RW Matvei Michkov - SKA-1946 St.Petersburg, MHL (2023 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Great shift on the cycle from the entire line which ends up with Gurzanov scoring, assist from Ivantsov and Michkov, building chemistry slowly :)

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
he lacks natural power right now, but he is an absolute ice dancer. imagine when he adds a gear or two? i for one am hoping for a hockey version of lionel messi

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
he lacks natural power right now, but he is an absolute ice dancer. imagine when he adds a gear or two? i for one am hoping for a hockey version of lionel messi

You never know but that would be a player in the Gretzky/Lemieux range so I doubt it

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Funny fact: it was the 5th new linemates for Michkov in 21 games. He started to play in the MHL with Lazutin and Dishkovskiy, then he was moved to Khusnutdinov and Spiridonov, then he played on Varyagi, his next line was with Marchenko and Khusnutdinov, then it was Ivantsov and Gurzanov and today he played with Manin and Tsyplakov.

Still the kid is on a PPG+ pace.

bagsw

Apr 17, 2016
Saint Petersburg, Russia
Funny fact: it was the 5th new linemates for Michkov in 21 games. He started to play in the MHL with Lazutin and Dishkovskiy, then he was moved to Khusnutdinov and Spiridonov, then he played on Varyagi, his next line was with Marchenko and Khusnutdinov, then it was Ivantsov and Gurzanov and today he played with Manin and Tsyplakov.

Still the kid is on a PPG+ pace.
Did you have a chance to take a look at his play against strong Dynamo team today?

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Did you have a chance to take a look at his play against strong Dynamo team today?

He was the best player on his line, which means, he made a couple of decent passes, that created a couple of semi-moments, so you can imagine, how good his line and linemates were. Overall, Dinamo just destroyed SKA 5-0. Michkov's zero-chemistry-line was probably the worst on the ice for both teams.

Reactions: bagsw

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

Gutik is 6'3, 176. Not the biggest guy, but still 20 lbs more, than Michkov.

Overall, though, another game, where Michkov didn't have a lot of chances to score. Zhuk and Shuidin are good players for the MHL level, but lack of chemistry didn't let them create a lot vs the best MHL defense.

Brucelenok

Aug 9, 2016
So apparently, Larionov wants to call up Michkov for December Russian U20 squad (obviously not a final list). Still even if Matvey won't make it in a final squad, this is huge news. I think he will be the first ever 15-year old called in u20 (Russian history). I don't think even Ovy and Malkin were called up in the junior team early like that, I may be wrong though. I know Ovy debuted for the senior team at 17 though...

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
So apparently, Larionov wants to call up Michkov for December Russian U20 squad (obviously not a final list). Still even if Matvey won't make it in a final squad, this is huge news. I think he will be the first ever 15-year old called in u20 (Russian history). I don't think even Ovy and Malkin were called up in the junior team early like that, I may be wrong though. I know Ovy debuted for the senior team at 17 though...

He won't make the final roster, he isn't ready. So it'd be actually better to not invite him to the camp, but let him play in the MHL.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
I know its apples to oranges as far as the leagues they played in are concerned but how would this guy compare to McDavid at the same age?

Based on production and highlights I've seen, this guy seems to be a step above Wright, Lambert, Bedard ect

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012

I told ya, dudes!

bagsw

Apr 17, 2016
Saint Petersburg, Russia
He won't make the final roster, he isn't ready. So it'd be actually better to not invite him to the camp, but let him play in the MHL.
Why not? Highly competitive camp with better players than in SKA-1946 may show him his level, it could be helpful for him in many aspects. Also a little opportunity for such a big talent is OK considering the extended roster this year and he may be used in PP.

Reactions: rightyright

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Why not? Highly competitive camp with better players than in SKA-1946 may show him his level, it could be helpful for him in many aspects. Also a little opportunity for such a big talent is OK considering the extended roster this year and he may be used in PP.

I think, he knows his level good enough. He couldn't do much vs Dinamo Moscow lately, and their defense maybe the best in the MHL, but still nothing close to WJC level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad