RW Vitaly Kravtsov - Traktor Chelyabinsk, KHL (2018, 9th, NYR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Nope not like #failfornail was a thing or that he didn't score 100 points in his D-1 season in the Ohl. He was a bust the moment he was selected
Yes and Kravtsov was selected #9 so naturally he can play, you know. The point remains that by the stat provided he is doing worse than NHL bust and better than 2 NHL superstars. So, what does that tell exactly?

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Yes and Kravtsov was selected #9 so naturally he can play, you know. The point remains that by the stat provided he is doing worse than NHL bust and better than 2 NHL superstars. So, what does that tell exactly?
So why bother posting anything about prospects and their stats at all?

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
So it doesn't make you think that the stat, based on which the player who ultimately didn't make it in the NHL is leading the parade over its superstars, might not be greatly valuable? That all those guys are different players and were in different situations and even D+1 without a context doesn't tell all not to mention 24 games into it?

Anyway, all I'm saying this is a stat posted at a random point in time and the sample size taken obviously favors Kravtsov. Somebody could have posted "Yakupov scored 18 points in 22 games and Kravtsov scored 8". Well it's true but does that tell anything? It's just the same to say "Kuznetsov had an 18% share in his team's goals after 24 games and Kravtsov has 25%". Ok, great. So what?

But the stat isn't posted at a random point in time. It's posted after Kravtsov's first 24 games in his D+1 season. And then compared with Tarasenko and Kuznetsov's numbers in those exact circumstances

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
So it doesn't make you think that the stat, based on which the player who ultimately didn't make it in the NHL is leading the parade over its superstars, might not be greatly valuable? That all those guys are different players and were in different situations and even D+1 without a context doesn't tell all not to mention 24 games into it?

Anyway, all I'm saying this is a stat posted at a random point in time and the sample size taken obviously favors Kravtsov. Somebody could have posted "Yakupov scored 18 points in 22 games and Kravtsov scored 8". Well it's true but does that tell anything? It's just the same to say "Kuznetsov had an 18% share in his team's goals after 24 games and Kravtsov has 25%". Ok, great. So what?

The only reason you're saying this is a random point in time is because you didn't see the previous stats I have posted over the course of the season. Just because you missed those, doesn't mean they weren't there. You make it sound like I waited all season until the numbers favored Kravtsov.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
That Yakupov was a really good propsect ruined by Edmonton. All these stats say is that Kratsov is off to a good start to the season, and that his numbers (and contribution to his teams offense) are similar to two other former top Russian prospects in their D+1 season in the Khl. You're the one looking so far into this and talking about these players whole seasons when we have no idea how Kratsov's season is going to finish

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Since I was using just random numbers (of games played), here we go.

After 10 games:
Kuznetsov 4 points on 30 goals (13%)
Kravtsov 3 points on 17 goals (17%)

After 15 games:
Kuznetsov 8 points on 44 goals (18%)
Kravtsov 6 points on 28 goals (21%)

But hey, I was just using the 24-game benchmark to make Kravtsov look good compared to Kuznetsov :laugh:

Reactions: shinchanuuhh

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012

After 10 games:

After 15 games:

But hey, I was just using the 24-game benchmark to make Kravtsov look good compared to Kuznetsov :laugh:

Yes, because this discussion wasn't at all about taking small sample sizes and me making the point Kuznetsov started his D+1 really slow :facepalm: Whatever, I guess I will just wait a few months and go back to the topic then. Hopefully Kravtsov stacks up just as good after 44 games as he did after 24.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Yes, because this discussion wasn't at all about taking small sample sizes and me making the point Kuznetsov started his D+1 really slow :facepalm: Whatever, I guess I will just wait a few months and go back to the topic then. Hopefully Kravtsov stacks up just as good after 44 games as he did after 24.

So you're saying I should wait for the season to be over before posting comparisons. Wow, that will be fun. We can never compare KHL prospects between August and February then. And this here below is what started all this. 24 games isn't some elaborate number that I used because Kravtsov had 4 points in 4 games (When Kuznetsov had 5 points in 4 games in that same stretch between game 21 and 24) instead of doing it a week ago.

It is also pretty significant that the elaborate number of games taken in the post "coincides" with the stretch when Kuznetsov scored at 0.5 PPG while he scored 1 PPG over remaining 20 games.

No need to take anything away from Kravtsov, he is having a good season. But crafting these elaborate stats just so player A would look good in comparison to player B.. To me that's just a try to mislead people.

But hey, whatever makes you happy. It's almost 3 AM. It was fun. So far we have established that Kravtsov's involvement in his team's goals was greater than Kuznetsov after 10 games, 15 games, 20 games and 24 games.

Reactions: shinchanuuhh

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
And this here below is what started all this.
Nope, this is what started it:

It is also pretty significant that the elaborate number of games taken in the post "coincides" with the stretch when Kuznetsov scored at 0.5 PPG while he scored 1 PPG over remaining 20 games.

No need to take anything away from Kravtsov, he is having a good season. But crafting these elaborate stats just so player A would look good in comparison to player B.. To me that's just a try to mislead people.

Fair enough, we have indeed established that at no point over those 24 games had Kuznetsov's numbers looked better than Kravtsov's. It is, however, also known that Kuznetsov doubled his PPG pace from this point on. Lets see how Kravtsov does.

bagsw

Apr 17, 2016
Saint Petersburg, Russia
Nope, this is what started it:

Fair enough, we have indeed established that at no point over those 24 games had Kuznetsov's numbers looked better than Kravtsov's. It is, however, also known that Kuznetsov doubled his PPG pace from this point on. Lets see how Kravtsov does.
Come on, that were just numbers. Nobody tells taht Kravtsov is better then Kuznetsov, Gretzky or whatsoever. Just statistics.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017

After 10 games:

After 15 games:

I highly doubt Kuznetsov sniffed Kravstov's toi totals.

Just looked it up and Kuznetsov played 1:30 less per game. Significant but not a crazy amount less.

Last edited:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Kravtsov seems to be the main focus in the week leading up to the U20 Four Nations.

upload_2018-11-5_13-16-19.png

Reactions: Alluckks and bl02

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Played last two games in U20 as center. Nice to see that he did it well
I remember right after he was drafted someone said that Rangers might look to try him at C as he’s played there in the past. That’d be great for us if he can work there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille