RW Vitaly Kravtsov - Traktor Chelyabinsk, KHL (2018, 9th, NYR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Love the first assist for his diligent work on the forecheck against 2 players. for an 18 year old its nice to see some of the physical maturity to be able to do that against grown men.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012

Considering Kuznetsov went PPG in the remaining 20 games he has played that season and ended up leading the team in scoring despite missing 10 games factoring in ~27% of the goals his team has scored in the games he's played that season overall it feels pretty bush league to post this #contextmatters post at the time when it fits Kravtsov's agenda the best.

If Kravtsov keeps up the similar pace is this guy going to create a post with data how Kuznetsov went into beast mode in the last 20 games of the season having points on ~40% of his team's goals while winning WJC in the process?

Last edited:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Considering Kuznetsov went PPG in the remaining 20 games he has played that season and ended up leading the team in scoring despite missing 10 games factoring in ~27% of the goals his team has scored in the games he's played that season overall it feels pretty bush league to post this #contextmatters post at the time when it fits Kravtsov's agenda the best.

If Kravtsov keeps up the similar pace is this guy going to create a post with data how Kuznetsov went into beast mode in the last 20 games of the season having points on ~40% of his team's goals while winning WJC in the process?

It's pretty significant that Traktor in 2010-11 scored 40% more goals than the team in 2018-19. Instead of just looking at individual numbers, it's good to look at what team those players are on when drawing comparisons.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
It's pretty significant that Traktor in 2010-11 scored 40% more goals than the team in 2018-19. Instead of just looking at individual numbers, it's good to look at what team those players are on when drawing comparisons.
It is also pretty significant that the elaborate number of games taken in the post "coincides" with the stretch when Kuznetsov scored at 0.5 PPG while he scored 1 PPG over remaining 20 games.

No need to take anything away from Kravtsov, he is having a good season. But crafting these elaborate stats just so player A would look good in comparison to player B.. To me that's just a try to mislead people.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
It is also pretty significant that the elaborate number of games taken in the post "coincides" with the stretch when Kuznetsov scored at 0.5 PPG while he scored 1 PPG over remaining 20 games.

No need to take anything away from Kravtsov, he is having a good season. But crafting these elaborate stats just so player A would look good in comparison to player B.. To me that's just a try to mislead people.
But this isn't talking about the entire season for any of these players, its each of their first 24 games of the season

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Well, apologies for not using my DeLorean to check what the production of Traktor and Kravtsov is in the coming months and include that in today's tweet.

theVladiator

May 26, 2018

What's the problem here exactly? Stats for full D+1 season are not available for Kravtsov, season is in progress, 24 games is all we got for him. The only proper way to compare to other players is to compare same portions of D+1 seasons. These are very young players, and half a season of adjustments certainly can matter a lot for them. You have proven this yourself by giving Kuznetsov example. Nothing is wrong with this comparison, calm down.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
But this isn't talking about the entire season for any of these players, its each of their first 24 games of the season

Well, apologies for not using my DeLorean to check what the production of Traktor and Kravtsov is in the coming months and include that in today's tweet.
How about you simply take out the calculator and run the numbers after 21 games before Kravtsov scored 36% of his production this season in 12,5% of games played? Kravtsov had 7 points in 21 games a week ago. How about running the numbers then?

You are really trying to tell these 24 games is just a number out of the clear blue sky, has nothing to do with the fact Kravtsov is hottest he has ever been and riding a 3-game point streak at the moment while Kuznetsov started the season kinda slow and his numbers look relatively bad, even compared to his averages that season not to mention stretches when he was actually hot?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
What's the problem here exactly?
The problem is that stats like this are based on a small sample size and like I mentioned in a post, it would have looked a lot different a week ago. So basically this is a stat based on a 3-game stretch which is an extremely small sample size and enhanced by the fact that Kuznetsov started that season rather slow as well.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
How about you simply take out the calculator and run the numbers after 21 games before Kravtsov scored 36% of his production this season in 12,5% of games played? Kravtsov had 7 points in 21 games a week ago. How about running the numbers then?

You are really trying to tell these 24 games is just a number out of the clear blue sky, has nothing to do with the fact Kravtsov is hottest he has ever been and riding a 3-game point streak at the moment while Kuznetsov started the season kinda slow and his numbers look relatively bad, even compared to his averages that season not to mention stretches when he was actually hot?

Actually, I've been doing this since game 5

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016

No he didn't pick 24 games "out of the sky". That's the amount of games Kratsov has played so far this season. Again these stats aren't about the whole season its just the first 24 games of the season. You're talking about the whole season but we have no idea how Kratsov is going to do for the rest of the season, its literally just his season so far. It's not that hard to understand

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
The problem is that stats like this are based on a small sample size and like I mentioned in a post, it would have looked a lot different a week ago. So basically this is a stat based on a 3-game stretch which is an extremely small sample size and enhanced by the fact that Kuznetsov started that season rather slow as well.

Really? It would have looked different a week ago? In games 21-24, Kuznetsov had 5 points. In that same stretch Kravtsov had 4 points.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
No he didn't pick 24 games "out of the sky". That's the amount of games Kratsov has played so far this season. Again these stats aren't about the whole season its just the first 24 games of the season. You're talking about the whole season but we have no idea how Kratsov is going to do for the rest of the season, its literally just his season so far. It's not that hard to understand

Yes, and I also didn't just start doing this. It's not as if I waited for the numbers to look good. I've been tracking this since the start of the season.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Really? It would have looked different a week ago? In games 21-24, Kuznetsov had 5 points. In that same stretch Kravtsov had 4 points.
And in those games Kuznetsov's Traktor scored 14 goals while Kravtsov's 9. Which, fair enough, would make Kuznetsov's numbers look even worse, Tarasenko's a lot better and Kravtsov would lose 5,6% share. Which seems like a pretty significant difference to me.

Yes, and I also didn't just start doing this. It's not as if I waited for the numbers to look good. I've been tracking this since the start of the season.
And yet you posted this at the time when Kravtsov's numbers look best they ever had. After he has 4 points in 3 games despite having 1 in 7 before.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
And in those games Kuznetsov's Traktor scored 14 goals while Kravtsov's 9. Which, fair enough, would make Kuznetsov's numbers look even worse, Tarasenko's a lot better and Kravtsov would lose 5,6% share. Which seems like a pretty significant difference to me.

So Kravtsov's numbers would look slightly better a week ago compared to Kuznetsov. I honestly don't see your point. And as I said before, I've been tracking this since the start of the season. I didn't just start posting about this after 24 games.

And yet you posted this at the time when Kravtsov's numbers look best they ever had. After he has 4 points in 3 games despite having 1 in 7 before.

Just because you only see it now, doesn't mean the comparison content wasn't there before.

But hey, I am not a bad guy. For you alone, I will post the Kuznetsov's and Kravtsov's numbers after 20 games, since Kuznetsov was your main focus in all this:

Kuznetsov: 7 points on 50 goals (14%)
Kravtsov: 8 points on 35 goals (22%)

Last edited:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
So Kravtsov's numbers would look slightly better a week ago compared to Kuznetsov. I honestly don't see your point. And as I said before, I've been tracking this since the start of the season. I didn't just start posting about this after 24 games. Just because you only see it now, doesn't mean the comparison content wasn't there before
It also doesn't mean that "comparison content" doesn't fluctuate in a matter of days which was my point all along. 24 games into the season is an extremely random point in time and for players as streaky (Kravtsov has 55% of his points in 3 games played this season) it just doesn't provide anything significant.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
It also doesn't mean that "comparison content" doesn't fluctuate in a matter of days which was my point all along. 24 games into the season is an extremely random point in time and for players as streaky (Kravtsov has 55% of his points in 3 games played this season) it just doesn't provide anything significant.

For you.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
In their D+1 year? Of course he was. He was picked 1st overall just months before.
So it doesn't make you think that the stat, based on which the player who ultimately didn't make it in the NHL is leading the parade over its superstars, might not be greatly valuable? That all those guys are different players and were in different situations and even D+1 without a context doesn't tell all not to mention 24 games into it?

Anyway, all I'm saying this is a stat posted at a random point in time and the sample size taken obviously favors Kravtsov. Somebody could have posted "Yakupov scored 18 points in 22 games and Kravtsov scored 8". Well it's true but does that tell anything? It's just the same to say "Kuznetsov had an 18% share in his team's goals after 24 games and Kravtsov has 25%". Ok, great. So what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad