RW/LW Vasili Podkolzin - SKA St.Petersburg, KHL (2019, 10th, VAN) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Wait so you are telling me that when a player gets more playing time his chances of getting more points increase?

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I don't get you. Are you some sort of wannabe scout?

Or...was that just a legit, honest question?. (that i was just wondering)

giphy.gif

FromRussiaWithLove

Jul 9, 2019
Saint Petersburg
He is getting points, but...his line mates are getting more points what he is, what's that all about.
His linemates are both full year ahead in development – Marchenko and Morozov played very minimally last year in KHL (18yo D+1 seasons) and didn't produce any points. What Podkolzin is doing is special for 18 year old on SKA. He is the engine that drives the line. Please watch games and forget the stats.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
His linemates are both full year ahead in development – Marchenko and Morozov played very minimally last year in KHL (18yo D+1 seasons) and didn't produce any points. What Podkolzin is doing is special for 18 year old on SKA. He is the engine that drives the line. Please watch games and forget the stats.
Igor Larionov says Podkolzin reminds him of Mark Messier. Big, skilled, smart, leader, and mean. Canucks look to have stolen the best player in his draft class three years in a row.

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
Igor Larionov says Podkolzin reminds him of Mark Messier. Big, skilled, smart, leader, and mean. Canucks look to have stolen the best player in his draft class three years in a row.

do you have a link to Larionov's quotes or interview? not that i dont believe you, i just genuinely want to read it

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
I think he was comparing more their playing style/individual attributes than ability/impact. That said, it's very high praise from a very intelligent hockey guy.

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
I think he was comparing more their playing style/individual attributes than ability/impact. That said, it's very high praise from a very intelligent hockey guy.

Yep Larionov says he see's Messier in the way Podz plays.

I told him a couple days ago, he reminds me of a young Mark Messier,” said Larionov. “The way he’s physical, he’s mean, and he’s winning all the battles all over the ice.”

Reactions: CanuckCity

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
no points?? back to being a bust :sarcasm:

that was a very playoff like tight checking game. 1-0 OT win for SKA. Pods and the u20 line were still very very good though

I read somewhere that Pods is considered one of the strongest players on the SKA team already as an 18yr old. This guy has Drago strength. Hopefully he isnt juicing like Drago!

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Yep Larionov says he see's Messier in the way Podz plays.

I told him a couple days ago, he reminds me of a young Mark Messier,” said Larionov. “The way he’s physical, he’s mean, and he’s winning all the battles all over the ice.”

So he's going to destroy the Canucks from the inside? :sarcasm:

Reactions: lawrence
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad