RW/LW Vasili Podkolzin - SKA St.Petersburg, KHL (2019, 10th, VAN) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
My pet peeve too. Resign is to step down. Re-sign is to sign a new contract. It’s as bad as they’re, their and there or to and too. The grammar on here is embarassing.
Come in guys clean it up. Don't wanna embarrass yourself to this guy.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Stay in the K longer due to the Canucks trading Madden? Either I'm missing the sarcasm or that's some of the most absurd logic I've ever heard on this site and that's saying something.

Guessing he means less room for pod now that toffoli has taken a spot

Reactions: Atas2000

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Ahh

OH cool! That was quick! how long did Toffoli extend with us for?
You mean Toffoli is a rental? I doubt it. 27y.o. with less than mediocre stats in a contract year. He can't exactly command a lot. My guess is the Canucks are banking on him being able to score 25goals a year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
The prospect who is used to playing 5 minutes per night for the first 25 games of his KHL career is somehow going to be surprised when his NHL affiliate expects him to earn his playing time away from the lines of Stanley Cup champions Toffoli/Pearson?
Also, if Podz walks into this roster and looks like an immediate top-6 player, and starts muscling 20-30-goal scoring veterans into the depths of the lineup, that's a great problem to have.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
The prospect who is used to playing 5 minutes per night for the first 25 games of his KHL career is somehow going to be surprised when his NHL affiliate expects him to earn his playing time away from the lines of Stanley Cup champions Toffoli/Pearson?
Also, if Podz walks into this roster and looks like an immediate top-6 player, and starts muscling 20-30-goal scoring veterans into the depths of the lineup, that's a great problem to have.

This is such a common mistake to make. To assume everything works perfectly, coaches are superhuman man-machines without emotions and the only factors relevant to player'ssuccess are performance based.

IRL though there is much more to it and if a player is wise, he is trying to avoid some predictable situatiosn where he just can't win. We all know by now how some of those stories unfolded. How Panarin finally cashed in in New Yorl and how Shipachyov allegedly could not make the NHL, while he is stilll the by far best center in the KHL and defnitely had the talent.

If you see a roster with guys who are designated to be occupy the spots, be it because of their contract, previous achievements or simply because the head coach likes their haircuts, if you don't have a choice, you'd probably have to battle and wait, and wait and battle. But if you do have an opportunity to stay in the KHL instead, I thnk it is a by far better choice than wasting time in the AHL from every perspective: money and development wise.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
That Toffoli trade though.... If I am Podkolzin I am staying put in St.Petersburg for a few more years now.
Why? Pod is not coming over until the year after next year. Even if they extend Toffoli there is still room in the top 9 for him to learn the NHL game. EP, Horvat, Miller, Boeser, Pearson, Toffoli and Virtanen. Still room for Podzolkin and Hoglander to find a spot and there is always the possibility to trade a player. Similar to how the Sedins came over and played on the third line for a while.
Having too many good players is not an issue I stay awake at night worrying about.

Reactions: stampedingviking

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Guessing he means less room for pod now that toffoli has taken a spot

but other spots have opened up already, because Pearson is probably gone, Erickson plays for 2 more seasons and same with rouselle and we might not even sign toffoli.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
You mean Toffoli is a rental? I doubt it. 27y.o. with less than mediocre stats in a contract year. He can't exactly command a lot. My guess is the Canucks are banking on him being able to score 25goals a year.
Contract and cap situations dictate how it will go...
Toffoli is a pure rental.

This is his first opportunity to hit the market as a UFA.

Reactions: lawrence

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
My pet peeve too. Resign is to step down. Re-sign is to sign a new contract. It’s as bad as they’re, their and there or to and too. The grammar on here is embarassing.

I tink dis yost is a yoke

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006

Toffoli is a rental, its Benning throwing a bone at the guys after Boeser/Ferland/Leivo are all out for the next 8 weeks. Everyone in the organisation wants to make the playoffs, so is a necessary short term move.

It kills the HFboarders who have infinite patience in their dynasty mode mindset, but everything points to Benning not having much long term plans for him. If it happens, if he can figure out our cap, Markstrom's contract, bonuses, LTIRs, Tanev, expansion drafts, NTCs, ELCs... I bet Benning's brain at this point is melting down....

So no.

Toffoli is currently not going to be resigned after this year.

Podkolzin has nothing to worry about, he is, for all intents and purposes, our newest golden calf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad