RW/LW Lucas Raymond - Frolunda HC, SWE JRs (2020, 4th, DET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I would love for the Sens to take Raymond at 3 just to watch HF explode. Maybe they aren't enamored by Byfield or Stutzle like the rest of us.

Then Detroit takes Askarov or Sanderson at 4 and Ottawa gets Byfield/Stutzle anyway.
Yeah Detroit's not taking either Askarov or Sanderson over Byfield/Stutzle especially since Yzerman has heavily scouted Tim Stutzle and he's his #1 target.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
Yeah Detroit's not taking either Askarov or Sanderson over Byfield/Stutzle especially since Yzerman has heavily scouted Tim Stutzle and he's his #1 target.

I don't take a lot stock with what a GM says pre-draft. Or pre-draft rumors in general. So much of how the draft plays out is contextual that GMs have zero reason to tip their hand. When has Stevie ever not played his cards close to his chest? What benefit does Dorion have in letting us know which direction he's going with 3? He has no reason to give Detroit the ability to plan ahead.

Now, I would shocked if the draft doesn't go Laf > Byfield/Stutzle > whomever, I'm not going to act like its out of the question either.

Reactions: Ulysses31

Deas

Feb 3, 2017
I would love for the Sens to take Raymond at 3 just to watch HF explode. Maybe they aren't enamored by Byfield or Stutzle like the rest of us.

Then Detroit takes Askarov or Sanderson at 4 and Ottawa gets Byfield/Stutzle anyway.

Hope for Raymond at 5. Not at all unlikely that Sens get Stutzle and Raymond.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I don't take a lot stock with what a GM says pre-draft. Or pre-draft rumors in general. So much of how the draft plays out is contextual that GMs have zero reason to tip their hand. When has Stevie ever not played his cards close to his chest? What benefit does Dorion have in letting us know which direction he's going with 3? He has no reason to give Detroit the ability to plan ahead.

Now, I would shocked if the draft doesn't go Laf > Byfield/Stutzle > whomever, I'm not going to act like its out of the question either.

We are taking Byfield or Stutzle at 3 like it or not.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
We are taking Byfield or Stutzle at 3 like it or not.
I think so too, but I want chaos. Unlikely this year, but I'll probably get my wish for 2021 though. Hardest draft to analyze since the lock out. No clear #1, incomplete and/or shortened season under unusual circumstances depending on the league and team that a player is on. Gonna be really fun to speculate about

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Id add in his heart and compete level in the playoffs as well :sarcasm:
I realy like Marner but this was not his year, even if he got a lot of points. Raymond, got a better shot. But he should not get as many points in NHL. Marner got the gift of being able to get points no matter how he plays. Raymond might not come close to Marner overall ,but he will be interesting to follow.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
I see more Nylander in Raymond, am o wrong?

Raymond was regarded as a potential #1st overall threat up until last season. Hes junior numbers place him among the best Swedish prospects ever.

Slow start to his SEL career but the talent is obvious.

I would say hes much closer to Marner as a prospect and in terms of style than Nylander.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I feel like Ottawa could trade down if Quinn is their guy. No guarantee hes available but a high chance you get your guy and gain an asset. Worst case is you gain an asset, miss your guy, and get someone else who's been highly rated

If they stay at 5 it seems like raymond, askarov or Sanderson would be more likely

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I feel like Ottawa could trade down if Quinn is their guy. No guarantee hes available but a high chance you get your guy and gain an asset. Worst case is you gain an asset, miss your guy, and get someone else who's been highly rated

If they stay at 5 it seems like raymond, askarov or Sanderson would be more likely

People always say this about trading down, but how often are top 10 picks traded down from? It cant be that easy to trade down since it rarely happens

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
People always say this about trading down, but how often are top 10 picks traded down from? It cant be that easy to trade down since it rarely happens

Unless Anaheim thinks that they can get their guy at a lower position plus adding another piece it could be in their favor.

I'm really interested at that 15th pick..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad