RW Vitaly Kravtsov - Traktor Chelyabinsk, KHL (2018, 9th, NYR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Scored 2 goals in the 3rd game so far (Traktor is winning 3-1 in the 2nd). So it's 3 goals in 3 playoff games. Not bad for 18 yo kid. He's playing on the 1st line right now, that's why all the goals, I think.

I hope for a hatty.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
12:48 TOI
Very difficult game against very dirty team. This experience would be helpful for Vitaly

Very dirty indeed, crazy end to the game. Whoever 55 is tried to sucker punch anyone possible.

And Makarov tried to dive in the 2nd period and it ended with Kravtsov getting obliterated for no reason. I'm glad he escaped the game without injury.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I have him ranked at 20 right now and for a while, kids a beast

FrankGallagher

Oct 6, 2015
Had him #16 last month but I think he's emerging as a legitimate top 10 talent in the draft. Has the total package with skill, skating, and size. Heard some concerns about IQ but I don't see them and think his creativity is pretty high end The fact he's playing well in the KHL already is also more than impressive. I think many scouting services and casual fans are sleeping on him cause he's not been at any major international events and plays men instead of dominating 16 year olds

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Had him #16 last month but I think he's emerging as a legitimate top 10 talent in the draft. Has the total package with skill, skating, and size. Heard some concerns about IQ but I don't see them and think his creativity is pretty high end The fact he's playing well in the KHL already is also more than impressive. I think many scouting services and casual fans are sleeping on him cause he's not been at any major international events and plays men instead of dominating 16 year olds

He was #11 on my most recent list.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Teams are gonna be kicking themselves when they pass on this guy. He really shouldn't drop below #15th overall.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
Heard some concerns about IQ

Lol. Follow him closely. He often skates from outside right in to get a puck and shot. And often that shot goes in (as against Neftekhimik). He plays this kind of game, I don't see any IQ problems at all.
People should understand that scoring 3 goals (and counting) in a men's league playoff series >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> scoring 20 in junior hockey

Reactions: Chuck Downie

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
Teams are gonna be kicking themselves when they pass on this guy.

This.
The guy's a stud, and has progressed a huge lot in the latest season. He has played great in the VHL too. The VHL isn't the best of the leagues of course, but it's a great test for younger prospects. Good skater, good size, elite offensive positioning and a deadly shot and nose from the net. A great Russian asset that has a lot of potential as future value for any franchise.

FrankGallagher

Oct 6, 2015
Lol. Follow him closely. He often skates from outside right in to get a puck and shot. And often that shot goes in (as against Neftekhimik). He plays this kind of game, I don't see any IQ problems at all.
People should understand that scoring 3 goals (and counting) in a men's league playoff series >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> scoring 20 in junior hockey
Ya I literally said I don't see those concerns. He is a good hockey player and definitely more than smart enough

FrankGallagher

Oct 6, 2015
Sorry, I badly worded my post. I wasn't directing it at you, but at those as expressed such concerns.
No worries. I agree for some its easier to see "high IQ" in guys making plays with more time and space against players they're way better than in juniors. I think how he's performing against men takes a lot more hockey sense

Reactions: Lays

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Miles ahead of Denisenko who I find overrated. Hopefully Shafigullin starts to get some hype as well he deserves it, Iskhakov recently started to get noticed. Russian prospects are always underrated but I guess it’s justified with the complications of coming over sometimes and how their game translates, if Kravtsov was any other nationality he’d be getting a shit ton of hype

NikF

Sep 24, 2006
Miles ahead of Denisenko who I find overrated. Hopefully Shafigullin starts to get some hype as well he deserves it, Iskhakov recently started to get noticed. Russian prospects are always underrated but I guess it’s justified with the complications of coming over sometimes and how their game translates, if Kravtsov was any other nationality he’d be getting a **** ton of hype

Kravtsov was profiled as a Top 10 Euro prospect in our last year's draft guide. We have had him in the 1st round all season long.

Iskhakov has been in our 2nd round since October.

Shafigullin was part of our latest rankings released inside the Winter Blue Dispatch a month ago.

Obviosuly we do try to take into account how difficult it might be for their game to translate, we do that for prospects of all nationalities anyways :) I guess Russians can be a bit harder to project sometimes for reasons you mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad