RW Vitaly Kravtsov - Traktor Chelyabinsk, KHL (2018, 9th, NYR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leopain

Jun 15, 2017
About the rookie of the year controversy, Kravtsov has recently said he will offer his trophy to Tolvanen.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
How many points so far for kravtsov in the exhibition games? How many games?

theVladiator

May 26, 2018
i have a feeling this is a pick that will be heavily debated in the off-season after the draft but he will prove his doubters wrong very quickly. Similar to Petterson after he was drafted

Who is debating this pick? Who was debating Peterson? As far as I can tell both went around where they were projected to. If anything Peterson is similar to Hughes, he was often called the most talented player in the draft, but his slight frame dropped him in the rankings. Interestingly in both cases the Canucks were less concerned than other teams picking in that area.

Kravtsov came on late in the season, but he was supposed to go around 10 (I think McKenzie had him at 12, and McKenzie is as close to actual teams draft lists as there is). Some parroting ranking services and obviously less informed fans were as usual behind the 8-ball here, but let's not set the bar at that level.

CanuckCity

Aug 23, 2012
Budapest
Who is debating this pick? Who was debating Peterson? As far as I can tell both went around where they were projected to. If anything Peterson is similar to Hughes, he was often called the most talented player in the draft, but his slight frame dropped him in the rankings. Interestingly in both cases the Canucks were less concerned than other teams picking in that area.

Kravtsov came on late in the season, but he was supposed to go around 10 (I think McKenzie had him at 12, and McKenzie is as close to actual teams draft lists as there is). Some parroting ranking services and obviously less informed fans were as usual behind the 8-ball here, but let's not set the bar at that level.

On the team boards there was a lot of debating especially from canucks fans. I also recall in the draft thread a lot of people laughing at the kravstov pick. Then again its usually the uneducated/casual fans who are the most vocal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad