Injury Report: Ryan Callahan out 5 months after surgery (hip labral tear)

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I have a personal hunch he'll be back if there's a game 7. If not, I'll lose mucho respect for the guy.

You'll lose respect for a person who doesn't want to risk ****ing dying ???? What a completely ridiculous thing to say.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Stamkos has to think about his health, have not lost any respect for him, and agree with his decision. This is not a selfish decision or about a contract stalemate. It's his life. Literally.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Y'all need to stop being stupid. He's on blood thinners because of a ****ing blood clot. This isn't a "tough it out" situation - this is a "play and you might die" situation.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/lightning/fleury-in-for-penguins-still-no-bishop-or-stamkos/2278477
Bishop, who suffered a lower left leg injury in Game 1, doesn't feel ready to return, and while he's hopeful to be back in this series, he won't rush it.

"It's tough being in the position we're in, kind of the last line of defense, you don't want to go out and play when you're not ready," Bishop said. "If you were maybe a forward you'd be okay to go out and tough through it. But as the last line of defense, you don't want to go out there and do that to your teammates. You've got to wait until you're ready to go and feel like you can help the team win."

The issue with Bishop is trying to feel comfortable doing certain movements, up and down, side to side, with his injury. He said he doesn't need to be 100-percent, as long as he feels good enough to be effective.

"I don't want to go out and give up a goal because you can't play your position, it wouldn't be fair to the guys," Bishop said. "You feel like you can get out there and help, but you want to make sure you're ready to be able to help."
There's also been no change in status for captain Steven Stamkos (blood clot), who continues to skate with the team. Stamkos won't play tonight in Game 5 and doesn't expect any new updates in the next few days.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
I don't blame Stamkos for not playing. I do blame him if his reason for not playing is that he wants to wait and see if we make it to the SCF before doing so. Nothing is going to change for him over the next week - either he wants to risk it or he doesn't. If he wants to risk it he might as well come back now, but there's no reason for him to wait another week unless he's being selfish and only wants to hop on the train at the end so he can hoist the Stanley Cup.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
I don't blame Stamkos for not playing. I do blame him if his reason for not playing is that he wants to wait and see if we make it to the SCF before doing so. Nothing is going to change for him over the next week - either he wants to risk it or he doesn't. If he wants to risk it he might as well come back now, but there's no reason for him to wait another week unless he's being selfish and only wants to hop on the train at the end so he can hoist the Stanley Cup.

Wow really? He will be back only if he receives medical clearance by team doctors. It's not like he is sitting back waiting to decide when to play. And whatever, he deserves to hoist the cup if it happens as much as anyone on team, even if they have to wheel him out there.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Well according to his quotes just a while ago he said there is no green light a doctor can give him so apparently it IS all up to him.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
If Stamkos could safely play right now I have no doubt he would be in the lineup tonight. There's just too much risk for him at the moment. This could be his last great chance at winning the cup no matter what team he's on next season and in the future, I doubt he'd hold himself back if he could help right now.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Y'all need to stop being stupid. He's on blood thinners because of a ****ing blood clot. This isn't a "tough it out" situation - this is a "play and you might die" situation.

Not trying to argue but any player can die on the ice if they're cut in the wrong place. Granted he's more susceptible to bleeding out faster due to the medication. He doesn't have a heart defect that will cause him to die if he over exerts himself out there. He's not gonna die if he plays.

I don't think he should play till the next round at the earliest if he even comes back. He hasn't played in awhile so not sure how much he'll contribute right now and not sure how he is mentally with this over his head. We're doing well without him right now.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
Well according to his quotes just a while ago he said there is no green light a doctor can give him so apparently it IS all up to him.

Exactly! He's not going to get some magical clearance over the next week that will tell him that it is safe to play. He has all the information he's going to get for the near future - it's time for him to man up and make a decision. If that decision is that he doesn't want to jeopardize his health then I completely respect that; what I don't respect is this "maybe I will, maybe I won't" ********.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Not trying to argue but any player can die on the ice if they're cut in the wrong place. Granted he's more susceptible to bleeding out faster due to the medication. He doesn't have a heart defect that will cause him to die if he over exerts himself out there. He's not gonna die if he plays.

I don't think he should play till the next round at the earliest if he even comes back. He hasn't played in awhile so not sure how much he'll contribute right now and not sure how he is mentally with this over his head. We're doing well without him right now.

Love you Hose.

Tampabear

Mar 5, 2014
I also don't blame him - he is six weeks away from what could be an 80 million dollar contract. No reason to risk that if he's not 100%.

Also - lol at "50% chance to re-sign him". First - no way you can say that with any certainty, and second - every win without him drops the price Yzerman is going to offer by a quarter a million a year.

And there is no way you can say that with any certainty either.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't think we see Stamkos this post season. This is Kucherovs team right now

It's like the Stralman case, you can tell he is not 100 percent from not playing and he is making bad plays. Stamkos coming back can actually hurt. We have 3 lines now flying and creating offense and chances. Why mess with that?

wxkid23

Oct 7, 2014
Kissimmee, FL
It's like the Stralman case, you can tell he is not 100 percent from not playing and he is making bad plays. Stamkos coming back can actually hurt. We have 3 lines now flying and creating offense and chances. Why mess with that?

Exactly. He could be addition with subtraction. Just let him heal and go to his brinks truck

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

is no debate here people take it from me. He has to get off the thinners and hose this is just wrong i moved a friggin rug day after christmas my leg bruised up 5 times normal size I still have an issue from getting leg caught between wall and dresser
I cant walk even a mile before my entire leg gives out and doesnt work locks up. THIS is five months later from the bleed in my leg?

THINK OF HIM HITTING A WALL ON HIS HEAD? death plain and simple and its not the friggin same as someone not on thinners jeez get some knowledge all of you before you start questioning heart or character

Personally? I THINK HES A MORON skating at all right now. One fall can truly end his life a bad fall to me its insane.

Just cause im like dupuis i hit the double blood clot got it healed out of heart lungs and came back.

So questioning him is stupid for him even to practice tasks balls and stupidity in this situation or lack of knowledge or not having anything bad happen which absolutely can go talk to pascal dupuis or just ask me:)

stamkos should not be on ice he has decided to be but theres a risk. I pray for him he is risking more imho than he should to be ready if he gets doctors to so ok your off go play. He is trying to not have rust any when/if ready to play.

I dont agree with this but so far its been ok and hope remains that way.

Anyone thinking otherwise you just dont want to look at the facts. IF you have a blood clot that is a heart issue lmfao unreal

"Many factors can lead to excessive blood clotting, leading to limited or blocked blood flow. Blood clots can travel to the arteries or veins in the brain, heart, kidneys, lungs and limbs, which in turn can cause heart attack, stroke, damage to the body’s organs or even death."american heart association

very simply this is no beuno for those who cant speak english or connect the dots

nyhockeyfan

Apr 9, 2014
If he comes back this round, how long do you think he will be on the ice before Letang goes for him? Especially the next game when they are facing elimination? It could be gruesome.

Everyone's already working hard enough to help out Vasi and Stralman. Protecting Stamkos would be another distraction. Besides, he wasn't a major producer in last year's playoffs.

I do feel bad for the guy though. Every hockey player dreams of playing in these games and he can't participate. Must be killing him.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
is no debate here people take it from me. He has to get off the thinners and hose this is just wrong i moved a friggin rug day after christmas my leg bruised up 5 times normal size I still have an issue from getting leg caught between wall and dresser
I cant walk even a mile before my entire leg gives out and doesnt work locks up. THIS is five months later from the bleed in my leg?

THINK OF HIM HITTING A WALL ON HIS HEAD? death plain and simple and its not the friggin same as someone not on thinners jeez get some knowledge all of you before you start questioning heart or character

Personally? I THINK HES A MORON skating at all right now. One fall can truly end his life a bad fall to me its insane.

Just cause im like dupuis i hit the double blood clot got it healed out of heart lungs and came back.

So questioning him is stupid for him even to practice tasks balls and stupidity in this situation or lack of knowledge or not having anything bad happen which absolutely can go talk to pascal dupuis or just ask me:)

stamkos should not be on ice he has decided to be but theres a risk. I pray for him he is risking more imho than he should to be ready if he gets doctors to so ok your off go play. He is trying to not have rust any when/if ready to play.

I dont agree with this but so far its been ok and hope remains that way.

Anyone thinking otherwise you just dont want to look at the facts. IF you have a blood clot that is a heart issue lmfao unreal

"Many factors can lead to excessive blood clotting, leading to limited or blocked blood flow. Blood clots can travel to the arteries or veins in the brain, heart, kidneys, lungs and limbs, which in turn can cause heart attack, stroke, damage to the body’s organs or even death."american heart association

very simply this is no beuno for those who cant speak english or connect the dots

Bruising easily is quite normal for those on blood thinners but not life threatening. People on blood thinners still need to live a normal life, they don't remove knives from their house because they may cut themselves slicing fruit. He's in danger if he slices a serious artery or hits his head but any other player can be too in that situation.

His blood clots aren't from a heart issue. Yes he can throw a clot and get a PE, heart attack or stroke but so can a regular Joe under the right circumstances. Like I said he shouldn't play but he's not flirting with death if he does.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Bruising easily is quite normal for those on blood thinners but not life threatening. People on blood thinners still need to live a normal life, they don't remove knives from their house because they may cut themselves slicing fruit. He's in danger if he slices a serious artery or hits his head but any other player can be too in that situation.

His blood clots aren't from a heart issue. Yes he can throw a clot and get a PE, heart attack or stroke but so can a regular Joe under the right circumstances. Like I said he shouldn't play but he's not flirting with death if he does.

Hose I'm surprised they are even letting him practice! Because if he lost a blade and fell head first into the boards he could be in trouble. No he can't play blow to the head could kill him.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I'm pretty sure if his condition were that fragile he wouldn't touch the ice at all. Didn't we just get details about how he can skip doses in order to play? Why are we acting like he could bleed out at any moment? There's still plenty of risks, like developing another clot, but getting severely bruised and bleeding out probably aren't among them since I doubt any doctor would be okaying that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad