RW Vitaly Kravtsov - Traktor Chelyabinsk, KHL (2018, 9th, NYR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
He will be examined by the team doctor in Chelyabinsk today. He rejoins his team in the morning and he is a game time decision for today's game against AK Bars.

Tomorrow they start a road trip to Moscow, Riga and Bratislava. I heard he will be traveling with the team and they will decide on a game by game basis if he plays.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Thanks.

Would you say it's a good chance he has an opportunity to be on the Rangers next year ? I'm always excited to see another wave of talented players coming into the NHL

@Amazing Kreiderman thanKS for the chart!

Probably so. We’ll likely lose UFA’s Zuccarello and Hayes, so it would be easy enough to say that Kravtsov and Andersson will take their spots, and that’s the roster.

We could sign UFA’s, trades happen, sometimes players don’t earn spots, so we’ll have to see what happens.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Thanks.

Would you say it's a good chance he has an opportunity to be on the Rangers next year ? I'm always excited to see another wave of talented players coming into the NHL

@Amazing Kreiderman thanKS for the chart!

I expect him to play, but don't expect him to run away with the Calder. To put things into perspective:

Since the 2004-05 lockout, only 1 player drafted 9th or lower has put up 50 points as a rookie teenager.

Reactions: DJB

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
I expect him to play, but don't expect him to run away with the Calder. To put things into perspective:

Since the 2004-05 lockout, only 1 player drafted 9th or lower has put up 50 points as a rookie teenager.

Good thing he will be 20 most of his rookie season :D

Also, who is the 1 player?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
He might not be NHL ready to start next season.

He's pointless in his last 9 games, and has drifted closer to .4PPG than .5PPG with 17 in 41 games. He does have a low SH%, which does account for some of that, but I don't think it would be wise to expect a player who is not .5PPG in the KHL to be ready to play top 9 in the NHL the next season. We already saw with Andersson that expecting an early first to be ready to play in the NHL doesn't work.

It would be best for Kravtsov to play one more season in the KHL. The team is rebuilding. Why should we rush a player who isn't ready to play in the NHL? The AHL is not a good spot for Russian players, so that shouldn't be an option. Instead of listening to screaming fans, the GM should do what's best for this kid's development and let him stay one more season with Traktor.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Didn't he say himself he wanted to come over as soon as his season is over?

His scoring has dropped off, but he's also playing for a historically low scoring team. I wouldn't really take that as him needing another year as people who've watched him say his game has been the same apart from not getting on the scoreboard.

With that said, I would not be opposed to another year in Russia... absolutely cannot hurt him in any way. With Hayes and Zucc likely gone this team might be in even worse shape next year, so no reason to burn a year off his ELC

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
His scoring has dropped off, but he's also playing for a historically low scoring team. I wouldn't really take that as him needing another year as people who've watched him say his game has been the same apart from not getting on the scoreboard.

I don't know who these people are, but I have also watched him play. He's having a respectable season, but the facts are that as low scoring as his team is, and they are the second lowest scoring team in the league, he's 6th among forwards on his own team in PPG. He probably should have a few more points, and certain factors like his SH% and the team's inability to score goals play a part there, but I don't see it as wise to rush him to the NHL. There's no need to. If fans want to watch him play, they can watch him play in the KHL. Unless he makes a huge step in his play from now until training camp, he probably is not NHL ready to start next season.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
I'd keep him in the khl. If he plays in over 11??? Nhl games this season he is expansion draft eligible, right? No reason to waste a spot.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I'd keep him in the khl. If he plays in over 11??? Nhl games this season he is expansion draft eligible, right? No reason to waste a spot.
No way the Rangers would let him play over 11. Even if they stop right at 10 and send him to the AHL for a week or two.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
No way the Rangers would let him play over 11. Even if they stop right at 10 and send him to the AHL for a week or two.

Kravtsov isn't slide eligible at this point. If he signs an NHL contract when his KHL season is done and plays even 1 AHL game on that contract, the year counts because he will turn 20 by the end of the calendar year.

The only way he can play this season is on a PTO with Hartford, but I doubt that happens. If he truly is still injured, he'll take some time to let it heal and maybe play in the World Championships, assuming he is invited.

Reactions: bl02

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Just for the record, if I understood correctly, the common opinion in Russian press is that Kravtsov is playing with that triceps injury he got into at the WJC, since Traktor team can't afford to rest him at this point of the play-off race.
He was just picked to the Russian roster for the friendly tournament in Slovakia. Isn't it safe to assume he wouldn't have been if he was injured? Either that or the injury is very minor if it's still there at all.

I remember people saying Kuznetsov having a great finish to the season. Kravtsov has starteed his final push in late November already. Love it.

You don't say. I take it you jinxed him so I'm going for reverse jinx now. The team got healthy though, hard to expect big minutes to come his way.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Kravtsov isn't slide eligible at this point. If he signs an NHL contract when his KHL season is done and plays even 1 AHL game on that contract, the year counts because he will turn 20 by the end of the calendar year.

The only way he can play this season is on a PTO with Hartford, but I doubt that happens. If he truly is still injured, he'll take some time to let it heal and maybe play in the World Championships, assuming he is invited.

On that topic, he was called into the Russia B National Team, while Denisenko and Slepets were called into the A National Team. I don't think any of these guys have a real chance to play at the World Championships as thats usually only for the very best Russians in the KHL. But that doesn't seem to indicate he's anywhere near making the World Championship team, although I think he should be higher in the pecking order than Denisenko and Slepets who both barely have a footing in the KHL.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
On that topic, he was called into the Russia B National Team, while Denisenko and Slepets were called into the A National Team. I don't think any of these guys have a real chance to play at the World Championships as thats usually only for the very best Russians in the KHL. But that doesn't seem to indicate he's anywhere near making the World Championship team, although I think he should be higher in the pecking order than Denisenko and Slepets who both barely have a footing in the KHL.
The Sweden games roster is pretty bizarre, I would hardly call it an A team and B team. It's like they just wanted to keep the guys from the same team together. I mean 6 Loko guys are going there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad