RW Vitaly Kravtsov - Traktor Chelyabinsk, KHL (2018, 9th, NYR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Scored 2 points in 4-1 victory over Torpedo. 1+3 after 16 games. Close to Kaprizov's pace, btw. Kirill scored 4+4 in 31 games in his draft year. Rubtsov couldn't score even a pont in 15 games in his draft + 1 year.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Should be on the WJC roster. Most of the SuperSeries contributors aren't better.
He definitely should be. Especially after the dull showing of Mr.Rubtsov and Mr.Abramov in the Q games and the overall abysmal talent level beyond AA-16, Sokolov, Samorukov, Manukyan in the series there are numerous spots up for grabs.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Surely underrated or am I missing something? I’ve seen him on like one list in the first round (something like #29) and barely a mention anywhere by anyone. He’s a productive, contributing KHL regular before his draft. Granted Traktor seem to blood youngsters way earlier than lots of KHL franchises and they aren’t like setting the league on fire this year but that track record should simply be a plus and this is definitely not some schlub organization.

Is there something about his game that doesn’t project all that well? He’s also got a great frame at 6’-2”. Is there some known”Russia factor” at work here? I don’t want to turn this into the same debate in every single Russian prospect thread, I’m asking are there known reasons why Kravtsov isn’t getting more love or is he simply underrated?

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Surely underrated or am I missing something? I’ve seen him on like one list in the first round (something like #29) and barely a mention anywhere by anyone. He’s a productive, contributing KHL regular before his draft. Granted Traktor seem to blood youngsters way earlier than lots of KHL franchises and they aren’t like setting the league on fire this year but that track record should simply be a plus and this is definitely not some schlub organization.

Is there something about his game that doesn’t project all that well? He’s also got a great frame at 6’-2”. Is there some known”Russia factor” at work here? I don’t want to turn this into the same debate in every single Russian prospect thread, I’m asking are there known reasons why Kravtsov isn’t getting more love or is he simply underrated?

What a Russian factor, if they refuse to invite him to Russian national teams? He didn't play at WJC U18, and now Bragin didn't invite him as well.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
So basically he is underrated by both North American scouts and the Russian national team hierarchy? Great size, smooth skater, intelligent, productive at an early age in a tough league...what's the red flag here keeping him out of the top 15 of draft lists and out of the Russian youth teams?

NikF

Sep 24, 2006

Kravtsov was #7 in our latest ranking (October) with 1st round value. Part of the reason why there might not be much "hype" about him is the fact he hasn't got much international exposure so far and to be honest he did not exactly set the world on fire in his rare international appearances when he did get the chance.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
So basically he is underrated by both North American scouts and the Russian national team hierarchy? Great size, smooth skater, intelligent, productive at an early age in a tough league...what's the red flag here keeping him out of the top 15 of draft lists and out of the Russian youth teams?

Well, he was cut off from U18 Team Russia right before World Championship, because "he had bad marks in the school". At least, it was what the head coach said.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
As far as I understand, Kravtsov played on the 2nd Russian team at U20 4 Teams Tournament in Russia but failed to score even a point. So yeah, I doubt he will play at this year's WJC.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
As far as I understand, Kravtsov played on the 2nd Russian team at U20 4 Teams Tournament in Russia but failed to score even a point. So yeah, I doubt he will play at this year's WJC.

You are probably right, but thats a bad way to judge who should make the team, in my opinion.

Reactions: Atas2000

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Scoring is not how coaches will evaluate players from that series.

If you like scoring though, he's had 2 assists just 2 days ago and in the KHL, not some junior friendlies tournament.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
He is making a case, even Bragin can't overlook the season that he is having.

I think he has a shot.

He sucked on Russian 2nd U20 team. And he's still just 17 yo, and Bragin doesn't like underagers a lot. I mean he'll be 18 at the WJC start, but still underager.

Last edited:

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
We don't know what Bragin will do. An invitation to camp is always possible.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Another goal, 3+3 after 24 games. Tarasenko scored 13+11 in 42 games at the same age and was picked 16 oa. So Kravtsov is probably good for the 3rd round or even later.

Last edited:

FrankGallagher

Oct 6, 2015
#19 on the Sportsnet list. Good to see him getting some recognition but honestly seems like he should be even higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->