RW Vitaly Kravtsov - Traktor Chelyabinsk, KHL (2018, 9th, NYR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I am impressed by the little I've seen of this kid. Definitely seem to be going under the radar. Just based off some highlights (and his numbers the past two years) he looks like a 1st rounder.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Is he a C or RW

I remember something about him being a C but I can be getting him mixed up with someone else. When I saw him play he was a RW though

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I read concerns about his hockey sense. Can anyone who watches him more closely confirm?

I don't think he is an especially 'high IQ' player... but he is not bereft of hockey sense and is not often out of position etc at either end of ice for me. If he was a guy with a very high IQ he would be a top 10 pick though...

His physical package is fantastic though, as are his skills... great skater, great shot, fantastic hands. He also works really hard all 200ft of ice.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

Hey Caser, how do you see Kravtsov vs the other Russians (except Svech) this year and in years past ?

I watched one MHL game and he was far and away the best, most skilled player and he made some sick feeds.

Saw him in the VHL as well and while he had trouble without the puck (normal for a kid vs men), he still looked like the most skilled player.

I honestly don't understand why hes not talked about more.

I think he'd outscore every draft pick if he was in the MHL this year.

Denisenko is doing pretty good considering his team, but Kravtsov creates so much offense and I find him even more talented.

I feel almost crazy for seeing him as a top 10 pick, but he was real impressive.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Hey Caser, how do you see Kravtsov vs the other Russians (except Svech) this year and in years past ?

I watched one MHL game and he was far and away the best, most skilled player and he made some sick feeds.

Saw him in the VHL as well and while he had trouble without the puck (normal for a kid vs men), he still looked like the most skilled player.

I honestly don't understand why hes not talked about more.

I think he'd outscore every draft pick if he was in the MHL this year.

Denisenko is doing pretty good considering his team, but Kravtsov creates so much offense and I find him even more talented.

I feel almost crazy for seeing him as a top 10 pick, but he was real impressive.

Well, he lacks exposure, kind of wasn't consistent enough at the start of the season and also it is hard to estimate overall hockey IQ here and all that combined with a rather strong draft result in his current ranking position. I personally rank him second behind Svech among the Russian prospects currently this year, as I think that the way he looks Vs. pros in the KHL and the VHL is seriously underrated.

bagsw

Apr 17, 2016
Saint Petersburg, Russia
Watching him against Neftekhimik in the first playoff game. Looks like he gained some more confidence and feels more comfortable with physically strong men.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Watching him against Neftekhimik in the first playoff game. Looks like he gained some more confidence and feels more comfortable with physically strong men.

Confidence is great, of course, but I hope, he'll score some points. It will make him even more confident for sure.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
He is moving up my top20 for sure, could be higher, very rarely you see a player competing and contributing in the KHL at 18 years old.

bagsw

Apr 17, 2016
Saint Petersburg, Russia
I’ve been watching his games for past two years and think that he is very talented guy. But there is so much work for him to become NHL level player. Firstly, he often struggles when opposing team plays physical and fast hockey. He must become stronger, but in that case he can lose his lightness.
Also I have strange feeling about his shot. Sometimes it looks to weak, but sometimes he can do crazy things.
If you want to compare him to Kuznetsov, you can find some similarities, but I was sure that Kuzy would be very good player. In case of Kravtsov I’m sure that he will be good enough for KHL but can struggle in North America.
Result: skilled guy that can play smart, but need to work a lot. Good developing organization with late first round pick should forget about anybody else and take this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad