RW Vitaly Kravtsov - Traktor Chelyabinsk, KHL (2018, 9th, NYR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Some of you are in denial, and want to pass your denial off as my problem. Of course, when you end up almost certainly being wrong, there will be no thought of why did I attack some stranger who supports the same team as me for being objective?

Ranger fans specialize in being in denial about their hockey team. They've said for years that we could win a Cup without the ingredients that 90%+ of recent Cup winners have had. Your team is not privileged. Stop thinking so.
Not a Rangers fan, but I would say that Kravtsov is an elite talent that projects to be a very talented top 6 player. On the other hand, I do agree that a lot of Rangers fans need to pump the brakes on chytil and Andersson. I think Chytil is the better prospect and he had a great year, but I still don't think he is projecting to be a solid top 6 player like Kravtsov is. I would say that he is projecting to be a top 9 forward based on what he has accomplished so far. After a little more experience at the nhl level, I think he could change my mind though.

Reactions: Sticktape

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Not a Rangers fan, but I would say that Kravtsov is an elite talent that projects to be a very talented top 6 player. On the other hand, I do agree that a lot of Rangers fans need to pump the brakes on chytil and Andersson. I think Chytil is the better prospect and he had a great year, but I still don't think he is projecting to be a solid top 6 player like Kravtsov is. I would say that he is projecting to be a top 9 forward based on what he has accomplished so far. After a little more experience at the nhl level, I think he could change my mind though.
Chytil had one of the best season for a 18 old player in the AHL, he is projecting to be at least a top 6 winger.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Top 6 is not the same as an elite player. Do any of these players project as top 10 at their position in the NHL? No, they don't.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012

Chytil not top-6 this season or even beyond? This seems harsh if the latter.

Reactions: bl02

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I know this is a Kravtsov thread but I’d bet good money Chytil ends up at least a 2nd liner. 2 weeks away from 2018 draft, 2nd on his AHL team in PPG (1st was Peter Holland, mid season trade and they didn’t even play on the same line) and he’s dynamic offensively with great size. No way he isn’t projecting to be a top sixer. Chytil has 1C upside and it’s not even far fetched

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I know this is a Kravtsov thread but I’d bet good money Chytil ends up at least a 2nd liner. 2 weeks away from 2018 draft, 2nd on his AHL team in PPG (1st was Peter Holland, mid season trade and they didn’t even play on the same line) and he’s dynamic offensively with great size. No way he isn’t projecting to be a top sixer. Chytil has 1C upside and it’s not even far fetched

Depends what you consider a 1C to be. Top 31 center or top 10-15 center? I don't think he has the game to be the latter. Could he be somewhat comparable in ability to Zibanejad? Yes, although a different style, of course.

I'm not sure I'd say Chytil is dynamic offensively. He's good offensively and flashes very good, but he's not a constant dominant offensive player. I'm also not sure he's a center long-term. His defensive game for the NHL is not there yet. Its not bad, but I think its too early to know whether he'll play better centrally or on the wing.

ZestyMest

Sep 2, 2018
On the note of actually discussing the subject of this thread, was anyone able to watch Traktor's first game? I notice off of the game stats despite seemingly having a very good 1st period Kravtsov's minutes were halved for the next two, could anyone shed any light on why this happened?

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
On the note of actually discussing the subject of this thread, was anyone able to watch Traktor's first game? I notice off of the game stats despite seemingly having a very good 1st period Kravtsov's minutes were halved for the next two, could anyone shed any light on why this happened?
Well, he said he was tired from traveling, so maybe that is the reason he didn't get a lot of minutes.

Last edited:

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
The coach also kept his line together specifically Kravtsov and Stoa. So even though he personally didn't play as much, the whole line was kept together to keep building chemistry.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
The whole line seemingly got sheltered for some reason. Played very well in preseason together. Was odd. And I don't think a whole line would get sheltered just because Kravstov was still a bit jet-lagged from 4-Nations.

But the team as a whole basically spent the entire game in the defensive zone and got less than 20 SOG, soooooooooo... :dunno:

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I may be seen as a biased Rangers fan, but from watching the game today, I think his line...when they were on the ice...were generating some very good offensive chances and did a lot of good work. We'll see how it goes during the rest of the season, but Kravstov and Stoa work together, so they'll find a way.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Depends what you consider a 1C to be. Top 31 center or top 10-15 center? I don't think he has the game to be the latter. Could he be somewhat comparable in ability to Zibanejad? Yes, although a different style, of course.

I'm not sure I'd say Chytil is dynamic offensively. He's good offensively and flashes very good, but he's not a constant dominant offensive player. I'm also not sure he's a center long-term. His defensive game for the NHL is not there yet. Its not bad, but I think its too early to know whether he'll play better centrally or on the wing.
You expect Chytil to be a constant dominant offensive player his first year in a new, better league? Especially a jump from Czech hockey to the AHL? At the ripe old age of 18? His flashes (which are there every game) have shown he has the potential to be a constant offensive threat-but in a season with all the factors I listed above, obviously he will be slightly inconsistent

Reactions: cg98

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
You expect Chytil to be a constant dominant offensive player his first year in a new, better league? Especially a jump from Czech hockey to the AHL? At the ripe old age of 18? His flashes (which are there every game) have shown he has the potential to be a constant offensive threat-but in a season with all the factors I listed above, obviously he will be slightly inconsistent

I didn't say that. I'm talking about what I've seen from him, whether thats in the AHL, preseason, playing for Czech Republic in the junior National Teams or the National Team.

I think he'll be very good. I also think Zibanejad is very good, Kreider is very good, Buchnevich is very good. Do I think he has potential to be one of the elite forwards in the NHL? No, I don't.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I didn't say that. I'm talking about what I've seen from him, whether thats in the AHL, preseason, playing for Czech Republic in the junior National Teams or the National Team.

I think he'll be very good. I also think Zibanejad is very good, Kreider is very good, Buchnevich is very good. Do I think he has potential to be one of the elite forwards in the NHL? No, I don't.
Not elite-elite but 70 points is not far fetched at all

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA

I disagree, i think your selling him short. If he hits his ceiling i believe he can be elite.

ZestyMest

Sep 2, 2018
I realize everyone, especially Pavel, is extremely clairvoyant about a single year’s worth of performance from Chytil about exactly how good of a player he will be but this thread is about Kravtsov.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I realize everyone, especially Pavel, is extremely clairvoyant about a single year’s worth of performance from Chytil about exactly how good of a player he will be but this thread is about Kravtsov.

It was about Kravtsov until a certain poster decided to flex his brilliant scouting muscles and make it about Chytil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad