RW/LW Lucas Raymond - Frolunda HC, SWE JRs (2020, 4th, DET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I want Raymond or Rossi

This is so wrong. Sanderson might have the most upside in the entire draft.

I keep hearing conflicting opinions. Some say what you are saying, while some others say he's a safe pick (his ceiling being not super high being implied).

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
People love to throw around the "small sample size". Points or not Raymond has taken over the spot on the first PP from perhaps the best PP-guy in recent years in the SHL, and he has done so like a champ. I would even say that he's been pretty dominant at times. Saying that, he still has some clear weaknesses to his game (normal for his age). He still looks a bit too weak at times. But if I was scoutning him I wouldn't worry too much about that since he clearly looks stronger and all around better than last season, which to me indicates a pretty quick development in those parts of his game. Clear top 5 pick for me still.
Agreed. I have him locked into my top 4 and he's not far off Stutzle for 3 IMO. When I saw that he had clearly gained muscle (which oftentimes means 5-10 lbs) and that he looks stronger and faster on top of that, it pretty much relieved my biggest concern about him. I know he doesn't play C which might detract him in the eyes of other fans, but his toolkit is darn near prototypical for a high, high end play driving Wing. He's got the hands, vision, skating, IQ and motor to be a complete 200 ft player.

Edit:
I want Raymond or Rossi

I keep hearing conflicting opinions. Some say what you are saying, while some others say he's a safe pick (his ceiling being not super high being implied).
I'm a big fan of Sanderson too. His floor is super high and his ceiling is super high too. He's all but a lock to be a #3 minute munching D, who plays incredibly sound defense with the potential (if his offense continues to develop) to be a #1. His skating is elite and he has more size than Drysdale. I see him as a potential Roman Josi-type.

Last edited:
Reactions: HzH

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
He lacks offensive ability? Since you obviously lack the ability to properly evaluate a players game, I will sit this debate out.

trust me, you'll feel a lot better that you did.

Hes got a strikingly similar take on every single player in the 2020 draft. He doesn't like it, and he wants everyone to feel the same way about it. Its his personal mission to drag every player through the mud, seriously.

ChabotToTrot

Jul 22, 2011
Ottawa
Has anyone watched his season so far? Does he look like a different player from last year? Did he take a step during the break?

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
Has anyone watched his season so far? Does he look like a different player from last year? Did he take a step during the break?
From the bits that I've seen it looks like he put on muscle. I would say he had very good off season in the gym. He has been more assertive on the ice too. Again, point totals are one thing, but he looks like he worked on some of his bigger issues.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
From the bits that I've seen it looks like he put on muscle. I would say he had very good off season in the gym. He has been more assertive on the ice too. Again, point totals are one thing, but he looks like he worked on some of his bigger issues.

Reports were I Think that he has put on about 10 pounds? I can't remember where I read that, but it may be in this thread somewhere.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
Reports were I Think that he has put on about 10 pounds? I can't remember where I read that, but it may be in this thread somewhere.
Yeah I've seen that too. Its what it says on Elite Prospects. I don't necessarily buy into what gets reported for height/weight, as its usually some amount of inaccurate. He looks bigger and faster from the footage I've seen from the pre-season and early season and that's enough for me. I'd say that 180 lbs looks accurate.

ChabotToTrot

Jul 22, 2011
Ottawa

Yeah I've seen that too. Its what it says on Elite Prospects. I don't necessarily buy into what gets reported for height/weight, as its usually some amount of inaccurate. He looks bigger and faster from the footage I've seen from the pre-season and early season and that's enough for me. I'd say that 180 lbs looks accurate.

See this is what you love to see. I have seen clips and so on, but I think he'd be a slam dunk for Ottawa if he's there at 5

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
trust me, you'll feel a lot better that you did.

Hes got a strikingly similar take on every single player in the 2020 draft. He doesn't like it, and he wants everyone to feel the same way about it. Its his personal mission to drag every player through the mud, seriously.
Not enough americans for him. He is even jaded about Sanderson because his father is canadian. Its actually unbelievable to watch. However since NYR won the draft lottery his evaluation of Lafreniere is now that he is a super star. Look at the Eichek thread. Its hilariously predictable.

Back to Raymond, i think he is going to be a heck of a player and whoever gets him is going to be a lucky fan base.

Reactions: Samsquanch

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
I don’t think he will drop that far.

Man I’ll be pissed if Ottawa passes over him at 5. Aside from Rossi... then fine

Ottawa is ready to trade the #5 pick depending on the situation, it could be seen as they have Raymond targeted for their 5 pick. If he is gone to Detroit they trade if they find a deal.

That would mean they see Raymond as top 4 (Laf, Stützle, Byfield, Raymond) and then there's a tier of basically equal prospects after them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad