RW/LW Vasili Podkolzin - SKA St.Petersburg, KHL (2019, 10th, VAN) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deezone

Nov 10, 2020
Are there any Canucks fans who are legitimately disappointed with Podkolzin? Seems like most of the hate he gets on here is from Pacific Division rivals or Finns. Of course, most were MIA when he was smoking it late last season.

I swear, it’s like they check on his game log every day and wait for three or four games without a point (without watching the actual games, of course), then run here to boast that they predicted a slump to try and validate their claim that he always was a bust or flawed.

Why do you care so much about every shift of another team’s prospect? Are you drafting for a keeper league? It’s not like this is an informative discussion either. Just a lot of noise and doubling down.

EVERY Coach / GM in the NHL would LOVE to have Podkolzin on their team....and would PAY handsomely to acquire him.
Everything else is just..... noise.

Reactions: tilly123123

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
I would just add the following.

You can not take any statement on draft day as the holy words. Prospects just say what their agents tell them to say. They just say what NHL clubs & media wants to hear. Nothing serious.

But what is very serious, but unfortunately never mentioned by anybody. I talk about the illegal moves by the NHL clubs. What I mean, the NHL clubs have no legal right to talk to any prospect/agent without written approval from their European clubs. In Podkolzin case, the Canucks have a legal right to talk to him on May 1, 2021 for the first time ever!! Just ask yourself if they follow this rule.

Just to make it clear..........The Canucks can talk to his agent anytime, and it does not break any contract law.

It is this grey area that allows some information exchange

Reactions: CanuckCity

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
People should google a little............I will help

https://thehockeywriters.com/top-10-best-ice-hockey-leagues/

Rating The Junior Hockey Leagues 2019 Edition – Top Twenty Leagues At All Levels

Also..........

Russia

Russian hockey has been on the map for decades now, and it is no secret that Russian developmental leagues have been helping young hockey players develop the talent necessary to make it to either the KHL or NHL. While the prowess of Russian hockey players such as Alexander Ovechkin, Pavel Datsyuk, and Alexei Kovalev has been well documented, the younger generation of hockey hopefuls in Russia could look to the MHL(Minor/Youth Hockey League) and MHL-B for some assistance.
The MHL’s Division A is composed of 33 teams from six different countries and is a major junior hockey league that accommodates players from the ages of 17-21. While the MHL and MHL-B (31 teams) were only established in 2009 and 2011, the leagues have quickly made names for themselves in the few years that they have been operational. For a pair of leagues that were only founded recently, the MHL and MHL-B sure haven’t shown any signs of slowing down their standing within European developmental hockey programs or the rate at which they develop young hockey players

Reactions: Fisticuffer

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Just to make it clear..........The Canucks can talk to his agent anytime, and it does not break any contract law.

It is this grey area that allows some information exchange
He is under contract with SKA. So, no other club can talk directly or indirectly to him or his agent. If a club wishes to do so, they need the written approval from SKA. As a result should be an agreement between Canucks & SKA about a sum of the transfer fee.

Of course, the NHL clubs do not honour this basic principle.

Now I read somewhere the Sens doing the same with Tim Stützle who is under contract with Adler Mannheim. Again, the steps should be as follows 1.require permission to talk to Tim, 2.if Sens agree on terms with him, then negotiating with Adler about the transfer fee. A transfer can happen only if Adler agrees.

Just you to imagine it. Is it normal in the NHL that a player under contract with Pens can freely negotiate with other NHL club, say Bruins? Without getting approval from Pens? And if a player agrees with Bruins, nobody cares what Pens demand? Because they can demand anything! Simply, their player has chosen voluntarily to leave Pens while joining Bruins!

Hoping this is a good example for you. I am 100% sure you do not approve that Pens-Bruins example. But, for some reason, you & others have no problem if the same process is being done with European players & their clubs & NHL clubs. It is called double standards here in Europe. And it is illegal by rule.

Last edited:
Reactions: zcaptain

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
He is under contract with SKA. So, no other club can talk directly or indirectly to him or his agent. If a club wishes to do so, they need the written approval from SKA. As a result should be an agreement between Canucks & SKA about a sum of the transfer fee.

Now I read somewhere the Sens doing the same with Tim Stützle who is under contract with Adler Mannheim. Again, the steps should be as follows 1.require permission to talk to Tim, 2.if Sens agree on terms with him, then negotiating with Adler about the transfer fee. A transfer can happen only if Adler agrees.

Just you to imagine it. Is it normal in the NHL that a player under contract with Pens can freely negotiate with other NHL club, say Bruins? Without getting approval from Pens? And if a player agrees with Bruins, nobody cares what Pens demand? Because they can demand anything! Simply, their player has chosen voluntarily to leave Pens while joining Bruins!

Hoping this is a good example for you. I am 100% sure you do not approve that Pens-Bruins example. But, for some reason, you & others have no problem if the same process is being done with European players & their clubs & NHL clubs. It is called double standards here in Europe. And it is illegal by rule.
Do you think SKA did this with Kovalchuk? How about when Radulov left?

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Yes, SKA negotiated with NJD about Kovalchuk. The talks took a few months if not above a year, resulting in agreement. Even the NHL HQ approved the move.

I admit SY Ufa played very NHL type of game with Radulov. So, the NHL tasted their medicine. Radulov is one case in history. But the NHL clubs doing this illegal moves all the time, over a dozen times if not more per off-season. This needs to be changed.

Reactions: BMann

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Yes, SKA negotiated with NJD about Kovalchuk. The talks took a few months if not above a year, resulting in agreement. Even the NHL HQ approved the move.

I admit SY Ufa played very NHL type of game with Radulov. So, the NHL tasted their medicine. Radulov is one case in history. But the NHL clubs doing this illegal moves all the time, over a dozen times if not more per off-season. This needs to be changed.
Nice. So you think NJ should have gotten compensation?

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Nice. So you think NJ should have gotten compensation?
The compensation was getting out of that contract lol.
NJD had little legs to stand on if Kovalchuk had already made a personal decision to go home to the KHL.

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009
Just like the khl has no legs to stand on when nhl teams come to talk to young russian players.
Illegal ? Nope. No agreement = no law.

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012

I may stand corrected...but my understanding was this........

1. The Canucks could not directly talk to Tryamkin
2. They could not contract a 2nd party to contact Tryamkin

But they could contact Tryamkin's agent, for information like his availability for after his contract is finished.
The agent could inform the Canucks he is not intending on signing a new contract with SKA and as long as the Canucks to not directly say, that want to sign him. In this case, it would be no different than him telling his parents, and the Canucks hearing that information.

I think the focus is that the Canucks can not directly or indirectly negotiate with him, prior to him contract running out, unless given permission.

I am also of the understanding there is no transfer agreement between the NHL and KHL

I could be wrong??????

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Is there even any agreement between the 2 leagues (NHL and KHL)?
There is. To honor the contracts and that's it. There is no transfer agreement as there should be none. The so called transfer agreements the NHL imposes on other leagus is basically all in NHL's favor.

Reactions: zcaptain and vorky

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
Is there even any agreement between the 2 leagues (NHL and KHL)?
Both leagues signed 'memorandum of understanding' in regards to respecting each others contracts that expired in 2015. The leagues still honour this arrangement as a type of handshake agreement. I don't believe the agreement was ever officially extended after expiration but I could be mistaken.

[URL='https://en.khl.ru/news/2014/08/07/227605.html']Memorandum of Understanding 2014 : News ... - KHL
[/URL]

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Both leagues signed 'memorandum of understanding' in regards to respecting each others contracts that expired in 2015. The leagues still honour this arrangement as a type of handshake agreement. I don't believe the agreement was ever officially extended after expiration but I could be mistaken.

Memorandum of Understanding 2014 : News ... - KHL
Of course, you are mistaken. MoU is extended every summer.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
SKA wins 5-3. Podkolzin played about 11 minutes, 2 shots on goal, no points.
- Podkolzin started (played) the game with Morozov and Marchenko

Kamenev 2+0 (16 minutes)
Marchenko 1+1 (13 minutes and change)
Morozov 1+1 (13 minutes and change
Kemppainen 1+0 (17 minutes and change)

Ozhiganov 0+2 (18 minutes and change)
Aaltonen 0+2 (about 15 minutes)
Burdasov 0+2 (16 minutes and change)

Reactions: Ginger Papa

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015

Kamenev 2+0 (16 minutes)

More box scoring watching for Geroge. All of SKA's goals came on the PP or as the PP expired. Podkolzin doesn't play on the PP.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011

Kamenev 2+0 (16 minutes)

Ozhiganov is a defenceman so in terms of icetime he is barely relevant to the list.

Nonetheless please don't show the Vancouver fans who belueve the Vancouver media lies the actual stat for icetimes in KHL games. That would be such a cold shower.

Kempainen, Burdasov, Kamenev are the only forwards with around 16 minutes. Tkachyov is the only other one with over 15 minutes. People just don't understand icetime could be handled differently in a different league. Podkolzin's 11 minutes aren't much, but they are from being a punishment or something.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Is it likely Podkolzin and Amirov will be linemates at the WJHC or will they split them up?
In the recent tournament they were not on the same line. Also they both played RW. How do you figure they would play together?

NoRaise4Brackett

But Brackett!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Lurking the Boards
Ozhiganov is a defenceman so in terms of icetime he is barely relevant to the list.

Nonetheless please don't show the Vancouver fans who belueve the Vancouver media lies the actual stat for icetimes in KHL games. That would be such a cold shower.

Kempainen, Burdasov, Kamenev are the only forwards with around 16 minutes. Tkachyov is the only other one with over 15 minutes. People just don't understand icetime could be handled differently in a different league. Podkolzin's 11 minutes aren't much, but they are from being a punishment or something.
The point isn't the amount of icetime, it's the type of usage. It's all over the place. Van fans are worried about the consistency of his usage. 4th line one day, 1st the next, then benched, then ?? I don't think he's being ruined, but is being constantly bounced around best for his development? That is certainly questionable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad