Confirmed with Link: Ducks sign Vyacheslav Buteyets to ELC (2 years, $852.5k AAV)

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
We are stacked at G. There is going to be some competition ahead.

Dostal
Gibson
Clang
Alexander
Clara
Buteyets
Suchanek

Reactions: McDonald19

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
No one in our goalie system gets me excited except Dostal and Clara. Those 2 seem like they have potential to be true #1s and with Dostal it’s more than just potential at this point - he’s somewhat proven already. The rest seem like long shots or have limited upside. I guess Clang would be next?

We’re solid in net moving forward, but people acting like we have 5 future #1s is a bit much

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
He is a goalie. They are black magic. His upside is hall of famer and his downside is a beer league goalie.

And in between is comedy gold.

why-mad-hockey.gif

Reactions: Firequacker

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
No one in our goalie system gets me excited except Dostal and Clara. Those 2 seem like they have potential to be true #1s and with Dostal it’s more than just potential at this point - he’s somewhat proven already. The rest seem like long shots or have limited upside. I guess Clang would be next?

We’re solid in net moving forward, but people acting like we have 5 future #1s is a bit much

I default to Suchanek being next or at least having the highest floor based on his AHL performance. The may use him as the third goalie on the depth chart this coming season, which means NHL time in the event of injuries. It's possible the rest (other than Dostal of course) run into some sort of wall and don't ever succeed to the same level as Suchanek already has.

Reactions: FiveHoleTickler

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017

Some teams don't have one #1 goalie, present or future.

The fact that we have so much potential in our system is worth noting, IMO.

Reactions: Rasp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad