RW Teemu Pulkkinen (2010, 111th overall, Detroit) II

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
That was very wierd game for him. He don't usually hit at all. Pulu should play like that in every game.

He used to hit a lot before his shoulder and wrist injuries. It's understandable for young player to take it easy after those kind of injuries. On the other hand, if you make a clean hit in today's SM-liiga, there's a 50-50 chance you'll get tossed out of the game. :shakehead

Stanleyjub

Oct 24, 2009
hockey
StatPack after WJC

9 GP 5+4=9 +4 41 sog 16.33 avg.toi

He'll be playing in SM-Liiga Winter Classic this Saturday, there was a stream last year. Maybe there will be this year too.

RomersWorld*

When does his contract end? I want him to play in grand rapids

He is signed til 12/13 I believe. So 1 more year after this.

Any chance of Pulkkinen re-entering the draft? If he doesn't sign an ELC this offseason then he goes back in the draft, right?

I don't see why he would, unless he thinks it would get him a lot more money. I think he will most likely come over in 2013 and play in Grand Rapids. I don't think he would cause any trouble about not playing in the NHL right away like another Wings' prospect, Dick Axelsson.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Any chance of Pulkkinen re-entering the draft? If he doesn't sign an ELC this offseason then he goes back in the draft, right?

I don't see why he would, unless he thinks it would get him a lot more money. I think he will most likely come over in 2013 and play in Grand Rapids. I don't think he would cause any trouble about not playing in the NHL right away like another Wings' prospect, Dick Axelsson.

It's more likely that Red Wings sign him to an ELC but he'll play the first year in Finland.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site

Actually it wouldn't be a bad idea for him to do so. If he doesn't sign and re-enters, then I can see him going high in the draft. Not like 1st round pick, but at least a high 2nd, and the team would probably bring him over right away with a nice contract.

Not a Blake Wheeler contract, but something better than a 4th round pick can get.

tikkanen5rings*

Actually it wouldn't be a bad idea for him to do so. If he doesn't sign and re-enters, then I can see him going high in the draft. Not like 1st round pick, but at least a high 2nd, and the team would probably bring him over right away with a nice contract.

Not a Blake Wheeler contract, but something better than a 4th round pick can get.

Why would any team waste a high 2nd rounder for Pulkkinen?
He is nowhere near NHL ready and there is a good chance he never will be.
How the hell is there a part 2 for this guy?

LuckyLuke87

May 11, 2010
Prague
1) Wings won't let him re-enter because they'll sign him.
2) Considering depth of this draft he would definately be 1st rounder, arguably top15 pick.

SaekkiPaelli

Oct 1, 2011
I was at the Jokerit- Ässät game a few days ago, and honestly he didn't impress me at all. He had 1 good check and 1 nice deke, which drew a penalty. That's about it. Expected a lot more, especially on the pp.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I was at the Jokerit- Ässät game a few days ago, and honestly he didn't impress me at all. He had 1 good check and 1 nice deke, which drew a penalty. That's about it. Expected a lot more, especially on the pp.

In case you missed it, the whole team stunk. Can't remember the last time I saw Jokerit playing that poorly. Utter mess right now. :help:

SaekkiPaelli

Oct 1, 2011
In case you missed it, the whole team stunk. Can't remember the last time I saw Jokerit playing that poorly. Utter mess right now. :help:

lol, I was just about to put that in my post as a sidenote. But I thought the fact that the whole team sucks doesn't mean you have to suck. Only player that played decent was Eronen.

Pulkkinen's skating looked horrible. It looks like a little kid that just tries to go as fast as he can without thinking about technique or anything. I think he has a lot of work to do before he is NHL ready.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
lol, I was just about to put that in my post as a sidenote. But I thought the fact that the whole team sucks doesn't mean you have to suck. Only player that played decent was Eronen.

Pulkkinen's skating looked horrible. It looks like a little kid that just tries to go as fast as he can without thinking about technique or anything. I think he has a lot of work to do before he is NHL ready.

It's true that he's playing worse than a year ago but it's emphasized by the whole team sucking donkey balls. Having to play with Tomi Mäki as your center (Riku Hahl didn't suit him and Lahti and only got to play one and 3/4 of a game with them before getting injured again today) and lack of a working offensive and lately even a defensive system aren't helping in anyway. Need I remind you about the worst powerplay in the league?

Hopefully Tomek Valtonen lights up a fire under his arse next season when he joins the coaching staff because the current staff doesn't seem to know how to teach the younger or older players anything.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
If he plays like he did against sweden in WJC more often...he will be a good NHL player. If not...good Europe player.

Dropkick Murphy

Jul 9, 2011
In the bubble
Hard to see any clear promise in Pulkkinen that he would be more than a one-two season player in NHL. He'll probably signs the rookie contract and after that expires returns to Europe.

Needles

Jun 29, 2010
He is in a slump right now, but we shouldn't overreact. He's been playing non-stop since the WJC so he could be just exhausted. I'm sure he will bounce back after the EHT break.

To be honest, he could use two more years in Europe. IMO, AHL won't do him any good.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
He is in a slump right now, but we shouldn't overreact. He's been playing non-stop since the WJC so he could be just exhausted. I'm sure he will bounce back after the EHT break.

To be honest, he could use two more years in Europe. IMO, AHL won't do him any good.

Depends on these factors: has he learned to defend better, become more physical/tolerant to physical play, gotten his skating/balance in order/improved and what the roster situation in Detroit/Grand Rapids is. If he's considered "a shoe in selection for Euro Hockey Tour tournaments", then he's got nothing more to learn in Europe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad