RW Kaapo Kakko - TPS, Liiga (2019 Draft) Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
It doesnt make that much of a difference that hes playing men when hes the size of one already - in terms of being #1 vs #2

Oh but it does.

The fact that hes already able to ward off professional players despite not being physically developed is a massive feather in his cap and of all the attributes between the two players, probably the one that has the biggest gap. Hughes is going to get bigger and stronger, but so is Kakko.

It won't be enough to push him to the top slot in the draft, but can very well be one in terms of their overall effectiveness moving forward, especially in the playoffs.

Reactions: shinchanuuhh

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
He's playing very well right now in the back to back vs Sweden. Looking like one of the more dominate players on the ice.

Devs also trolling us now

You're not suppose to show any Kakko stuff! :laugh:

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden
I noticed that in these sweden games Jalonen have placed Kakko in front of the net as soon as they get possesion in swedes zone, he should not be there IMO.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I feel so bad for the kid, it's pretty much quaranteed we'll get zero NHL players into this roster, and he has to go through top tier NHL teams with Liiga players.

Reactions: FinnishSniper

FinnishSniper

May 8, 2016
Finland
Honestly without any bias, we saw what happened with Kuch, Gaudreau for instance in playoffs this year. They disappeared. Players like Rantanen, Stone dominate the playoffs with their physicality. I’d say Hughes could be able to pot more points in the regular season than Kakko, but in the playoffs Kakko will be better. Playoff performance is the only thing that matters in my opinion, which gives Kakko the edge. Also if it counts, Kakko has won two golds for his team in a critical role.

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
All of these Kakko and Hughes and Kakko versus Hughes or Hughes vs Kakko or Kakko vs Kakko or Hughes and why not Kakko or is Kakko better than anybody ever or Why is Hughes #1 if Kakko plays against men-threads consist of nothing but broken records. It is annoying and nothing else.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Honestly without any bias, we saw what happened with Kuch, Gaudreau for instance in playoffs this year. They disappeared. Players like Rantanen, Stone dominate the playoffs with their physicality. I’d say Hughes could be able to pot more points in the regular season than Kakko, but in the playoffs Kakko will be better. Playoff performance is the only thing that matters in my opinion, which gives Kakko the edge. Also if it counts, Kakko has won two golds for his team in a critical role.

To be fair Marner was the best Leafs in last years playoffs.
That said a player with size, speed and skill is a dream for playoffs.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden
Why not? doesn't that suit his style?

No. But its probably good for him to a bit here and there, But I prefere when he can be one of the puck movers. He passes, try to shot alot. And even att times try to deeke it in front of the net for a pass or shot, OR go behind net and try someting creative. He just stands there in front of the net, I could almost do that.. Its waste of Kakkos talent

Mysteric1000

Feb 13, 2019
No. But its probably good for him to a bit here and there, But I prefere when he can be one of the puck movers. He passes, try to shot alot. And even att times try to deeke it in front of the net for a pass or shot, OR go behind net and try someting creative. He just stands there in front of the net, I could almost do that.. Its waste of Kakkos talent

I agree. I culd see Kakko being a set up guy on the point right side where he has options to play either to the point or if Finland is using high triangle pattern to create tap passes from that side or the other side (depends a lot of handedness of a guy in the middle). F.ex one wild card culd be Hakanpää (when and if hes on the team). Hakanpää especially on the cases they actually create shooting lanes. Kärpät has used Dman on the screen in front so I think there wuld be nothing special when it comes considering who do put there infront to make screen.

Theres certainly variations, and it will become clearer as our team actually starts to consist. If we even have specialized guys there we culd have some sort of wild card guys.

Kakko definitely are one of those skilled guys we dont have on that team and his skills have worked well on that faceoff spot in TPS aswell so why not in WC despite the competition is a notch higher tho.

Last edited:

1OApick

Jun 29, 2016
I personally don't like putting too much of emphasis to small sample sizes.

Kakko is very impressive player but he really needs strong ouck carrying limemate on international level. On offence he can be dominant but would really like to see him with good puck carrier.

Reactions: FinnishSniper

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I personally don't like putting too much of emphasis to small sample sizes.

Kakko is very impressive player but he really needs strong ouck carrying limemate on international level. On offence he can be dominant but would really like to see him with good puck carrier.
He is a strong puck carrying player. He's not even drafted yet, not really sure what else you can expect from him playing against top international teams.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
NHL Playoffs All-Time Points Leaders

Where’s the evidence that size is correlated to playoff performance? I’m not seeing it, and this includes eras where it was orders of magnitude more difficult for smaller players. It’s especially unimportant when we’re talking about players gifted enough to be the top pick in the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad