Injury Report: Ryan Callahan out 5 months after surgery (hip labral tear)

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
im all for stamkos back but want to keep 11-7 if possible just like getting different looks in the game vladdy kuch etc..

stamkos is fine he is not the reason our power play sucked or did well

i think now with drouin running the power play we would see a little difference kucherov and drouin have been good at moving around stamkos can do that also etc..

think is a non issue hes in game shape to me so let him play if he could hes a lot better than say having paquette in the lineup

just saying not trying to bus anyone lol

Im not so sure drouin stays has yzerman gotten over is attitude? Idk so Stamkos and drouin could
Both leave! But at least we could get a nice return for drouin!

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/lightning/no-steven-stamkos-ben-bishop-for-game-7/2279101
"There's nothing to update," Stamkos said. "That's all I can say.
While Bishop continues to make progress, he's still not ready, making tonight's decision easy.

"It wasn't really much of a thought," Bishop said. "I'm not there yet. You want to be out there, but it's not that close yet to have to debate."

Bishop is still targeting the Cup Final, if the team advances, to return.

"In four or five more days, we'll see," he said. "We'll kind of be in that maybe you can play, maybe you can't."
Stammer is starting to get close to the 2 month mark. He's had his procedure April 4th, 52 days ago. It took Vasy about 2 months to return to action after his surgery. He had his surgery September 3rd and made his return on a conditioning stint in the AHL on October 28. He'd make his NHL season debut November 1st.

I say that just for reference. There's no way of knowing if Stammer's recovery will coincide with the length of Vasy's. They were both originally listed as out for 1-3 months.

Also for what it's worth-

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If it's a medication thing, how could it possibly be a game-time decision? He's either in or out, and they know already.

18-91-27

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Not sure I like this. Feels like a massive distraction. :(

This is true if he's not playing, and if this is just gamesmanship on Coop's part. If he is playing, it slots our lines really well. Worried about the PP though.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
If he's playing then his teammates probably already know. Seems weird that coop wouldn't just squash it if he weren't.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If he's playing then his teammates probably already know. Seems weird that coop wouldn't just squash it if he weren't.

This is my feeling too. I think he's in.

Now let's see if Coop defies logic by choosing logical lines.

17-9-86
18-91-27
23-51-24

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
That's good only if he's playing. Otherwise I agree it's nothing but an eventual distraction.

Oh, please. If anything, it's a distraction for the Pens. The team knows who is and who isn't in the lineup. It's a distraction for the Pens, because they don't know if our #1 center is playing, and if they've prepared for that. Not seeing how it's a distraction for the Bolts.

wxkid23

Oct 7, 2014
Kissimmee, FL
You don't have to apologize, I don't care. It's the internet and I'm a big boy. All good.

select-bigboy.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad