RW Vitaly Kravtsov - Traktor Chelyabinsk, KHL (2018, 9th, NYR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Watching clips of Kravtsov at this tournament and hearing everyone sing praises for this kid is getting me so excited. Sounds like a great kid too after hearing his interview following the tournament. I hope he can keep it up, we really could use a talent like that here in NY

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
No he wasn't, you can check his face-off stats, those are available.

Returning to Kravtsov, in this tournament he was centered by Shen and I guess it didn't look too bad except for the face-offs, so probably it is gonna stay that way for at least their next tournament.

Big question is about that 'next tournament' - i'm not sure that Traktor will let him go to the CAN/RUS Series for two weeks.

I'm looking at it, Kostin Klim He took faceoffs as seen, but I also distinctly remember him having the C assignment in some tournament, it was either the first or second time I saw him.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
No he wasn't, you can check his face-off stats, those are available.

Returning to Kravtsov, in this tournament he was centered by Shen and I guess it didn't look too bad except for the face-offs, so probably it is gonna stay that way for at least their next tournament.

Big question is about that 'next tournament' - i'm not sure that Traktor will let him go to the CAN/RUS Series for two weeks.
Luckily it's not for Traktor to decide in our league. No team should be ever allowed to deny a NT callup.

So it will be Bragin's decision. Obviously Kravtsov is one of the locks for the WJC. There is no need for him to battle for the spot. But what if the coach wants to put him in some role deliberately? Let him play on the small rink, let him play against Canadians, let him get that experience before he faces some top notch junior hockey at the WJC.

The team of course can talk to Bragin, but he is btw not going to miss much as there a EHT break during those two weeks. I bet he'll be there.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Luckily it's not for Traktor to decide in our league. No team should be ever allowed to deny a NT callup.

So it will be Bragin's decision. Obviously Kravtsov is one of the locks for the WJC. There is no need for him to battle for the spot. But what if the coach wants to put him in some role deliberately? Let him play on the small rink, let him play against Canadians, let him get that experience before he faces some top notch junior hockey at the WJC.

The team of course can talk to Bragin, but he is btw not going to miss much as there a EHT break during those two weeks. I bet he'll be there.

I meant that Traktor may say that Kravtsov is too important for them, so they are letting him go only to a 4 Nations Tournament that will be held at the EHT break, not for the two weeks of the Series.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Kravstov and Chytil may be impact players.

We need top 10 players at their position in the NHL. Outside chance for those players at being that. It’s not a slight on them or any of our better players. They are tasked with an unfair burden. It’s a slight on management.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
We need top 10 players at their position in the NHL. Outside chance for those players at being that. It’s not a slight on them or any of our better players. They are tasked with an unfair burden. It’s a slight on management.
Who is to say those players won't end up being a top 10 center or wing in the NHL?

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I don't think there are many prospects at all who you can say will definitely be top 10 players at their position in the NHL - including, Petterson, Mittlestadt, Heiskanen, etc.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't think there are many prospects at all who you can say will definitely be top 10 players at their position in the NHL - including, Petterson, Mittlestadt, Heiskanen, etc.

There aren't, and there aren't many elite players in the NHL. We don't need to be equal to everyone else in this area. That doesn't get you a trophy. We already are behind almost every team in the NHL when it comes to elite players at positions other than goalie, so being behind at having elite prospects makes the situation even worse.

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
To be fair. Anaheim drafted both Getzlaf and Perry in the later half of the 1st round in 2003. Both have broken top 10 at their respective positions through their careers. Now that was a loaded draft but I count at least 10 out of the 1st 18 who probably wish they picked 1 of those 2.

Just saying. The book is open on Chytil and Kravtsov till they prove otherwise.

Last edited:

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
There aren't, and there aren't many elite players in the NHL. We don't need to be equal to everyone else in this area. That doesn't get you a trophy. We already are behind almost every team in the NHL when it comes to elite players at positions other than goalie, so being behind at having elite prospects makes the situation even worse.

We all saw this coming a few years back when we were doing anything we could to win a cup. You make it sound easy to acquire elite prospects. Its honestly just as much, if not more luck, than it is scouting and developing players at 18 years old. I would certainly be disappointed if both turned into “depth players” as you referred to them. They both have top line potential, and star ceilings

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
We all saw this coming a few years back when we were doing anything we could to win a cup. You make it sound easy to acquire elite prospects. Its honestly just as much, if not more luck, than it is scouting and developing players at 18 years old. I would certainly be disappointed if both turned into “depth players” as you referred to them. They both have top line potential, and star ceilings

And they failed to win a Cup, as well.

I never said its easy, but I think over-drafting an "NHL ready with lower upside" center because you have a hole at 3C on your NHL team or taking a slightly off the board winger when winger is pretty much the strength of your team is somewhat dumb. Gorton's strategy to begin last season also was counter to trying to get a high pick. Why are you signing Shattenkirk and Smith for a rebuilding team? I think what we saw was an in-between strategy that didn't work, he realized it a couple months into the season, and then was stuck with two big contracts, a mediocre but not awful team, and a team that made some decisions as if they were rebuilding and some as if they were contending.

I don't think I said they were depth players. I said they are depth, which is different from a depth player. I think a depth player is most likely a lower-line or pair player on most teams. Depth in the context of how I meant it was to say they are complimentary players to the needed elite players. They are along the lines of Zibanejad, Buchnevich, Skjei, Kreider, Zuccarello types. Maybe marginally better or worse, but not stars around the league. If you made a list of the top 50 skaters in the NHL, the Rangers wouldn't even have one player on that list, and you know it. We probably wouldn't even have one player on a list of the 75 best skaters in the NHL. Teams don't win Cups that way. If we turn it around, it'll likely have more to do with 2019 or 2020 draft picks than anything from the last few drafts. Those players, as you took exception to, will likely be the depth to help out hopefully the stars we draft in the upcoming drafts.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigdog16

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Sjalin and Ronning could also end up top 10 players at their position, you could become the head coach, I could become the GM. All unlikely things to happen. Should we account for every unlikely thing that could happen as "a possibility"?

The amount of certainty this guy has about uncertain things. No one on this board is a bigger hockey scouting legend.

Last edited:

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
And they failed to win a Cup, as well.

I never said its easy, but I think over-drafting an "NHL ready with lower upside" center because you have a hole at 3C on your NHL team or taking a slightly off the board winger when winger is pretty much the strength of your team is somewhat dumb. Gorton's strategy to begin last season also was counter to trying to get a high pick. Why are you signing Shattenkirk and Smith for a rebuilding team? I think what we saw was an in-between strategy that didn't work, he realized it a couple months into the season, and then was stuck with two big contracts, a mediocre but not awful team, and a team that made some decisions as if they were rebuilding and some as if they were contending.

I don't think I said they were depth players. I said they are depth, which is different from a depth player. I think a depth player is most likely a lower-line or pair player on most teams. Depth in the context of how I meant it was to say they are complimentary players to the needed elite players. They are along the lines of Zibanejad, Buchnevich, Skjei, Kreider, Zuccarello types. Maybe marginally better or worse, but not stars around the league. If you made a list of the top 50 skaters in the NHL, the Rangers wouldn't even have one player on that list, and you know it. We probably wouldn't even have one player on a list of the 75 best skaters in the NHL. Teams don't win Cups that way. If we turn it around, it'll likely have more to do with 2019 or 2020 draft picks than anything from the last few drafts. Those players, as you took exception to, will likely be the depth to help out hopefully the stars we draft in the upcoming drafts.
Chytil and Kravtsov have realistic elite potential though. Not saying they’ll be elite but the potential is certainly there.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Some of you are in denial, and want to pass your denial off as my problem. Of course, when you end up almost certainly being wrong, there will be no thought of why did I attack some stranger who supports the same team as me for being objective?

Ranger fans specialize in being in denial about their hockey team. They've said for years that we could win a Cup without the ingredients that 90%+ of recent Cup winners have had. Your team is not privileged. Stop thinking so.

Reactions: bigdog16

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Some of you are in denial, and want to pass your denial off as my problem. Of course, when you end up almost certainly being wrong, there will be no thought of why did I attack some stranger who supports the same team as me for being objective?

Ranger fans specialize in being in denial about their hockey team. They've said for years that we could win a Cup without the ingredients that 90%+ of recent Cup winners have had. Your team is not privileged. Stop thinking so.
And we could have, we lost almost every game to the Kings in OT and didn't go to the final next year mainly because of injuries.

Last edited:
Reactions: SnowblindNYR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad