrusk and Krejci.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I'm scratching my head at that second D pairing.

love Butch but he`s like every other coach, just has some players that, for whatever reason, trusts more or likes more to play. I like Acciari, not like Butch does and Kampfer? He was ok for a few games here and there but overall, I think there are stronger options

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
With heinen and Bjork failing miserably something has to change. Good luck Donato still scratching my head why they wouldn’t call up another p bruin and allow more time for Donato. . Perhaps a trade is in the works.

Last edited:

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Heinen out for Donato and Bjork out for Acciari are embarrassing moves that I don't understand and will never understand. All 3 should be playing. There's plenty of room.
Not sure there's room for all 3 right now with the way the roster is constructed.

The issue is you'd either have two of them on the 3rd line or one on each line 2-4, which doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

Marchand and Pastrnak on 1st
DeBrusk and one of Donato/Bjork on 2nd
Heinen and one of Donato/Bjork on 3rd with JFK/Cave (yuck)
Backes and one of Nordstrom/Wagner/Acciari on 4th

I don't see room for all 3 on the roster with lines that make sense.

If they had a stronger 3C (keeps coming back those this doesn't it) I'd be less inclined to gripe about a line of Heinen - 3C- Donato/Bjork, but they absolutely cannot roll that out with one of Cave/JFK centering it. Just can't.

Acciari can sit forever for all I care. He's been better lately, but "better" is still mediocre at best.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Heinen out for Donato and Bjork out for Acciari are embarrassing moves that I don't understand and will never understand. All 3 should be playing. There's plenty of room.

I think the embarrassing part is as a fan base we feel like we have a plethora of young forwards, but none of them have been able to fill our #2RW/#3C roles this season. I hate seeing Acciari on the 3rd line, but I guess you at least know what your going to from him night in and night out. Right now Heinen/Bjork are wildcards on any given night.

Just feels like this year none of the young guys have grabbed the opportunities and ran with it. Defensively I think 2-3 guys have ran with their chance, but up front its a different story. I know DeBrusk was "given" a top 6 spot last year, but he earned it as the season kept progressing. You don't really get that same feeling with guys this year.

You know me, I'm a fan of all 3 guys, but right now its been disappointing to start this season. I just want one of them to take their chance to capitalize on it.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Well here's to hoping he provides a spark! I like the kid as much as I do any of the other young guns (Except for Jake; i'm already a big fan of his),

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad