RW Kaapo Kakko - TPS, Liiga (2019 Draft) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I've always been skeptical of Jack Hughes being some sort of unanimous #1 pick. Obviously WJC is still a small sample size but Kakko's giving GMs tons to think about if they want to pass him up for Hughes.

Reactions: LAINEC and fr9dd9

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I think Kakko makes the most sense for Vancouver, style/fit wise but there's the brother connection.

I've said it before but Kakko going to good team is far more important than him going 1st overall, who cares in 5 years whether he went 1st or 2nd if he's beasting in the playoffs.

I kind of agree but that would indeed an extremely interesting situation.

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
Hughes really needed to dominate in U20s to separate himself from Kakko. He didn't.

No way the race is over.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I kind of agree but that would indeed an extremely interesting situation.

It would make for helluva few months in Vancouver.

With Pettersson& Horvat Kakko looks about a perfect forward for them. Powerforward winger to go with Boeser on the wing.

Reactions: CanuckCity

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

With Pettersson& Horvat Kakko looks about a perfect forward for them. Powerforward winger to go with Boeser on the wing.

I wonder if the Canucks would play it that way might make a 2nd superline with Horvat and Kakko as the base of it.

Reactions: CanuckCity

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I wonder if the Canucks would play it that way might make a 2nd superline with Horvat and Kakko as the base of it.

It would be a really tough line to play against, match up line.

But Vancouver is way too high for him right now.

Blade Paradigm

Oct 21, 2017
It says so much that Finland coach Jussi Ahokas started playing Kakko and Lundell as regular penalty killers in this gold medal game. They also had them out in the final minute of the game to defend the lead.

Kakko and Hughes have faced each other in two gold medal games now.

2018 U18 Worlds; 2019 U20 World Juniors:

Kaapo Kakko: 2 Gold
Jack Hughes: 2 Silver

Kakko just scored the 2019 WJC tournament-winning goal and was named Player of the Game.

Amazing.

Genu

Mar 19, 2011
Finland
I though Kakko played his best game in finals. Rather nice after i thought he struggled a bit in earlier meetings with US and Canada. Really showed his world-class puck control in this game.

I do think Kakko can challenge for 1st pick, but Hughes does have outstanding potential. Interesting to see if TPS continues playing him in the middle.

Reactions: fr9dd9

Mathew Barzal

Walk It Like I Tocchet
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver, BC
It would be a really tough line to play against, match up line.

But Vancouver is way too high for him right now.

If there's anything the last few years have taught me it's that if you're not in the playoffs you have a decent shot at a lottery pick.

Being bottom 3 is almost assured disappointment.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver

Kakko is better than Hughes, but Vancouver takes Hughes just so they can have that dumb brother connection.

Reactions: BabyPanda
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad