RW/LW Vasili Podkolzin - SKA St.Petersburg, KHL (2019, 10th, VAN) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Gotta give him this, Vasili is super strong with and without the puck. Just wow.
but god damn...his shot...god awful...good lord its bad,...at pro level,
his passing isn't that great either, at least not in this game.

Good skater, great drive, strong as an ox, with or without the puck.
but doesn't have the tools to score, produce offence, at pro level. (i know, my opinion)

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Gotta give him this, Vasili is super strong with and without the puck. Just wow.
but god damn...his shot...god awful...good lord its bad,...at pro level,
his passing isn't that great either, at least not in this game.

Good skater, great drive, strong as an ox, with or without the puck.
but doesn't have the tools to score, produce offence, at pro level. (i know, my opinion)
Bad take as always. Not so long ago he was regarded as a shooter only:sarcasm:

And his passing is the best among whole classes of prospects.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
well... looks like this is the break Vasily needed with half of his team taken out by COVID. 15+ minutes TOI so far.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
excellent game for Podz today given the situation! Lol it almost makes me wish he wasnt playing with such a good team so that he can have this kinda ice time and exposure every night.

2 more months then he is off to World Jrs!

Reactions: Luckylarry

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
His shot is holding him back a bit at this point, I think that's a pretty fair critique. But it feels it's not so much about the technique (compared to his peers) but about the pace he is playing the game at. He just isn't equipped to score at men's level while giving himself so little time yet. Reminds of Afinogenov in a way.

Reactions: CanuckCity

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
I'd really like to see Pettersson work with him on his shot. Pettersson is like the shot improvement king after what he did to improve.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I'd really like to see Pettersson work with him on his shot. Pettersson is like the shot improvement king after what he did to improve.

Lesson #1: Use a whippy stick.

Maybe Podz already is but from that replay it looked inflexible.

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
Remember reading before the draft that he had one of the best shots in the class. Wtf happened.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Remember reading before the draft that he had one of the best shots in the class. Wtf happened.

shot is not an issue. Confidence is hurt due to lack of ice time and maybe even self doubt. But I’m told the khl is a great league for developing prospects so what do I know right ?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
His shot is holding him back a bit at this point, I think that's a pretty fair critique. But it feels it's not so much about the technique (compared to his peers) but about the pace he is playing the game at. He just isn't equipped to score at men's level while giving himself so little time yet. Reminds of Afinogenov in a way.
This wonät age well, but will you admit it?

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
shot is not an issue. Confidence is hurt due to lack of ice time and maybe even self doubt. But I’m told the khl is a great league for developing prospects so what do I know right ?

Shot IS an issue, huuuuge one, nothing to do with lack of confidence.
I have no idea what those people been smoking who said those words about Podkolzin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad